Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Random LUD generator

Just got a new LUD on my I-140 approved almost one year ago. What the hell are they doing on it???

Just got a new LUD on my I-140 approved almost one year ago. What the hell are they doing on it???

same here.. got a LUD today on approved 140, approved in oct 06. probably, it's just an automated, routine update. among recently 485-approved guys, any similar experience? thanks and good luck to all!

This sounds like DB maintenance/schema_upgrade/whatever... I got LUD on approved I140 yesterday (on Sunday). I140 was approved more than a year ago, and I'm in NC according to my call to USCIS.

same here , LUD in I-140 but mgs didt change.:eek:
i am hoping that it is a good sign ...

Stuck in Name check

WOM or wait .
If you noticed many 2006 filers who were stuck in namecheck started clearing up since oct.2007 and many got approved this month. I believe those were "simple name hit " cases. For complex cases ( many hits ) it might takes many years to resolve.

I have written letters to The First Lady, Senator, Congressman, FBI. and got the same response that it is stuck in Name Check from the july 2006.

can any one suggest what are the options left?whom else should i write to and how frequently should i write?

Name check cleared..

Hello,

I got a letter from my Congressman that my name check cleared on Oct 15, 2007. It was sent to FBI in Nov 2005. I have not seen any update on the USCIS website though and only a few days are left before I get retrogressed ! :rolleyes:

May be you should be fine

Hello,

I got a letter from my Congressman that my name check cleared on Oct 15, 2007. It was sent to FBI in Nov 2005. I have not seen any update on the USCIS website though and only a few days are left before I get retrogressed ! :rolleyes:

Since name check cleared in Oct., they might have requested visa number for you, so you could get approval even if the visa bulletin says dates retrogressed.

No idea !! Me also in the namecheck hole since July 2006

I have written letters to The First Lady, Senator, Congressman, FBI. and got the same response that it is stuck in Name Check from the july 2006.

can any one suggest what are the options left?whom else should i write to and how frequently should i write?

Since it is retrogressing since Dec.2007, even the WOM may not help.

I called IO yesterday to check my status. It's not updated yet in their system abt the Name check process.After I told that I recieved a letter from FBI then he went on to check in another system and then Confirmed my Name check is done. He told it takes some more time to get updated on my case and then my case will go to an Officer....looks like by that time retrogression will come..so no hopes for this year..need to wait to see the Jan Bulletin.

I got the same letter from FBI, however it was a response for the letter that I wrote to the 1st lady, and it says that Name check submission was processed and finalized on October 23rd, 2007 and the result was forwarded to USCIS on the same day. I have about 7 days befor retrogression hits again. What are the chances that I may be the lucky guy?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I called IO yesterday to check my status. It's not updated yet in their system abt the Name check process.After I told that I recieved a letter from FBI then he went on to check in another system and then Confirmed my Name check is done. He told it takes some more time to get updated on my case and then my case will go to an Office....looks like by that time retrogression will come..so no hopes for this year..need to wait to see the Jan Bulletin.
Could you pls. tell me how you contacted NSC?
Did you us the POJ method, namely, 1, 2, 2, 6, 1, enter receipt#, 1, 3, 4? Is this sequence correct?

Thanks and I would appreciate your help.

I did call

NSC Center @ 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX
LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX
press 1 (now listen to the case update info..blah blah)
press 3
press 4
(now if you listen a female voice prompting you to hold the call that means the call is going to IOs desk. If it says no IO is available, it will redirect it to National customer service, you can cut the phone.. and try the same steps after some time)

I talked to IO, after waiting for 10 minutes on line. He said name check is cleared and case is with officer. What it means? RD June 2007. PD june 2001

NSC Center @ 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX
LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX
press 1 (now listen to the case update info..blah blah)
press 3
press 4
(now if you listen a female voice prompting you to hold the call that means the call is going to IOs desk. If it says no IO is available, it will redirect it to National customer service, you can cut the phone.. and try the same steps after some time)

I talked to IO, after waiting for 10 minutes on line. He said name check is cleared and case is with officer. What it means? RD June 2007. PD june 2001
I presume it could mean two things. I believe that once they get the background check results, they do some internal check review. THis could be one. Another thing, which is a better one would be that the IO is trying to adjudicate your petition. I guess we need to call them at least once a week to find out and pray for the best. Thanks for the dialing sequence information for NSC.

Good luck.

WOM is Writ Of Mandamus.

It is a civil case brought against the government in the US District Court. You basically ask a judge to order USCIS to make a decision on your case. It usually helps if your case has been pending for a year or more.

same here , LUD in I-140 but mgs didt change.:eek:
i am hoping that it is a good sign ...

I had the samething LUD on my i140 no msg change and I485 pending for more than 18 months . Will retro in Dec 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:

i would say keep writing to them every other week!! it is just a 41cent stamp.

csrini,

I have timeline very close to yours. NSC tells me that they are waiting on NC clearance. I have written to my local congressman and I am planning to write to Senator and First lady also. Have you tried any of these?

i would say keep writing to them every other week!! it is just a 41cent stamp.