Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Received my welcome email same day evening. The card should come in a few days now. Finally....the wait is over.

One quick question though. Would anyone know if I can travel out of the country before I receive my card. I know once the 485 is approved, all other statuses are invalidated. So can I travel out of country, or do I need to wait to receive the card.

Thank you very much.

Please wait for 7 days and then Travel as you need the GC or the AParole to enter back.

Online EAD APPLICATIOn

I tried to complete the EAD application online, in the last part it gives an option saying i agree to send the relevant document by mail.

There is a bold line saying if you do not provide all info which is listed in the instruction your approval may be delayed or denied."

I do not see any instruction or list of documetns which i need to send. Can someone help here pelase. I really appreciate that.
thanks

I tried to complete the EAD application online, in the last part it gives an option saying i agree to send the relevant document by mail.

There is a bold line saying if you do not provide all info which is listed in the instruction your approval may be delayed or denied."

I do not see any instruction or list of documetns which i need to send. Can someone help here pelase. I really appreciate that.
thanks

Do you apply for renew? if so, you need to mail a copy of your original EAD approval notic and the EAD card you have (front/back). If you apply first time, you need to mail the original I-140 approval (keep copy for your file).
Good luck! (don't forget to pay the fee $340).

What does a REF imply?

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I received an e-mail from USCIS requesting for additional information (RFE) for my wife, but I do not know the content yet. Since I'm the primary applicant and she is the dependent, doe the RFE imply the name checking has been cleared for both of us? I heard a RFE could not be sent out unless the whole family package is assigned to an IO and background checking has been cleared. Is that true?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally.......Finally.....After a Decade Plus .. Got my GC

Got my GC today in mail. My wife and son also got it.
Approved on 28th December 2007.
Nebraska
PD:June 2001.
RD:June 28 2007.

Hope this endless wait ends for every one.
Happy New Year.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

thanks

A couple of passport photographs.

Please post the following information:

User name - always_missing
Priority Date - Nov, 2007
Retrogressed N
EB-2
I-140 July 2006, RFE Feb 2007, replied May 2007.
I-140 Oct 2007
I-485 July 2007
LIN number (LIN-06226-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date - ??
Finger Print Appointment Date - Oct 2006
I-485 Nov 2007

after 5 years GC was approved

dono77in,

I am guessing based on my case and might not be correct. I-485 RFE is good which indicates your BC was completed.

I guess I-485 processing would be in withheld until I-140 was approved.

If RFE is for Employer Verification Letter and he/she's with same Employer, it is like a done deal. Spell mistakes in the certificates also minor, if RFE was replied by professional law firm or good attorney.

I got RFE for EVL a day after my I-140 was approved, My GC was approved after one week of RFE reply.

Wish you happy new year.

Request For Evidence (RFE)

might be true

The experience with my case reveals thst your assumption might be correct.

I got RFE following day of I-140 approval and GC was approved in one week after RFE reply.

I think RFE would be issued, if IO could able to approve the case, if satisfactory reply is received.

Hopefully that your case will get approval soon.

Wish you a happy new year.

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I received an e-mail from USCIS requesting for additional information (RFE) for my wife, but I do not know the content yet. Since I'm the primary applicant and she is the dependent, doe the RFE imply the name checking has been cleared for both of us? I heard a RFE could not be sent out unless the whole family package is assigned to an IO and background checking has been cleared. Is that true?

Thanks,

Seems that 140 has been corrected

I recieved a forwared email from Congressman to whom I requested to check my status. The email says that " My case is 2nd preference with a priority dates of 5-4-06.It appears from the Visa bulletin for Dec'07 , that for India, Visa's are available for those 2nd preference cases with a Priority date of 1-1-02".

5-4-06 is my I485 Priority date and where as my labor priority date is 06-03-2002. I am really confused with this mail. I dunno if USCIS is considering my 485 PD as labor PD. If that is the case I am screwed up..and have to keep buzzing this USCIS.

Do any one of you any idea on this and faced with similar situation ??

