Contractual job

sVirgo

Registered Users (C)
Can I do a contractual job on EAD. I am recently laid off, and I got this contractual job. The offer letter says that this is a temporary job, though my job description is the same.

I will get W2 but on hourly rate with no benefits.

Is it a valid letter, if in case USCIS ask for proof of job before adjudicating my case.

Thank you!

----

Can I do a contractual job on EAD. I am recently laid off, and I got this contractual job. The offer letter says that this is a temporary job, though my job description is the same.
----------------you cant use this temporary job letter for AC21

Is it a valid letter, if in case USCIS ask for proof of job before adjudicating my case.

Thank you!

----

-----------------------for approval of I-485 USCIS will need Permanent job offer letter from your employer

Thank you!

So, I should keep looking.

- you need Permanent job offer letter to invoke AC21 or I-485 to be approved. if the present employer is not ready to give you permanent job offer letter look for other employer who is ready to give you Permanent job OFFER letter with same/similar job duties

Thank you!

----

This won't work as it stands. It might work if they are ready to give you an offer letter stating that they will hire you on an hourly basis permanently. If the letter specified a contract period, say six months or a year, then it won't work.

I got it changed to full time permanent employee and also on Salary. They agreed. Now they have to pay less to me.

Thank you all of you for great help.