Count me as a statistic - I got my FP too! :)

bajis

Registered Users (C)
Taking the cue from so many people, I too called TSC and finally got FP for both my wife and myself.

Last Name (same for both of us) Initial: S

PD: 04/19/1999
I485 RD: 11/08/2001
I485 ND: 11/17/2001
EB2, India
SRC #: SRC-02-039-5****

Called TSC (first time ever): 12/06/2002
Received FP Notice on hand: 12/14/2002

Home: Arlington, TX
Office: Fort Worth, TX

FP Place: Ft. Worth ASC @ Ft. Worth Town Center Mall, TX 76155
FP Date: 01/02/2003

Except Social Secirity Number, everything was filled out (including A#).

There is no mention about the FP on AVM and Online. They still say, "Your I485 APPLICATION ... was received on November 17, 2001. We mailed you ... taking between 725 and 775 days ... mail you a decision ... is complete."

Both Trackers Updated:
1. http://www.e-nairobi.com/aos/
2. http://www.rupnet.com/immigration/ (FP drop down box does not have 2003. Hence I put 2002. But check "Comments".)

We are going on vacation to Jackson Hole, WY and The Big Island, HI on 12/16/2002 evening. We shall be back in town only on 12/30/2002. [Getting a Cold and Hot treatment!! :) ] Hence we plan to go for our FP on our appointed date [01/02/2003] only.

I hope I did not miss out any detail above that might be useful to anyone. I shall be checking the board till 12/16/2002 @ 4 PM. Please post any questions or comments you have and I shall try my best to answer them. If I get hold of a computer, I shall also check the board during my vacation [uh ... if my wife allows that :) ].

Happy Holidays Everyone! Hope the New Year bring us all new hope and future.

RD-11/19/2002

Bajis, Hi. Do you really think calling made a difference? I shudder at the thought of having to call. The few times I tried I gave up when I could not get through after 20 minutes or so. My RD is just several days after yours. Sundar.

Hi Bajis,

Congrats for getting FP and of course it might be the last wait. BTW, my RD is 11/01/01 (just before than yours) and PD 05/01/00 and still did not receive FP notice. I 've called around 3 times for the past 4 weeks and for all the times the luck did not favor me.

Hopefully I will try one more time next week and see how it goes.

Happy vacation and enjoy with this new cheer.

= Why-R
PD 05/01/00
RD 09/11/01
ND 11/01/01

Hi ramanathansunda and Why-R2,

I definitely feel that I got my FP ONLY because I called! I guess its pure luck of draw what kind of IIO you get. But as someone kept trying for a loooong time, I think it is worth it to keep trying. I know its a pain in the neck. But hey, the rewards are richer!

SRC-02 ???

YOU FILES 485 IN 11/2001 AND YOUR SRC IS 02 HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE ???, Guys I hope you are not fooling around here we have alredy seen enough.... in past

SRC-02 -xxx-xxxxx starts from 10/01/2001 in stead of 01/01/2002. So I don't see preblem from the post.

Completed FP.

My wife and I completed our FP today (01/02/2003).

I just wanted to add that if anything is missing in your FP appointment letter (like SSN, A#, etc.), you will be given a chance to review all the information on the monitor. Thus you'll have a chance to correct or add missing info after your FP process.

Bajis,

Are you from each state ? I 'm from GA and did not see any FP notices from GA folks.

Thanks,

Why-R2

Hi Bajis,

Which state are you from ? I 'm from GA and I did not see any FPs from GA folks.

Thanks,

Why-R

Hi Why-R2,

I'm in Texas.

I guess, if the ASC near you is booked full (busy), they might not order FP. When I went today, there were about 5 families (pretty empty I thought).

But do keep calling TSC. I'm seeing many posts from people who have waited > 1 year getting help from IIOs (by manually ordering FP).

Good luck!
- bajis

AVM/On-line Update

My wife and I did our FP on 01/02/2003. AVM/On-line got updated (for both of us) on 01/08/2003 as follows.

AVM/On-line Message before 01/08/2003:
=============================
"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on November 17, 2001. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 725 and 775 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

AVM/On-line Message on and after 01/08/2003:
=================================
"On January 8, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for bajis

bajis do you know what days and times they do FP at the Fortworth ASC? We are planning to go earlier than our FP dates. Thanks in advance.

I am from GA

Some one in the thread was curious about the FP's in GA.

BTW :- I did follow up multiple times to get the FP notice.

Few officers were really helpful others were following there book of rules.

One lady guided me to send a fax and I did that.

Please note :- If you talk to a person then make a habit of writing the name and the date of discussion, that helps when you call next time.

Thanks

Luta

Hi vettipuls,

Q: Do you know what days and times they do FP at the Fortworth ASC?
A: According to http://www.ins.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/asc7.htm#texas , they are open for FP "Tuesday - Saturday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM". As per many posts I have seen here, one can do their FP early by going on Wednesday or Saturday after 2 PM (it must be in your FP notice too). I could not try that as I was not in town. Good luck!