SN

SN4GC:
Thanks for your advice on phone. It seems that my lawyear worked hard and, today at 10:45 am I got an email saying that 140 is approved. They put a Pd of 2006 instead of 2004 on my 140. I need to see it to believe that they have corrected, but the crs email has raised my hopes. Hope all of you who are victims of wrong 140 priority dates gets things straightened out soon.

Great news please update your status

Congrats,

Can you please post your Country of Origin and RIR category ?

Thanks
D.

Got my GC today in mail. My wife and son also got it.
Approved on 28th December 2007.
Nebraska
PD:June 2001.
RD:June 28 2007.

Hope this endless wait ends for every one.
Happy New Year.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Not sure it happens that way, I had RFE on 485 for missing medical, which they have recieved on Nov 28 2007 then I saw couple LUD on my 485 and nothing after dec 5

Could be, till the PD is not current they keep in waiting list just guessing after not seeing any activity for over 40 days on my case.

may be BC is clear i guess.

EB2 PD Aug 2003, RD 06/18/2007

dono77in,

I am guessing based on my case and might not be correct. I-485 RFE is good which indicates your BC was completed.

I guess I-485 processing would be in withheld until I-140 was approved.

If RFE is for Employer Verification Letter and he/she's with same Employer, it is like a done deal. Spell mistakes in the certificates also minor, if RFE was replied by professional law firm or good attorney.

I got RFE for EVL a day after my I-140 was approved, My GC was approved after one week of RFE reply.

Wish you happy new year.

The experience with my case reveals thst your assumption might be correct.

I got RFE following day of I-140 approval and GC was approved in one week after RFE reply.

I think RFE would be issued, if IO could able to approve the case, if satisfactory reply is received.

Hopefully that your case will get approval soon.

Wish you a happy new year.

That's good..Congratulations ...Your case correction raises our hopes.

SN4GC

SN4GC:
Thanks for your advice on phone. It seems that my lawyear worked hard and, today at 10:45 am I got an email saying that 140 is approved. They put a Pd of 2006 instead of 2004 on my 140. I need to see it to believe that they have corrected, but the crs email has raised my hopes. Hope all of you who are victims of wrong 140 priority dates gets things straightened out soon.

I finally got a biometrics appointment on Jan3 2008, which I completed on 12/19/07 ahead of time along with my wife and both of us got LUD I-485 on 12/20
I called NSC today and they tell me that my namecheck was done on 12/13/07 but they never got my biometrics. They say that they will send me another appointment. Anybody had similar experience?
My wife got a biometrics appointment and I did not.
So, I called again to find out and I was told that my name check is not complete. She claims I was given incorrect information couple of days ago.
Don't know who to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

That's good..Congratulations ...Your case correction raises our hopes.

SN4GC

Sn4gc:
Thanks for your good wishes. I have not seen the hard copy yet. Hope they have done the thing correctly this time, and have not introduced any more errors.

My next question is, does anybody knows how to update my 485 file(whicg is by the way as per Neb SC, is sitting on a shelf to be picked up by IO) with the corrected i-140.

Thanks.

We did FP on 10/24/2007 and got LUD on 10/25/2007 for 485.

My 140 was approved on 12/15/2007 and LUD for 140 on 12/18/2007

However 485 has LUD on 12/17/2007.

What does this mean? Any chance does it mean that name check is clear?
Thanks,
Sunny
EB3 NEPAL
PD Dec 2004
140 RD 07/13/2007 AD 12/18/2007 TSC
485 RD 08/09/2007 FP 10/24/2007 LUD 10/25/2007, LUD 12/17/2007 NSC

We did FP on 10/24/2007 and got LUD on 10/25/2007 for 485.

My 140 was approved on 12/15/2007 and LUD for 140 on 12/18/2007

However 485 has LUD on 12/17/2007.

What does this mean? Any chance does it mean that name check is clear?
Thanks,
Sunny
EB3 NEPAL
PD Dec 2004

It likely simply means that the agent was indicating the I-140 approval on the I-485 pack. It is a requirement after all.

Thank you Nelsona!!

Is there a LUD for namecheck clearance ?

Thanks,
Sunny
EB3 NEPAL
PD Dec 2004