Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Approved

Get the "Card Ordered" e-mail this morning.

No update last night. Very surprised to see four e-mail from USCIS in the inbox.

My application has been pending since Jan 2007. My PD just get current in March.

It is indeed abuse. They are asking for my all my IAP-66 for J-1 visas. My first one was 15 years ago. Do they really believe people keep those documents that long? Are there any legal requirement for us to keep them when we actually submit a copy of it to the INS agent at the airport?

I contacted everyone, from Homeland Security to State Department and my previous sponsors. They are all saying that nobody keeps those things around that long. ... They got to be on something at NSC ....

Someone gotta scan one of these RFEs and upload it to immigration voice at least so other people can do something about it.

GOD bless America

I do not see any pre-adjudication or approvals for cases whose PD's are not current, even if they qualify for the "FBI over 180 days" rule.

My PD is Dec 2 2002, EB2 from India, 485 filed in May 2007 at NSC. FBI Security checks pending for more than 180 days. NSC claims they are processing July 30 2007 cases. No updates on my case.

As per rumours, Even if DOS makes my PD current in April, I am sure nothing will turn out from USCIS. If in April Bulletin, as predicted by some in the forum, if the EB2 cutoff date moves to Dec 2003, there will be lot of cases that qualify and USCIS will not be able to take the workload in one month. They do not have the process of pre-adjudicating. USCIS did not work on any cases in the past saying that FBI Check is pending or Visa number not available. Now USCIS is not pre-adjudicating any cases until a visa number is available. It is just processing the 47K cases whose PD'S are current now. If they are unable to work on the cases or do not feel like, they are issuing ridiculous RFE'S like paystubs from 10 yrs, I-94 cards from all years etc.

GOD bless America

Any one from INDIA EB2 seen any updates to their cases after the new memo regarding FBI name check since visa is currently unavailable. My priority date is June 2002 and I-485 received date is Nov 3, 2006 and been stuck in name check.

Thanks.

What is your signature details?

Congrates.
Please post your signature details

Get the "Card Ordered" e-mail this morning.

No update last night. Very surprised to see four e-mail from USCIS in the inbox.

My application has been pending since Jan 2007. My PD just get current in March.

Card Production ordered

I was using this forum for longer time.

I just got email for my husband and me for "Card Production Ordered"

Nelsona, I have always seen you around and congratulations - u r not more languishing in lincoln

my details are

Priority date: 12th april 2001 - substituition
485 filing date: 3rd october 2006
namecheck - stuck i guess
approved date: 3rd march 2008::D:D:D:D

Congrats ! Were you called for second time Finger Printing ?

I was using this forum for longer time.

I just got email for my husband and me for "Card Production Ordered"

Nelsona, I have always seen you around and congratulations - u r not more languishing in lincoln

my details are

Priority date: 12th april 2001 - substituition
485 filing date: 3rd october 2006
namecheck - stuck i guess
approved date: 3rd march 2008::D:D:D:D

Folks ! Just don't disappear from the forum after getting approval

Just hang around for a week to answer questions from those waiting.
I promise to do the same when my turn comes.

It looks like people don't get second FP anymore. I saw a number of approvals on trackitt.com, where people had old FP (>1.5 years). I got RFE without second FP notice, even though my FP is >18 months old.

Just hang around for a week to answer questions from those waiting.
I promise to do the same when my turn comes.

Thanks for the info

It looks like people don't get second FP anymore. I saw a number of approvals on trackitt.com, where people had old FP (>1.5 years). I got RFE without second FP notice, even though my FP is >18 months old.

I hope both service centers are following this policy.

