Continuing Chennai Feb Interview thread

Phone no for Konica labs.

Please post phone no for Konica labs in Chennai for immi style photos. Also, where is it located.

Thanks

Police Clearance from Local Authorities

Friends,

Did anyone check with Chennai consulate if the PCC from Indian Consulate in U.S is good or if we should get one from local authorities in India.

Thanks

not required

I got a reply back from chennai saying that if you are residing in US,no local pcc reqd.
PCC from consulate in US is sufficient.

bringing it to the top

Hi all
Hope everyone is busy preparing or done preparing for their interview.
Good luck to all Feb Chennai CP\'ers.

Mine scheduled for Feb 26

Sujatha

gcappl, dd should be made payable to blue dart express

I saw one posting that says you can even pay cash at the counter.

Chennai hotels

Can someone post phone number of hotel Ramada. Also, anyone planning on staying at President or Grand Orient and any reviews about these hotels?

Consulate Fees question - How much ??

Hello all
What is the latest information on the fees amount that we have to pay to the Consulate. I know that we need to take 2 DDs per applicant. Is the amount fixed for February interviews. Please post the amounts if you know. I have the phone no: for automated xchange rate. Its
811 2000 X.3440 for automated exchange rate.

Thanks
Sujatha

Fellow CP\'ers please verify this fees info for accuracy

Hello all
I found this info from the Chennai consulate website. Please let me know if this is up to date and this is the correct amount for Feb interviews. Of the 5 amounts listed , we need to take DDs only for the
Application Fee Rs.12,740

Issuance Fee Rs.3,185.

Am i correct?

Thanks
Sujatha

From Chennai consulate site:
All fees must be paid by demand draft only, payable to the American Consulate General, at Chennai.
Consular fees will be accepted by way of demand drafts issued by Nationalized and foreign banks only. Demand drafts from cooperative banks will no longer be accepted for consular fees.
Separate demand drafts are necessary for the application and issuance fees. Your name, case number and passport number must be included on the reverse of the demand draft. Demand drafts without this information will not be accepted.

Application Fee Rs.12,740

Issuance Fee Rs.3,185

Diversity Visa Surcharge Rs.3,675

Returning Resident Visa Application Rs.2,450

Transportation Letter Rs.5,880

Did anybody called New Woodalnds

I am planning to stay in new Woodalnds. But, I cannot reach their phone number (44-827 3111). Is there any web site, where I can book the hotel online. Anybody called and booked New Woodalnds.

Thanks
chennaifeb15

Packet 4 Recevied in US for Feb Interview

My attorney received packet 4 today and he is sending it to me so that I can have it before I leave for interview..

GCMichigan -

I thought Chennai did not send P4 to U.S addresses, just appointment letters.

Thanks
Sujatha

Has anyone received Appt. letter at U.S address?

Feb CP\'ers
Has anyone received Appt. letter at U.S address for Feb interview ?

Sujatha

Immigrant Fees and Draft Information.

Friends,

Attached is a document with Fees/Expenses and Information on Drafts to be taken.

I thought I would share with you, Let me know if anything needs to be corrected.

svreddi

You are right..I got only appointment letter

I am sorry for the confusion..I got appointment letter today..It indicates case number name, dependents and also states the requirement of original I-140 approval letter and compy of I-140 application..and other standard verbage...

Recd appointment letter yesterday. No P4

Hi all
Recd appointment letter yesterday. No Packet 4.?Just the letter.
Svreddi
The fees information you have posted matches with my earlier post. But i have not recd any comments from any fellow CP-ers about it.

Thanks
Sujatha

GC Despo,

Where do they actually send the appointment letter? Do they send it to
my attorney or to my US address?

THank you.