Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

on 11/15/07 I've got Card production ordered email. finnaly it's over :)
for dates, please see my signature.
Godd luck to everyone, your day will come soon !!!!

I-485 approved

I feel nice to share the good news. My I-485 is approved.

I did not get any e-mail. When I checked the site this morning, I saw a LUD for 11/17/07. When I checked the status, it said, "Card production ordered".

10 days ago when I talked to a IO at NSC, he said I was stuck in name check. A day before that a lady I talked to said I was through with all the security checks. I thought I would be stuck for the next few months. It came through when I least expected it.

Anyways thanks to everybody who shared their experiecnes. My 5 1/2 years journey came to a successful stop. However my wife's status shows that they issued a RFE. So still have to work on that.

I wish good luck to everyone.

My turn to share good news. Got approval for my I-485 application on 11-14-07. Here are my details: PD Oct. 2002, EB2 , India (filed as derivative).I-485 RD was 6-19-06.Primary (spouse) and 2 kids got approved in April 07 but I was stuck in name check. After I came to know from infopass and SR response about stuck in background checks, I became proactive and started pursuing my case very actively. I wrote letters to USCIS director, First lady, FBI (some 5 different officers), local FBI, director of local USCIS and so on. I sent snail mail. I contacted my local congresswoman and wrote to both senators to help me. I used to call NSC every Monday to find any activity. MY LUD remained unchanged from 11-28-06.Although the senators office did not give any help the congresswoman office was helpful. In August came to know from congresswoman that name check got cleared in 8-03-07 .This was followed by letter from FBI giving same information. Then I called NSC and came to know that name check is done but internal checks are pending. One week later came to know all checks are done case is waiting to be picked by officer. This was in mid September. Since my fingerprints were expiring in October end I took an infopass. Lady Officer was very helpful (for once!) and emailed to NSC that since my fingerprints were good only till October my case should be decided before. She asked me to call and let them know same thing. After that I became more frequent in calling NSC, but my case did not move. Every time I called I heard new story. End of September I wrote to Ombudsman to help me with my case, got response a week later that they have contacted USCIS and will be following up. But I came to know from NSC that my fingerprints were refreshed on 10/7/07 and were good for another year and half. Finally I got the welcome email on 11/14/07 (with LUD) .On 11/16/07 got another mail about card production. On 11/19/07 got email for approval notice mailed. Waiting for physical cards.
So guys here the journey ends. For all of you waiting I wish you luck and would suggest that be very persuasive and persistent. It helps. But while approaching anyone for help be careful not to use offensive or rude tone if you want to get positive results. Bye and good luck.

... After I came to know from infopass and SR response about stuck in background checks, I became proactive and started pursuing my case very actively. I wrote letters to USCIS director, First lady, FBI (some 5 different officers), local FBI, director of local USCIS and so on. I sent snail mail. I contacted my local congresswoman and wrote to both senators to help me. I used to call NSC every Monday to find any activity. ...

Congratulations!

Could you share name/address info for the 5 FBI officers you wrote to?

Could you post a sample letter? I have my own, but it's always interesting to see what ideas others use.

Congratulations to mdgc2001!

Did you receive any RFE for your 485? My case is very similiar to yours. Hoping....

EB-2, MD RIR: 11/2002.
485: RD 11/5/2006, NameCheck pending as of 10/19/2007

I feel nice to share the good news. My I-485 is approved.

I did not get any e-mail. When I checked the site this morning, I saw a LUD for 11/17/07. When I checked the status, it said, "Card production ordered".

10 days ago when I talked to a IO at NSC, he said I was stuck in name check. A day before that a lady I talked to said I was through with all the security checks. I thought I would be stuck for the next few months. It came through when I least expected it.

Anyways thanks to everybody who shared their experiecnes. My 5 1/2 years journey came to a successful stop. However my wife's status shows that they issued a RFE. So still have to work on that.

I wish good luck to everyone.

We had finger printing Saturday, and yesterday and Today there is LUD for all our I-485.
EAD recevied yesterday.

Finally Approved

Both I and my wife got the I-485 approval notices yesterday.

