Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Visa Bulletin For December 2007

EB2 India and China have retrogressed by 2 and 3 years... Others kept moving a little bit.

EB2 China: 01JAN03
EB2 India: 01JAN02

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3841.html

Notes:
CHINA-mainland born and INDIA:
Employment Preferences:
First: Continued heavy demand may require the establishment of a cut-off date at some point during the fiscal year.
Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out.

you are absolutely right kgp, i just got my card today but i never got any LUD saying "card production ordered" my last LUD was 11/12 "welcome noticed mailed"

I received paper approval notice / welcome notice for both on Nov 8, 2007 and online message says: for me: Welcome notice sent on Nov 9th followed by Card production ordered on Nov 9th and for my WIFE: Approval notice sent of Nov 10th. It seems that those dates and messages does not make any sense.

fyi: Untill Nov 10th our online message was: Case received and pending and no LUD and we have approval notices in hand. On Nov 9th I called NSC 1-800# and told this issue to the IO she told me that now a days they noticed this problem and said that let me refresh your file and then you should get online message changed. and on Nov 10th mesage changed to "on Nov 9TH WE MAILED YOU WELCOME notice" again on Nov 11 message changed to "on Nov 9th we ordered production of your new card" On Nov 12 message changed for my wife as "on Nov 10th we mailed you a Approval notice".

I believe these message does not make any sense we will receive our Cards by the end of this week

Thanks

Here is mine one...see signature

NEW I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

I have decided to start a Nebraska Service Center Tracker. I will create and use an Excel spreadsheet.

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX) As many characters as you are willing to provide - please not all of it.
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know tracitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Any update on EB3 cases

Hi,

Does anybody getting their EB3 RIR cases approved ?

My PD 2/2002 EB3-INDIA
I-140 - Approved on June 2005
I-145 - filed on Jan 2005
I am on my 3rd AP, 3rd EAD, 2fp.

Jack,
i dont think it really helped. among those i had corresponded with, a lady from the congressman's office was really nice to me and she contacted both USCIS and FBI for my case and then called and told me that it was stuck in name check and nothing they can do. yesterday i called her and thanked her for his help and she politely said no i dont think we had done anything to expedite it was just your turn. but she said it might helped in a way that more people hassle FBI the more motivation they have to speed up their work.
good luck!

Congratulations, liao! Would you think writing letters to senators/firstLady help your case at least a little bit in your sense?

Any hope ?

I thought I was nearing the end of this self imposed term in this prison.

Here is the status: 485 filed in July '06. EB-2 India 11/2002. Namecheck cleared soemwhere in July '07.

Kept pushing USCIS about my case since logically I should have got approved in last years' quota. So many 'o7 filers with PD of 2005/2006 got approved isn't it ?

Had an RFE. Replied with documents which were already there in the original filing. Had two LUDs on 8th and 9th Nov after sending the response.

And now the retrogression with chances of Eb-2 going even back.

For those who have had RFE and approvals, what is the usual time taken ? I am not too hopeful to get something before 30th Nov but it helps to remove even that speck and do something more useful in life than trolling these boards and checking USCIS website.

Brothers in arms

You can count me in this...I could not have said it better. I have seen so many people get their 485 cleared who have come in this ratrace much much later. My 485 RFE response was recd. on Sep 4'07. Nothing after that. IOs keep on saying that the processing has resumed on your case.Thats it. Now they want to retrogress to 1/2002. My PD is Jan 17, 2002. Moreover my FP is expiring on Nov. 22,07. I am quite pessimistic that I could go well into 2008 and still not see anything!:(

I have other friends here like Venram and few others who are in this hell hole!!:eek:

Here is the status: 485 filed in July '06. EB-2 India 11/2002. Namecheck cleared soemwhere in July '07.

Kept pushing USCIS about my case since logically I should have got approved in last years' quota. So many 'o7 filers with PD of 2005/2006 got approved isn't it ?

Had an RFE. Replied with documents which were already there in the original filing. Had two LUDs on 8th and 9th Nov after sending the response.

For those who have had RFE and approvals, what is the usual time taken ? I am not too hopeful to get something before 30th Nov but it helps to remove even that speck and do something more useful in life than trolling these boards and checking USCIS website.

