Could not have interview-File has not come

Your background check probably got started when you submitted your finger prints. However, common sense would dictate not to assume that your name check has actually cleared :)

Do you think at this stage I may assume that the background check and name check are cleared.

Your background check probably got started when you submitted your finger prints. However, common sense would dictate not to assume that your name check has actually cleared :)

But I heard that now days they are transferring the file to local office and scheduling interviews only after the name check and background check are completed.Is it true.
Thanks

Just playing devil's advocate. It is possible that upon receipt of your A-file, your security check was re-requested. Hopefully that is not the case. I am just ensuring you do not assume that all background checks are complete.

It was in deed scheduled for 04/27 .But did not happen because the file has not come and now the file has come.That is the current status.

Just playing devil's advocate. It is possible that upon receipt of your A-file, your security check was re-requested. Hopefully that is not the case. I am just ensuring you do not assume that all background checks are complete.
The officer told my file is waiting for further review but did not say it is for further investigation.It has been just four business days after original interview date( when file did not come to DO) to my info-pass.The file might have come a day or two before.Hence I am thinking that they need some time to reschedule the next date. My assumption is based on my clean record..Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The officer told my file is waiting for further review but did not say it is for further investigation.It has been just four business days after original interview date( when file did not come to DO) to my info-pass.The file might have come a day or two before.Hence I am thinking that they need some time to reschedule the next date. My assumption is based on my clean record..Thanks

Hi jacksonfields,

Sorry to hear about your experience at the Washington, DC DO... :( Hopefully you will get your new IL from them soon!

I have a suggestion for you regarding your concern about the background checks. I would call the NCSC and describe your situation (interview cancelled when you appeared on the ID). I wouldn't necessarily tell them about your InfoPass. Have them transfer you to a 2nd-level IO. Then ask the IO to look up the status of your Name Check and FP on their computer system.

If you do it, would you also ask them what the location of your A-file says on their computer? I have been trying to track mine since I got the "Case transferred" status, and my file appears to still be at the NBC. I am curious as to whether the location changes in their system when the file is received by the DO. I am concerned that I will end up having the same situation as yours and, if so, want to try to somehow speed up the transfer of my actual A-file.

I said a prayer for you as you work your way through this obstacle! I am sure soon you will be a proud USC!! :)

Hi jacksonfields,

Sorry to hear about your experience at the Washington, DC DO... :( Hopefully you will get your new IL from them soon!

I said a prayer for you as you work your way through this obstacle! I am sure soon you will be a proud USC!! :)

Thank you so much for your kind concern.In fact I called the 1-800 number on Friday and talked to 2nd level officer about the file location , the name and Background check status.He said he does not see any problem with my background and name check.And regards to my file he said it should be in transit and should reach DO soon.As he said the file is now in DO.Hopefully I will get my IL soon.
Once again sincere thanks for your prayers for me.