convert I485 to Consular Process

seeklabor

Registered Users (C)
Ginuu and other knowledgable persons,

Is it possible to convert pending I485 to CP, and have you ever heard of it
anybody done in the past..?

Please respond with your comments or advices (it is posted in other subforums but no response yet).

It would be really appreciated your any feedback!

Thanks a lot.

Ginuu and other knowledgable persons,

Is it possible to convert pending I485 to CP, and have you ever heard of it
anybody done in the past..?
-----------------You can do it. It was done by many in 2000 or 1999. FYI if you go for CP then no AC21, no EAD or AP and if employer revoke I-140 then GC process is dead. I will not advice for going through CP as at the time of CP interview you will need Notarized latest job offer letter from US employer and employer may not give you job offer letter. No appeal if denied by consulate. Please respond with your comments or advices (it is posted in other subforums but no response yet).

It would be really appreciated your any feedback!

Thanks a lot.
--------------

--------------
Thanks a lot Ginuu, that's sounds right to me also, not going to CP.

BTW, in the meantime I went to infopass and met with IO, she told me that "your I485 is preadjudicated as of August 28th, 2009. Its just waiting for decision and probably visa number, you may expect it by November". Then I told her that my PD is current from September and still Nov visa bulletin its current -- that means visa numbers are possibly there, on response she told that probably yes and you may not have to wait long hopefully. (I485 waiting from July 2007, EB2)

What does it mean...? why is it still waiting...?

Thanks again for your response, appreciated.

One thing is -- we were out of the country for 3 weeks in August, do you think that may delay to complete the process for any administrative reason....? in port of entry they stamped my and my spoue's I-94 as "AOS" (i am in EAD and AP, visa not renewed by employer) and gave date one year from that date in august 3rd week.

Your response would be appreciated and thanks again.

Thanks a lot Ginuu, that's sounds right to me also, not going to CP.

BTW, in the meantime I went to infopass and met with IO, she told me that "your I485 is preadjudicated as of August 28th, 2009.
---------------- Many I-485 are preadjudicated and it simply means that if any document was missing they sent RFe so that they can attach with file. I-485 will be approved when your PD is current for your country of birth.

Its just waiting for decision and probably visa number, you may expect it by November". Then I told her that my PD is current from September and still Nov visa bulletin its current -- that means visa numbers are possibly there, on response she told that probably yes and you may not have to wait long hopefully. (I485 waiting from July 2007, EB2)

------------------What is your PD? LC filing date? EB2 or EB3? country of your birth.T
hanks again for your response, appreciated.

One thing is -- we were out of the country for 3 weeks in August, do you think that may delay to complete the process for any administrative reason....? in port of entry they stamped my and my spoue's I-94 as "AOS" (i am in EAD and AP, visa not renewed by employer) and gave date one year from that date in august 3rd week.
-----------------------Info on I-94 is correct. out of country for 3 weeks or 8 weeks does not delay I-485 approval.

Your response would be appreciated and thanks again.
---------------

---------------

Thanks Ginnu.

Its just waiting for decision and probably visa number, you may expect it by November". Then I told her that my PD is current from September and still Nov visa bulletin its current -- that means visa numbers are possibly there, on response she told that probably yes and you may not have to wait long hopefully. (I485 waiting from July 2007, EB2)

------------------What is your PD? LC filing date? EB2 or EB3? country of your birth.
Mine is EB2 India, PD: Dec, 2004.
So, visa number is supposed to be there, don't know why is it waiting even if peradjudicated..?

Thanks Ginnu.

What does it mean...? why is it still waiting...?------------------What is your PD? LC filing date? EB2 or EB3? country of your birth.
Mine is EB2 India, PD: Dec, 2004.
So, visa number is supposed to be there, don't know why is it waiting even if peradjudicated..?

Ginnu, and others what do you think about its delaying...?

Thanks for your any feedback.

Ginnu, and others what do you think about its delaying...?
--------------dont know. you may call them or contact your Congressman/senator and they will get the dpdate for you. explain every point on detail with your name, DOB, A#, I-485 filing reciept number and your address.
Thanks for your any feedback.
-------------------

-------------------

Thanks Ginnu.

Actually I did that, contacted senator, they submitted query, first time USCIS told we are working according to receipt no and may take 45-90 days, 45 days already gone, i asked them for 2nd query, they did and got response from them that some 1200 candidates are there in Dec 2004, so once it would get visa no it they would approve.

that's it...?

Thanks Ginnu.

Actually I did that, contacted senator, they submitted query, first time USCIS told we are working according to receipt no and may take 45-90 days, 45 days already gone, i asked them for 2nd query, they did and got response from them that some 1200 candidates are there in Dec 2004, so once it would get visa no it they would approve.

that's it...?

I'm wondering how come they(senator) don't get info from USCIS that I got from infopass that mine one is preadjudicated on last week of August...?

Should I point it to senator thur' one more letter....., senator last letter said to me that if within last 90 days don't hear anything then I should call them.

What do you suggest....? any feedback or your view in this case would be appreciated.....,

Thanks a lot.

I'm wondering how come they(senator) don't get info from USCIS that I got from infopass that mine one is preadjudicated on last week of August...?

Should I point it to senator thur' one more letter....., senator last letter said to me that if within last 90 days don't hear anything then I should call them.
--------------------call them ,nothing wrong
What do you suggest....? any feedback or your view in this case would be appreciated.....,

Thanks a lot.

again go to senator office or contact his/her office and also contact your Representative /congressman office.