Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I am also in same situation. Two months back I was told that my name check is cleared and it is waiting to be assigned to an officer for final review. My processing date is current from last 2 weeks and as of yesterday there is no update to my case. Is there a way to expedite the process?

Called Nebraska and learned from a nice lady that my NC has recently been cleared. She also said: The case status is: waiting to be assigned to an officer. Given that my processing date has passed already (she made a comment this fact may speed it up a little).

My question: How long does it USUALLY take between NC clearance and "Card Productin Ordered" email, given they don't ask for anything else?
Thanks

EB2 visa availibility

I talked to IO today . She mentioned that in my category visa are availble and may not be availble, as they work with alotted number of visas assigned.

Does visa bulletin reflects the accurate status of the visa avaiable for the category? I am very much confuse with the IO statement?

any opinion about it?

zgubi, I think FP is valid for 18 months after that they request new one.

I was never retrogressed, my dates were always current since I filled I-485.

Do you think they'll ask me to do another FP? I did my first on 12/28/2006.

Also were you retrogressed at all?

Called Nebraska again

The sharp lady that answered noticed that my CASE IS IN THE WRONG AREA, waiting for the second FP notice to be issue, when I have another 2.5 months with my old fingerprints, and when there is a VISA available for my category. She said she would send an email (don't know to whom, an officer) and point this out...

Has anyone had similar experiences with them emailing the officer? Does that usually happen quickly?

More frustration...

thanks

response below in red

The sharp lady that answered noticed that my CASE IS IN THE WRONG AREA, waiting for the second FP notice to be issue, when I have another 2.5 months with my old fingerprints, and when there is a VISA available for my category. She said she would send an email (don't know to whom, an officer) and point this out...

Has anyone had similar experiences with them emailing the officer? Does that usually happen quickly?
Yes, emailing happens immediatly, Generally right then when you are on call or immediately after that. In my case when my case was approved I called that I received approval notice but my online message was still showing pending, Lady office looked into my file and told me that my wife's card was ordered but mine was not ordered and that she will send an email (I think to the IO who was working on my case), same evening online message was charnged to card production ordered, that means she sent that email immediately
More frustration...

thanks

485 - RFE - Birth Certificate (India)

Hi,

They refused to use the Birth Certificate given by Indian Consulate. So got RFE again.

Problem is in India (North) they won't add the name of the child on birth certificate if its not been done with-in 15 years of the birth.

So basically got birth certificate with parents name , date of birth , gender but no name of child.

Now if we do the affidavit from Parents & uncle/aunt + do the school certificate - will Nebraska office accept it.

I got the letter from municipality stating they can't add the name based on such-an-such law.

Please help!

I-485 Application Lost at NSC

My case took another bad turn this week.
Now that namecheck and biometrics have been taken care of, I called to find out what has been holding up my case.
I was told that they cannot locate my application and I will receive a 'Duplicate Filing Notice' in a week. I am supposed to send in another application with filing proof from the original application.
Did anybody have similar experience?
Would I be able to use my original Receipt Date?
It looks like my application was lost in transfer from VSC to NSC

sorry... me stupid, but what is POJ and how to access it.... in what circumstances i can access POJ. thnx in advance.

Updating my status, Is there anybody with similar status ?

3rd EAD received today.

RIR EB3 India
2ND EAD March 3, 2007
2ND AP October 17, 2007
PD Feb 6, 2002

Dial (800) 375 – 5283
Select 1
Select 2
Select 2
Select 6
Select 1
Enter the number xxxxxxxxx
Select 1
Select 3
Select 4
Tell them that you are calling to check the status of your background check.

sorry... me stupid, but what is POJ and how to access it.... in what circumstances i can access POJ. thnx in advance.

Update SN4GC with I-140 priority date correction

SN4GC,

I want to update you with regard to I-140 PD error correction, as we discussed months ago.

The priority date error on my I-140 approval notice has been corrected on 01/30/2008, and I received the new approval copy on 02/04/2008. This is about 2 months after the initial attempt by my attorney to request such a correction. She tried 5 requests via faxes and Amendment via mail. I also sent 4 faxes, as well as contacted Congressman. I don't know which one eventually caused the correction to happen.

I hope the similar error on your I-140 priority date gets corrected in a timed fashion.

Good luck.

WaitingHoping.

namecheck not required for 485 processing if it's pending for more than 6 mo.

Can anybody independently confirm this news? lazycis posted this news on the namecheck page :
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=516

see the attacment toward the end for Michael Aytes memo dated Feb 4, 2008.

If this's true this would be a great news!! Please confirm this with your lawyers/aila people. Good luck to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI name check not required for I 485 pending more than 180 days

This is great news for GC applicants and is a new hope for all waiting for name check clearance.
This forum has really been really helpful to all. God Bless Rajiv Khanna for starting such an effort for informing and communicating on this forum.
Suresh

Can anybody independently confirm this news? If this's true this would be a great news!! Please confirm this with your lawyers/aila people. Good luck to all!

I've just forwarded this to my lawyer, let's see what she answered. Will update.

It's the best immigration news we could imagine.