My time lines

PD Sep 2003
EB2 China
I-485 RD Jan 2007
I-485 AD March 4, 2008

Still waiting for the card

on fingerprinting etc.

talked to nebraska service center this morning. the guy said i don't need to do any further FP or biometrics, as they collected "digital images" in aug 2006.

on eb2 india visa dates, he thought it would have a cut off date in oct 2008. he didn't know anything about april vb and eb2 india expectations/rumors!

on RFEs, he said newer people are taking a look at the older applications to approve. so there could be more/newer RFEs, but not always.

on pre-adjudication, he said nothing is completely pre-adjudicated unless visa dates are current.

on RFEs, he said newer people are taking a look at the older applications to approve. so there could be more/newer RFEs, but not always.

on pre-adjudication, he said nothing is completely pre-adjudicated unless visa dates are current.

More RFEs??? Newer people looking at older applications??? :eek:These are all bad news. :(
The whole idea of preadjudication was to review the case under retrogression to make sure that it can be approved when the PD will be current.
I do not think that they have time to review old applications once again.

More RFEs??? Newer people looking at older applications??? :eek:These are all bad news. :(
The whole idea of preadjudication was to review the case under retrogression to make sure that it can be approved when the PD will be current.

I think RFEs asking for copies of 10 year old documents ( and that too some of them, documents issued by INS->BCIS->USCIS ) might be coming from these new-bee nutcases.

Extended review, NSC says doesn't qualify under the new memo

I received response through Congressional liaison, which essentially states that NSC thinks that new memo doesn't apply to me as there are unresolved issues and requires thorough review before a decision can me made. No time line as to when this review will be complete.

"Background checks involve more than just the initial submission of and response related to biographical information and fingerprints."The
Inquiry may include an additional interview and/or the need to contact another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. If it is determined that an outside agency possesses relevant information about a case, USCIS requests such information for review. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS then adjudicate the application as expeditiously as possible."

I have already taken an InfoPass after March 10 and let see what I find there. I had been told in different phone calls, under extended review, eligible under new memo, wait until Apr. 30, 2008, pending security checks.
I am inclined to think this is just another of useless responses. Anyone had similar response through congressional liaison regarding NC-memo-eligbile case?

i would take his words with a grain of salt. i don't think it's a generalized policy for all the cases. for me the most important thing to learn was that if your biometrics are collected digitally you may not need to do them again, again if you believe him:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cards received

Both my wife and I got two e-mails each from CRIS this morning with this status:

"Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident."

I called the CIS customer service last October 2007 and then again in January 2008 to ask about the status of my application. During the Jan-2008 call I asked to speak to an IO and was transferred one who refused give her number. The "IO" told me that something was holding my application even though I was already 4-5 months outside of their published processing time. A few days later, I received the dreaded e-mail with this line "We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case." It felt like the carpet was yanked from under my feet.

My wife called CIS customer service last week to ask about her I-485. All of a sudden, the e-mails this morning.

We don't know what caused the movement of our cases, whether the phone calls or the recent memo about the approvability of cases pending security check for more than 180 days.

But anyway, hang in there. All the best.

New updates.

We got the above set of e-mails for "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." on 28-FEB-2008.

We got another set of e-mails on 05-MAR-2008 for "Approval notice sent."

And we got the cards and the welcome notices in the mail on 07-MAR-2008 in 5 separates envelopes all arriving at the same time.

(Also received the approved EAD -- wasted $340+, applied in JAN-2008 when we did not have a clue when our GC will be approved -- for wife yesterday, 12-MAR-2008).

That last one is a (bitter) laughter for us.

No information about background check

I called NSC today, and the officer was nice. She told be my background check is not clear, although my FBI namecheck has cleared quite a while ago. Earlier they used to blame FBI for name check backlog, and now background check. Any idea what this background check is comosed of and how long it takes.

The irony is, when I called last month, they told that everything is set to go and my case is assigned to an officer. Now this damn background check! Anyone in the same boat?

I think background check and name check are one and the same thing. They are just giving you the standard run around.
I called NSC today, and the officer was nice. She told be my background check is not clear, although my FBI namecheck has cleared quite a while ago. Earlier they used to blame FBI for name check backlog, and now background check. Any idea what this background check is comosed of and how long it takes.

The irony is, when I called last month, they told that everything is set to go and my case is assigned to an officer. Now this damn background check! Anyone in the same boat?