Conversion from BEC to PERM

Hi babu,

Correct me if Iam wrong..but i thought recrutiment was supposed to be complete when filing for conversion from regular/RIR - PERM

You are right, we did the recruitment for the PERM application and submitted. The PERM application is still pending. In the meantime, the DOL has issued the job advertisement for my BEC case on ajb.org, this effectively means that DBEC has no idea that there is a PERM Case pending with a request to keep the priority date of the old case. The process the DOL follows is the advertise for a month and ask the employer to do the recruitment process and document the results and send it back to them for adjudication of the case.

I have asked my law firm to tell me how this impacts my case and the stupid law firm does not even know the TR process.

I am just crossing my fingers and waiting for some miracle to happen and see my case getting certified.

Thanks,
H1Babu

PERM Conversion pending and Recruitment Instructions issued from DBEC

Hello All:

I dont know if anyone ever is in my situation or not. I have applied for the PERM conversion in July 2006, nothing happened till today.

Today, the lawyer said thay they received recruitment instuctions for my BEC case. The law firm has no clue what happens to the conversion case and he is saying that they will be proceeding with the recruitment process.

Can anyone please give some suggestion of what is the best thing to do now? The options are:
1. Follow up with DOL to open the PERM case and do something with that.
2. To keep the PERM conversion as is and do what is needed for the BEC case.
3. To withdraw the conversion request and proceed with the DBEC case.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hello All:

I dont know if anyone ever is in my situation or not. I have applied for the PERM conversion in July 2006, nothing happened till today.

Today, the lawyer said thay they received recruitment instuctions for my BEC case. The law firm has no clue what happens to the conversion case and he is saying that they will be proceeding with the recruitment process.

Can anyone please give some suggestion of what is the best thing to do now? The options are:
1. Follow up with DOL to open the PERM case and do something with that.
2. To keep the PERM conversion as is and do what is needed for the BEC case.
3. To withdraw the conversion request and proceed with the DBEC case.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hi H1Bbabu,

I am also in the same situation. Today I called my lawyer and he mentioned

that they have received recruitment instruction for my old case. I am so

confused. I don't know what to do. I also filed for

PERM on Oct 31. Please keep in touch.

Thanks.:confused:

Hi H1Bbabu,

I am also in the same situation. Today I called my lawyer and he mentioned

that they have received recruitment instruction for my old case. I am so

confused. I don't know what to do. I also filed for

PERM on Oct 31. Please keep in touch.

Thanks.:confused:

Can you give me a PM ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you a PM on your hotmail please check and reply.

Thanks
Life W/O GC and HiBabu,

Are the RI you guys for real or was that the result of the PERM office not talking to D-BEC? And if the RI is real, are you guys planning on using the same recruitment results that you got for the PERM process?

I have no idea of whats going on with my PERM conversion case. My lawyers won't disclose anything to me.

Life W/O GC and HiBabu,

Are the RI you guys for real or was that the result of the PERM office not talking to D-BEC? And if the RI is real, are you guys planning on using the same recruitment results that you got for the PERM process?

I have no idea of whats going on with my PERM conversion case. My lawyers won't disclose anything to me.

It is real RI from DBEC. We know for sure the PERM offices are not talking to the BECs in any form. We are going to go ahead and do the recruitment efforts and pursue the DBEC case. I am worried that the conversion case might come in the way and screw up. Please post any infromation you get from the lawyer.

Hi,

My case is a conversion one from baklog to PERM since Jan 2006. I got 45-day letter about 2-3 months ago. I checked my backlog case online, and it was under "In Process" back then about 2 weeks ago. I just checked it again last friday, and it's now under "Withdrawn" Also my lawyer just received the withdraw letter today.

I wonder if this is normal? Why would they withdraw my backlog case? But my PERM case (conversion from backlog to PERM) is still under "In Process".

Please anyone have any ideas about this?

Thank you.

Hi Cerruti,

Is your case certified?

Hi, all,

I suddenly fell into a desperate situation and need your advice.

My case is RIR, received 45 day letter on 11/2005, and nothing has happened--at least to me. Last week, a new person in hr dept who's in charge of my application found out that my case has been withdrawn since 6/2006 for no reason (that's what hr people told me but I am not sure if I should believe them). Anyway, hr people said to me that they would try to reinstate my case, keeping PD. My question is, assuming that it wasn't the hr's fault,

1. Is it possible to reinstate my case and keep the original PD?
2. Is it possible to refile for PERM?
3. If so, do you recommend to convert to PERM?

By reading thru the postings, it looks like PERM is not so fast than expected. Do you have any idea about usual processing time for PERM?

