Consular Processing Dhaka

bashar82

Registered Users (C)
My father had his interview in September 07. Couldn't issue a visa due to the necessity for additional administrative processing. I honestly thought that his case had fallen in the immigration bureaucratic black hole and was expecting the worse--3 plus years and no decision on his application.

Last week, my father received a call from the Embassy. They want him to submit his passport today.

Assuming he gets his visa, his background checks took 6.5 months. A lot better than my experience with immigration. I had to sue get my background check completed.

Congrats!!!
Applicant's age also plays a part in the background check. Thus your father's background check took less time than yours.

Assuming he gets his visa, his background checks took 6.5 months. A lot better than my experience with immigration. I had to sue get my background check completed.

Bad news. My father appeared on 10th April and after waiting 5.5 hours was asked to return on the 13th April. After waiting 2 hours his passport was returned and was told that additional administrative processing was required.
Why waste an old man's time like that? That information could easily have been told to him over the phone, by email and/or post.