Converting B1/B2 to H1 or F1

rishabh50

Registered Users (C)
Is there any problem converting B1 to H1 or F1.

Anyone had any problem converting B1 to H1 at the consulate (visa stamping)?

If you already have an B1 and your F1 visa gets rejected, do they cancel your B1 also?

Can someone help me?

RJ

You seem to be confusing terminology. Statuses change within the US, not outside. Outside the US, you apply for different types of visas. It seems you have a B-1 visa and want to apply for an F-1 visa. You are more than welcome to do so. If your F-1 visa is rejected, the consulate may decide to revoke your B-1 visa or do nothing with it. It is their discretion.

Is there any problem converting B1 to H1 or F1.

Anyone had any problem converting B1 to H1 at the consulate (visa stamping)?

If you already have an B1 and your F1 visa gets rejected, do they cancel your B1 also?

Can someone help me?

RJ

If you got a B-1, then u must have come for some business purpose. What will happen to your business back home if u convert to H1 or F1? Something seems fishy here. If u really need a H-1 or F-1, why don't u go back to your home country and enter the U.S with a proper visa classification?

yes, I understand that I will have to go back to home country, go to the US consulate, get my visa stamped and then reenter USA. My question was just because I entered the country once on B1 can the consulate reject my H1/F1?

What are the grounds for rejecting an H1/F1?

yes, I understand that I will have to go back to home country, go to the US consulate, get my visa stamped and then reenter USA. My question was just because I entered the country once on B1 can the consulate reject my H1/F1?

It depends on when did you enter. What was the purpose of B1/B2. If you told the visa officer that you are going to see family and then got a job or get admission to a university in US. then your H1/F1 can be rejected.

Since u DID NOT honor the intention of your B-1 visa then your visa interview will not be easy. They can reject your visa on those grounds. You better be true to what u said during your visa interview. It makes like easy for citizens of your country to visit / tour the U.S.