Continuous residence requirements-question

Ssm2183

I am LPR since 2009 and obtained LRP through employment via one of the extraordinary abilities categories. I am considering applying for naturalization in June 2021. I will have more than 1200 days of physical presence in the last 5 years by then. However, due to multiple personal and work short trips varying between 5 to 80 days, I spent around 500 days outside of the US between June 2016 and June 2018. None of the trips was longer than 80 days. Would these multiple short trips jeopardize my continuous presence requirements for that period? I always was employed in the US, owned a house in the US and paid taxes in the US during the period. Thank you in advance for advice.

That's a lot of trips. You were out for 500 days out of 730 days? Was it to the same country every time? I guess if you were employed in the US, you should be fairly safe, but they could question you a lot. As I always say, if you have no urgent need for citizenship, and you don't intend to have a similarly problematic travel schedule in the next couple of years, it might be safer to wait.

Thank you, cafeconleche. Yes, I was out 500 out of 730 days. No, all trips were not to the same country, and most of the trips were not to the country I was born/am a citizen of. I am employed in the US and have been employed here for many years with same employer.

Ok. Well, some will tell you to go ahead and apply, and I expect your chances of running into trouble are not high, BUT I think they do exist. To be safe, wait, but you can also wait until someone else comments here and gives you encouragement with their own similar and successful experience.