Continuing Chennai Feb Interview thread

Santha

Whatever address is mentioned in the covering letter of P3.
My attorney sent the P3 not me, thats why they got it.

looks good

Just a small correction on 2 ("at" not needed). Also, you can combine Application fees as one draft for all members.

140 filed on Jan 23rd in Nebraska CP

Guys, I am kinda new to all this. Please help me around here. How long will it take to get a interview in Chennai. Can anything be done here within the mean time.

Me and my attorney both got appointment letter

In my case my attorney received appointment letter on Monday and Tuesday I reiceved the same letter at home..I am surprised that they sent two letters..

Leaving on the 9th for Feb 15th interview.

Will reach Chennai on 11th at 8:30 AM.
Palnning to do Lister on teh 11th. Do they accept walk-ins after 10:30AM
Scheduled appontment with Dr. Raj Kumar for the 12th at 10:30 AM
Booked New Woodlands.

Anybody with similar or almost similar time line, Please post.

--feb15chennai

Interview on 14th Feb.

Leaving on 8th Feb from Chicago, Lister on 11th, medical with Dr.Vij
on 11th evening, planning to stay at Hotel President.

congrats and all the best

When did you send your packet 3 and when did you got your appointment. Just to compare with my case. I have sent my packet-3 in dec 1 st week. I have been calling Madras almost every week.
They haven\'t scheduled my appointment date yet. Just wondering .. how long does it usually takes.

Thx

DespoGCWaiting, you can expect interview in March.

If your packet is reached Chennai before 20 December, they schedule
your interview for March. You will probably hear it in next 7 to 10
days.

Best.

What is the best way to carry money.

Is traveller checks in Dollars best way? Is it easy to cash them in
Chennai. Any suggestions, please.

Thank you.

Best way to Carry money!

Some of the options are
1. www.c2it.com, they charge a 15$ flat fee for transfer of money. There is also a discount of 10$ first time you transfer money.
2. If you open a citibank account you transfer through that.
3. You can carry cash and change it in thomas cook or other travels.

I think third option would be the best as you get a good rate for your dollar.

C2it is giving like 45 something, from what I checked in the net you can get a better rate when you exchange cash

Can anyone in india tell, the going rate for a dollar. Is there any difficulty in transferring the American express Travellers cheque to cash?

Thank you in advance.

TC or bank transactions is safest

TCs are accepted at most nationalized banks approved to handle foreign exchange. Make sure you carry your issuing reciept and passport though.

The easier option is to transfer the money to an NRE account (if you have one) and issue the drafts from the same bank (drafts need not be issued from Chennai). If you bank with ICICI, you can get the drafts issued at any branch. Not sure if this is possiblt with others though. The exchange rates are usually pretty close to what you can get at any legal exchange agency.

Ofcourse, you can carry cash if you are the brave kind and don\'t mind hauling the cash around :)

Interview on 15th Feb

Leaving from Chicago on 8th. Will reach Chennai on 11th afternoon. Planning on staying at President or Grand Orient. Lister and Dr. V on the 12th

we too

we too reaching there on 11th early in the morning, booked in new woodlands. For lister lab u can walkin before noon.
scheduled oppoinment with doctor on 12th.

DrV and lister are open on saturday and directions to Dr.V

I completed my lab and medicals last saturday with a bunch of folks.
Directions to Dr.V\'s Padma Nursing Home: On Poonamalle High Road, tell the driver(auto/taxi) that the nursing home is opposite Pacchaipas college. That is a landmark that they should know.
WHen you go past Pacchaipas, you will see a board on the RHS for Padma Nursing Home. It is not on the main road, you will have to take a side street which is right next to the board.
For lister labs: On Nungambakkam High Road, go past the Taj Corammandel and you will have to make a left after that into a residential neighbourhood. Then take the last right on this street, before you get to a sort of T junction. You will be making a right onto Jagannathan Road and you will see Lister on your right. There are road signs with the names of the streets.

For a little bit of convenience in Madras..

Folks, for those who dont mind spending a bit more to avoid the auto driver haggling hassle: Hire a taxi for the entire day, gives you more flexibility and convenience. I hired a taxi for the whole day on saturday and was able to fly in saturday morning, have a taxi driver guy waiting for me at the airport with a placard :) complete my lab/medicals. While waiting for my lab reports I visited the beach for an hour, went to spencers plaza for a bit of shopping, visited a relative and was able to fly back saturday evening to Hyd. The taxi cost me 900Rs for the day.. and if you do the calc