Conversion from BEC to PERM

Did anyone receive PERM approval from Atlanta lately. I applied in Feb with no response yet after 2 months. Also does lawyer get a notification when case is approved or the status has to checked online for the latest update.

Hi spdal,

I think its a good sign if you have applied for PERM. After reading so many
posts on this thread I guess that "Withdrawn" means someone from Chicago
or atlanta PERM office is working on your case. I am not sure about this.
I hope everything goes well.

Spadal,
Here is the catch. Withdrawn means your PERM Conversion is being looked at by someone in PERM center, but you still have a problem if the applciations are not "identical" in the certifying officer's view. If it is not identical, you will loose the priority date. If it is identical, you will save a month or two.

If your case is not withdrawn and got the recruitment instructions, at least you are sure that you will keep your priority date and you will get certified 2-3 months later.

In my case, I wanted not to take the conversion risk of losing the priority date, but my stupid lawyer did not do that.

Good Luck to all!

Spadal,
Here is the catch. Withdrawn means your PERM Conversion is being looked at by someone in PERM center, but you still have a problem if the applciations are not "identical" in the certifying officer's view. If it is not identical, you will loose the priority date. If it is identical, you will save a month or two.

If your case is not withdrawn and got the recruitment instructions, at least you are sure that you will keep your priority date and you will get certified 2-3 months later.

In my case, I wanted not to take the conversion risk of losing the priority date, but my stupid lawyer did not do that.

Good Luck to all!
H1babu,
This thing sure seems too dependant on "if's and but's"....we will see what comes out of it. Thanks for the clarification though..
Good luck
spdal

PERM denied

Guys,

I have a bad news. My PERM got denied. I dont know what to do?

Lawyer is not in the office for 2 days. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

hi life_w/o_gc

I am very sorry to hear the case got denied, i think u can refile after u get the denial letter but i am not sure how it will affect the priority date....

Replied - May 2006
PERM- Applied on 10 Oct 2006
DBEC - recruit inst 3/23/07 - notified DBEC about PERM app thereafter
DBEC Status - withdrawn 4/5/07
PERM Status - In Process

Guys,

I have a bad news. My PERM got denied. I dont know what to do?

Lawyer is not in the office for 2 days. Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Life w/o GC, Very sorry to hear that. I am worried now. Did they give any reason for the denial? How did you hear about the bad news?

I dont know if you can take an appt with Rajiv Khanna and ask for appeal.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Life w/o GC, Very sorry to hear that. I am worried now. Did they give any reason for the denial? How did you hear about the bad news?

I dont know if you can take an appt with Rajiv Khanna and ask for appeal.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Hi,

My lawyer's assistant emailed me. they did give a reason something like

"alternative experience requirements". I will know lot better when she

comes back in the office. This is really frustrating.

I have heard denials for "alternative experience requirements" but lot of them were able to refile and get approval, I hope u r lawyer can fix the language and refile. did u qualify for job via primary or alternate requirement ?

Replied - May 2006
PERM Status - In Process

Sorry to hear that!!
Do you know what is "alternative experience requirement"?
I am very worried about my case too. My lawyer withdraw my case from backlog center without asking me when backlog center contact her.
Perm is my only way out. 4 months has pass.....

What is alternative experience requirements?

I have heard denials for "alternative experience requirements" but lot of them were able to refile and get approval, I hope u r lawyer can fix the language and refile. did u qualify for job via primary or alternate requirement ?

Replied - May 2006
PERM Status - In Process

Hi,

HI,
I have been a silent observer of this post for quite sometime. I understand this is frustrating for anyone who have been in this process for a very long time to find out their application is denied. Still, I would say stay positive, you will come through. You gone through hell lot of Sh** so far and fighting this denial shouldn't be an issue. I am sure you will be meticulous and do things accordingly, only thing I would suggest is stay positive :) cheer up..this denial is going to make your subsequent approval lot sweeter

Got the good news !!

Finally got the good news that my labor has been certified with the 2002 priority date. I have not seen the certified labor yet, but was informed by my lawyer today.

Good Luck all who are waiting. Thanks all for sharing each others concerns.

Finally got the good news that my labor has been certified with the 2002 priority date. I have not seen the certified labor yet, but was informed by my lawyer today.

h1babu,
congrats!!! I guess u can now directly zip thru to 140+485. Good luck!
spdal.

Glad to hear it. Congratulations :)

Replied - May 2006
PERM Status - In Process
gc1wait, life_w/o_gc

Any progress on your cases? nothing to report at my end....

Thanks

spdal

My add was posted/removed at AJB and we haven't heard anything from DBEC, not even Recruitment Instructions.
What is happening??? See my signature for details. Please somebody help...

gc1wait, life_w/o_gc

Any progress on your cases? nothing to report at my end....

Thanks

spdal

Sorry for the delay guys. Going to file motion to reopen the case, my old lawyer

was not confident to do mtr so i had to hire other well known lawyer, who

says there is only 10% chances of getting it approved even though its

the problem of ETA Form.

Thats my update.

Hi,

Finally the worst day has come! My TR-LC status shows "Withdrawn" today (05/03/07). We filed for TR-LC to PERM on 12/28/06. Did advertisement for TR-LC and it was just couple of weeks away for certification. Now I am very much nerveous. I didn't want PERM process to pickup my application. My lawer didn't want to withdraw PERM.
------------------------------
TR-LC EB2 : 10/02/2003
PERM conv : 12/28/2006
AJB Ad on : 03/06/2007
RI recvd : 03/13/2007
Recruitment period: 03/22/2007 to 04/23/2007
RRI recvd : 05/02/2007
TR-LC status : withdrawn (05/03/2007)
PERM status : don't know

Filled TR to Perm on 12/28/06
D-backlog:Withdraw
Secared.
I found there is more chance to deny in perm refilled.