PD: November 2002
Labor Approved: June 2006
I-140/I-485:
RD: July 24th 2006
ND: July 31st 2006

I-140 Approved: Oct 25th 2006.

FP done: Oct 24th 2006.

I-485 approved: 11/14/2007. Notive recd: 11/19/2007.

Stuck in Name Check: sent about 25-30 letters to all I can think of :).

GC approved!

Both I and my wife got the Cards last Saturday.
Thank you all for your valuable info and contribution in this forum, I personally learned lots of things during this journey from you guys and hope you all will get the Card soon.

PD: Aug 2001
Labor Approved: Mar 05
I-140 Approved: Oct 05
I-485:
RD: July 14th 06
ND: July 18th 06

FP done: Aug 10th 06.
RFE Both: Oct 12th 06 (Employment Letter)

Second AP and EAD approved on July 07
Job changed using AC21 on July 07 (H1-B transfer to new Company) and filing AC21 on Oct 07

I-485 approved (LUD): 11/08/07
Emails recd: 11/13/07
Cards recd: 11/17/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing the info.

Both I and my wife got the Cards last Saturday.
Thank you all for your valuable info and contribution in this forum, I personally learned lots of things during this journey from you guys and hope you all will get the Card soon.

PD: Aug 2001
Labor Approved: Mar 05
I-140 Approved: Oct 05
I-485:
RD: July 14th 06
ND: July 18th 06

FP done: Aug 10th 06.
RFE Both: Oct 12th 06 (Employment Letter)

Second AP and EAD approved on July 07
Job changed using AC21 on July 07 (H1-B transfer to new Company) and filing AC21 on Oct 07

I-485 approved (LUD): 11/08/07
Emails recd: 11/13/07
Cards recd: 11/17/07

Congratulations to Prabp.

Finally Approved

Both I and my wife got the I-485 approval notices yesterday.

PD: November 2002
Labor Approved: June 2006
I-140/I-485:
RD: July 24th 2006
ND: July 31st 2006

I-140 Approved: Oct 25th 2006.

FP done: Oct 24th 2006.

I-485 approved: 11/14/2007. Notive recd: 11/19/2007.

Stuck in Name Check: sent about 25-30 letters to all I can think of :).

Lot of approvals lately

I think they are doing some thing to clear all the backlog. If you notice, most of the applications are filed around July 2006.

- rspr

Hey Guys,
I am seeing LUDs on my 140 which has been approved for a while now. Please see details in my signature. Any idea what that means?

Thanks in advance

... Since my fingerprints were expiring in October end... ... But I came to know from NSC that my fingerprints were refreshed on 10/7/07 and were good for another year and half...

congrats leoraj and all others who got approved recently!! leoraj, I wanted to ask you about your fingerprints - did you go for a fresh/new fingerprinting at the ASC? Or, the fingerprints were automatically refreshed for another year and half? Thanks for your time and congrats once again!

congrats leoraj and all others who got approved recently!! leoraj, I wanted to ask you about your fingerprints - did you go for a fresh/new fingerprinting at the ASC? Or, the fingerprints were automatically refreshed for another year and half? Thanks for your time and congrats once again!

Thanks.No I did not go for new fingerprints in October.Even I was surprised when I was told about them getting refreshed.I did go for code 2 in April 2007 for renewing AP and EAD card.
During my conversations with IO ,I came to know that there were many cases lying on the shelves, totally clear and just waiting to be picked by officers. Since they were short of adjucating officers NSC 'borrowed' officers from other service centers.

Checked the website and saw an LUD for my 485! Clicked (thinking it was yet another soft LUD) and lo and behold: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

I never got an approval notice or anything though. I'm assuming this will come in the mail regardless?

And for the question that's been asked 10 billion times (but am too excited to do a search but I will if it's that annoying a question)... how long til I get it... approximately?

Congradulation...

By Average 10 Days...
Checked the website and saw an LUD for my 485! Clicked (thinking it was yet another soft LUD) and lo and behold: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

I never got an approval notice or anything though. I'm assuming this will come in the mail regardless?