Since some PERM conversion folks had their job listed on ajb, I looked up the ajb and did find a couple of jobs which kind of matched. Also, these jobs had a 05220 number attached to it, so I am pretty sure these were posted by D-BEC or DOL.
My question is: How do I decipher this 05220XXXX number? Is these some logic to it? Is there a way to knoe which 0522 number belongs to my file, if at all...

Since some PERM conversion folks had their job listed on ajb, I looked up the ajb and did find a couple of jobs which kind of matched. Also, these jobs had a 05220 number attached to it, so I am pretty sure these were posted by D-BEC or DOL.
My question is: How do I decipher this 05220XXXX number? Is these some logic to it? Is there a way to knoe which 0522 number belongs to my file, if at all...

Find with your last digits like D-05173-XXXXX. I did search with my job description and it worked.

thanks,
H1Babu

H1 babu,
I have the XXXXX, what next? Is there a way to find the status of PERM application using this? Please guide.

Thanks

H1 babu,
I have the XXXXX, what next? Is there a way to find the status of PERM application using this? Please guide.

Thanks

Hi spdal,

I think there is noway we can find the status of PERM application. However,

Your lawyer or HR person has an access to that system. Hope this helps.

Thanks

refiled LC

Hi h1babu and life_without_gc,

any update on u r cases ? I am in the same situation. my lawyers received recruitment notice from dallas BPC and PERM is filed in chicago, both are in processs....

-------------
PD Sep 2003
TX/EB2/NonRIR
45D letter Rd and
Replied - May 2006
PERM- Applied on 10 Oct 2006
Status - In Process

Hi h1babu and life_without_gc,

any update on u r cases ? I am in the same situation. my lawyers received recruitment notice from dallas BPC and PERM is filed in chicago, both are in processs....

-------------
PD Sep 2003
TX/EB2/NonRIR
45D letter Rd and
Replied - May 2006
PERM- Applied on 10 Oct 2006
Status - In Process

Hi,
recently I talked to my lawyer and he said I should not be following TR

case. Since I have already filed PERM. According to him I might get in trouble

at the time of 140. I don't know I am just keeping my fingers cross.

Good luck.

Hi,
recently I talked to my lawyer and he said I should not be following TR

case. Since I have already filed PERM. According to him I might get in trouble

at the time of 140. I don't know I am just keeping my fingers cross.

Good luck.
life w/o gc,

i applied for perm conversion on 1/12/2006 and have not heard anything. Did ur lawyer give u any timeline on the PERM..or do you just have to wait?
Thanks
spdal

life w/o gc,

i applied for perm conversion on 1/12/2006 and have not heard anything. Did ur lawyer give u any timeline on the PERM..or do you just have to wait?
Thanks
spdal

Hi spdal,

My lawyer told me that she already talked to somebody in DBEC that we

have PERM case pending. I really don't know how long it will take. And when

ever I call my lawyer they think we are pushing hard for no reason since they

are doing their best. Hopefully PERM will certify soon.

My case is still pending

Hey Spadal and life w/o gc,

My case is still in process. It looks like no one really know the procedures in this kind of situations. My lawyer told that they will continue the non-RIR case and leave the PERM conversion case alone.

My PERM case is also pending, and the non-RIR case is in recruitment process now. My lawyer is doing the recruitment for the non-RIR case now.

I think the non-RIR to RIR cases are flying in a flash, but the nonRIR to PERM cases are rotting somewhere.

life w/o gc, Did you ask the lawyer how can having two cases impact the I-140 in the future?

I am keeping my fingures crossed and wait to see what happens.

Thanks,
H1Babu

H1babu and Life w/o GC,

My lawyers won't tell me anything about what's going on. That's one of the whims I am subject to since I work for a "big" corporation...
I hope all this madness ends in Sept with all of us getting our RIR/Non-RIR/PERM whatever certified....

Hey Spadal and life w/o gc,

My case is still in process. It looks like no one really know the procedures in this kind of situations. My lawyer told that they will continue the non-RIR case and leave the PERM conversion case alone.

My PERM case is also pending, and the non-RIR case is in recruitment process now. My lawyer is doing the recruitment for the non-RIR case now.

I think the non-RIR to RIR cases are flying in a flash, but the nonRIR to PERM cases are rotting somewhere.

life w/o gc, Did you ask the lawyer how can having two cases impact the I-140 in the future?

I am keeping my fingures crossed and wait to see what happens.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hi H1Babu,

Actually my lawyer did not explain how its going to affect at the time of 140.

But she said once you apply for PERM your old case automatically gets

withdrawn (eventhough its not showing) therefore she is persistant to

follow PERM case. I am really confused. Just waiting to see the PERM case

getting cleared soon.

Thanks