Coworker getting approval

My co-worker got approval email today. Here is the data:
PD of October 2002
I-485 filed in July 2006

He is from India. EB2.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Bigbang2001

Hello Bigbang2001,
What was your RFE about?

Thanks,
GMR

Letter when FBI NC is complete?

I called USCIS phone line and the lady was very persistent telling that once FBI finishes processing fingerprints (did she confuse that with NC?), they would inform USCIS, and then USCIS would inform me by mail that my FBI processing is complete.

Did anyone receive such a letter, or it's something new, or the lady was just clueless?

We received our green Cards - Wife's card has Fingure Prints on the front of the card.

My card does not have Fingure Print and says Fingure Print not available
Both of us completed Fingure prints on March 16, 2007 and on November 09, 2007 NSC IO at 1 800# confirmed that they have our FPs AND THEY ARE CLEAR. I called on Nov 9th because we received welcome notices but online message was saying as PENDING. so this IO looked into the system and confirmed that My wife's card was ordered but mine was not ordered they she said that let me check your FPs then she said oh yes we have your FPs, and told me that she will send an email and then your card production will be ordered. Today I received my card (wife received on Nov 13th)

I know several people reported that if USCIS does not have valid FPs they don't issue card they only issue welcome/approval notice and wait until applicant completes FPs, but I already received card and IO confirmed that my FPs are current and valid

My GC says Fingure Prints not available Is this an issue at all? Anyone has this issue before? shoud I be worried and call NSC?

She was clueless.

You do not get a letter from FBI for your name check complete with out an external stimulus like :

1. Your senator/congressman may get a letter about the status of your name check.

2. If you wrote to FL or President then FBI may respond back about the state of your name check.

USCIS never informed me abou my state of name check. It was only infopass that told me about this.

I called USCIS phone line and the lady was very persistent telling that once FBI finishes processing fingerprints (did she confuse that with NC?), they would inform USCIS, and then USCIS would inform me by mail that my FBI processing is complete.

Did anyone receive such a letter, or it's something new, or the lady was just clueless?

Finally.. the day came...

Hi Folks,

The day came finally after browising through this site for 5.5 year long saga. Both me and my wife got it on the same day.

Received my GC in mail today. Here is the chronology...

PD: Aug 2002 CA (EB2 RIR)
Applied for I-140: May 06
Filed for I-485: July 06
I-140 AD: Sep 06 (After paying for premium processing)
Went for three infopass, but was in name check all the time.
Contacted Joe Lofgren's assistant - she was nice, but never heard back again.
Forgot about this for a while, as I felt Name check is not going to be finished any time soon.
Surprisingly, all of a sudden received "Welcome notice sent" email on Nov 9th
Nov 11th: Card production ordered on 9th
Nov 14th: Approval notice sent
Nov 16th: Received cards in mail.

Thanks to every one on this forum who helped me understand all along.

Good Luck guys.

- rspr

I don't think this is a problem at all. I did not had finger prints on my EAD. You may always check with your lawyer.

We received our green Cards - Wife's card has Fingure Prints on the front of the card.

Both of us completed Fingure prints on March 16, 2007 and on November 09, 2007 NSC IO at 1 800# confirmed that they have our FPs AND THEY ARE CLEAR. I called on Nov 9th because we received welcome notices but online message was saying as PENDING. so this IO looked into the system and confirmed that My wife's card was ordered but mine was not ordered they she said that let me check your FPs then she said oh yes we have your FPs, and told me that she will send an email and then your card production will be ordered. Today I received my card (wife received on Nov 13th)

My GC says Fingure Prints not available Is this an issue at all? Anyone has this issue before? shoud I be worried and call NSC?

RSPS Thanks,
But I am talking about Fingure Print not available on my Green Card not EAD, Green Card is a single card for Work, stay and a Travel document, so there is much difference in EAD and card, As I mentioned my wife's card has Fingure Print on the card - see details below:

I know several people reported that if USCIS does not have valid FPs they don't issue card they only issue welcome/approval notice and wait until applicant completes FPs, but I already received card and IO confirmed that my FPs are current and valid