And for the question that's been asked 10 billion times (but am too excited to do a search but I will if it's that annoying a question)... how long til I get it... approximately?

Congratulations!

Could you share name/address info for the 5 FBI officers you wrote to?

Could you post a sample letter? I have my own, but it's always interesting to see what ideas others use.

Thanks.Here are the names:

William L Hooton
Assistant Director, Records Management Division
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Room 11703
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001

David M. Hardy, Chief
Record/Information Dissemination Section
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535

Mr. Kimberly K. Mertz Special Agent in Charge
600 state st.
New haven CT 06511

Michael A. Cannon
Chief, National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001)

J. Stephen Tidwell
Assistant Director in Charge, FBI-Los Angeles
Suite 1700, FOB
11000 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90024-3672

Here is the letter:

David M. Hardy, Chief
Record/Information Dissemination Section
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535

Subject: Expediting FBI Name Check for Green Card (I-485)

Respected Mr. Hardy
My name is xxxxxxxxx and I live in xxxxxxxxxxxx. I am writing this letter to you with a request to kindly help in expediting my background check with FBI that has been pending for xxx year now. I came to the US from xxxx in xxxxx on H1 work visa. From xxxxxxx I have been working as a cxxxxxxx earning a xxxxxx credential from xxxxxxxxxxxx.
We started our Green card process in xxxxxxxxx based on (spouse) petition. My spouse and two children got their Green cards in April 2007 but my application (as a derivative) is still stuck in the FBI name check process. I contacted the USCIS and learnt that my case is waiting for a response from FBI. A request to perform name check was sent to the FBI in June 2006. I have filed several inquires with USCIS but their answer to all inquires was that my case is pending because FBI name check has not come back yet. In the mean time I requested FOIPA from FBI and got a reply saying that there were no records of my name in the main files (copy of FOIPA enclosed request #xxxxxxxxx).
This delay in the processing of my I-485 petition has caused me great hardships and grief. This situation of uncertainty has had a very negative effect on my career and personal life. I am not able to focus fully on my job because of the great amount of energy and time consumed in this wait for a permanent status. Checking status and progress of my application is a daily activity and a part of my mind is always occupied in this wait and worry. I have a xxxxx in xxxxxx and a very sound knowledge of my subject but still I cannot pursue better career options because of my status. My family life has also got affected by all this atmosphere of tension and uncertainty. Besides this emotional stress I am also facing financial problems due to this situation. Every year I have to spend a lot of money on attorney fee and other fee for keeping my H1 status. With a college going daughter and a son ready to join college in two years this has become a tremendous financial burden on me. Now a new worry has just been added to my list by the decision of DHS (Department of Homeland Security) to make all visas current for all employment based petitions. Thousands of people will be filing their AOS (Adjustment of Status) petitions in July, because of the above change, and will use up all available visas and then my case will be stuck for another couple of years because of unavailability of visas.
I am worried that my adjustment of status petition will be in jeopardy, if there is an undue delay in FBI security clearance. This will adversely affect my employment and career. Considering these, I humbly request your assistance in expediting the pending security clearance from FBI. I am herewith providing all the information with respect to my petition. I will really appreciate your assistance in this matter. I do understand that under current circumstances Homeland Security is of primary importance, but all I am asking for is an opportunity for someone to look into my case. I fully understand and appreciate the focus on national security. I have never involved in any criminal/unlawful activities either in the USA or in xxxxxx. Since my arrival in the USA on xxxxxxx, I have maintained my legal Status throughout. As a part of the immigration application, I submitted my fingerprints to the USCIS, which were processed by the FBI and showed no records . As mentioned before FOIPA record from FBI , for my name also indicated no records . My details are posted below. If anything else is required from my end, I will be more than happy to provide the information . I am anxiously awaiting any help from you.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
A#: xxxxxxx
Receipt # xxxxxxxxx
USCIS service center :Nebraska
I-485 Notice date: xxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxxxx
Place/Country of Birth: xxxxxxx
Current Address :
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Home Phone : xxxxxxxxxxxxx