Consular Processing in Islamabad Pakistan

faranianq

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,
Priority dates for EB3 have moved up substantially.
Would anyone care to share the recent experience in Islamabad Consulate Pakistan.
I have heared (no confirmation) that it is taking years and years to get name/background check cleared now.
If thats the case, should one think to transfer case from Consular processing to AOS.
Thanks.
faranianq

Hello Everyone,
Priority dates for EB3 have moved up substantially.
Would anyone care to share the recent experience in Islamabad Consulate Pakistan.
I have heared (no confirmation) that it is taking years and years to get name/background check cleared now.
If thats the case, should one think to transfer case from Consular processing to AOS.
Thanks.
faranianq
Dear faranianq
When was your file forwarded to NVC and when did your PD became current.
I will also do counsal process in Islamabad fro FB1 category.
Thanks

600 Days Have Been Passed and Still Waiting .....

I am also the BAY-CHARA Victim of so called Administrative Process, Security Clearance. I had my successful IV interview 20 months back and still waiting for security clearance to be complete.

Dear faranianq
When was your file forwarded to NVC and when did your PD became current.
I will also do counsal process in Islamabad fro FB1 category.
Thanks

Hello xerostomic,
My file was forwarded to NVC last year in June 2007 when every one was current for a month or two.
Then dates moved back and my case stoped at NVC.
My priority date become current in May 2008 bulliton.

If priority dates are current. Consulor processing moves pretty fast as compared to AOS.

My concern is that if after interview we get stuck in administrative process/name check... then that will be a never ending wait.

Thanks.
faranianq

I am also the BAY-CHARA Victim of so called Administrative Process, Security Clearance. I had my successful IV interview 20 months back and still waiting for security clearance to be complete.

Hello chinchinchu,

I have heard a new regulation just passed few weeks ago. That if your priority date is current and your case is stuck in administrative process. You should get your green card after a wait of 6 months.
Your wait period is obviously way over 6 months.
If your date is current why don't you pursue as per this new regulation.
Thanks.
faranianq

IMPORTANT NOTE:
ofcourse, this is my personal opinion and i am not a lawyer or immigration professional. You may consult with your lawyer for professional opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello chinchinchu,

I have heard a new regulation just passed few weeks ago. That if your priority date is current and your case is stuck in administrative process. You should get your green card after a wait of 6 months.
Your wait period is obviously way over 6 months.
If your date is current why don't you pursue as per this new regulation.
Thanks.
faranianq

IMPORTANT NOTE:
ofcourse, this is my personal opinion and i am not a lawyer or immigration professional. You may consult with your lawyer for professional opinion.

This law applies only to adjustment of status cases, not counslar processing

So What Next....

When should i expect the administrative process to be complete. i have used all the sources (eg: Congressman Appeal), but no response by the Islamabad Office. 20 Months have gone and still counting ................. Its Seems that i have to wait for another ????????????????????????????????? Years.

Suggest me guys, what should i do.................... ?:confused::confused::

hello chinchincho,
This is a scary situation. Honestly I don't know what you could do. Unless Consolate gives you clearance, you have to wait.

May be someone else who have been in this situation can guide you better.
Thanks.
faranianq

i also wait in pakistan about 20 months

i got passport and visa packet today
jan2009 thanks

i

So What Next....

When should i expect the administrative process to be complete. i have used all the sources (eg: Congressman Appeal), but no response by the Islamabad Office. 20 Months have gone and still counting ................. Its Seems that i have to wait for another ????????????????????????????????? Years.

Suggest me guys, what should i do.................... ?:confused::confused::

i also wait about 21 months and no response in islamamabad embassy and steel wait i have no idea how long more wait

my email. i.d is kismat75900@yahoo.com plz reply me

Last edited by a moderator:
if someone who is present in USA is waiting in consular processing queue and his priority date is current. He has the option to change his processing from consular processing to I-485. (I was able to do this).
In my opinion at this time its best to take I-485 path. One will get EAD within 6 months.
Please discuss your case with an experienced immigration lawyer before making any decision.

Security Check in Islamabad

My brother's wife's file has just moved to Islamabad from NVC. He got married after getting his GC so his wife is family based category(no option to do AOS).
Do females also go through the lengthy security checks as males do?

I would say the average wait for a female from Pakistan may be 2-3 months.
These checks are usually requested by the consul after the interview in most cases.

On average how long a wait a female can expect for an immigrant visa?
Do they do these checks before calling for the interview?

How long does it take NVC to transfer file to Islamabad?? I just learnt from my brother that the message on the NVC has been updated that file is complete.