Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Nsc

After sending my response to the 2nd RFE, my I-485 application got approved within a week. When NSC issues the 2nd RFE, there was no status change in my online profile and there was no indication of this RFE anywhere. However, there was a LUD. I called NSC to inquire about my case ...

Can you please share the contact information for NSC. My case is somewhat similar where I got a LUD on my case without any status message change. I checked with my previous company's lawyer (I changed job), but they also did not mention any RFE.

So I am wondering if am in similar situation as you were.

Thanks a ton.

thank you!

Yes You are absolutely right in being positive and at the same time spreading positive spirit. Good luck and God willing you should get it pretty soon!!

Thanks for believeing and I hope everything goes well for you as well.
Faith is all we have.

2nd finger print

my first finger print was done in august 06 immediately after i filed my 485, now i am stuck in name check. i am just wondering if you guys know i will get another finger print in nov 07 which is 15 months after the first one? or they won't bother doing it again till my name check is done?
thanks!

Yes, they will continue to fingerprint you. I have been FP'd 3 times, the 2nd and 3rd occuring after I was stuck in namecheck.

It's simply a flag that comes up on your case every, as you say, 15 months or so.

thanks nelsona

thanks nelsona, i just noticed that your 2nd is more than 15months from the first but the 3rd is pretty accurately 15mo away.
i only hope that i dont need the third one, sigh.
good luck to us all.

Yes, they will continue to fingerprint you. I have been FP'd 3 times, the 2nd and 3rd occuring after I was stuck in namecheck.

It's simply a flag that comes up on your case every, as you say, 15 months or so.

thanks nelsona, i just noticed that your 2nd is more than 15months from the first but the 3rd is pretty accurately 15mo away.
i only hope that i dont need the third one, sigh.
good luck to us all.

The delay for the second FP was due to retrogression, USCIS will sometimes delay FPs when there is no chance of approval.

But it is to your advantage that USCIS keeps your FPs up-to-date, so that if your case is ready, they can approve it. It is quite possible that a categoiry could go from available to 'U' in the month or 2 it would take to get new FPs.

Using WoM option

Nelsona,

Why don't you go in for WoM? You more than qulaify for WoM and have a sure shot chance of winning it.Pleaple like me have completed only 15 months after filing the 485, hence our chnaces are not that good.:(

The delay for the second FP was due to retrogression, USCIS will sometimes delay FPs when there is no chance of approval.

But it is to your advantage that USCIS keeps your FPs up-to-date, so that if your case is ready, they can approve it. It is quite possible that a categoiry could go from available to 'U' in the month or 2 it would take to get new FPs.

I'm getting things lined up for it. If soeone can point to me a good link with step-by-step instructions to do it oneself, or mostly oneself, please. My lawyer is not encouraging, and have not investigated past filing for my FOIPA file.

The only resource I know for WoM is the Wikipedia link which people have been talking about.You would have to decipher the steps from that page. I think you should concentrate more on how you would address the MTD as and when it is raised against your case.

I think all of us waiting for 485 clearance should now wait for Jan08, since Nov., Dec govt. would be basically on holiday leave.:D. Its holiday for some and frustration,misery, depression, anger for others!!:(

I'm getting things lined up for it. If soeone can point to me a good link with step-by-step instructions to do it oneself, or mostly oneself, please. My lawyer is not encouraging, and have not investigated past filing for my FOIPA file.

My spouses' and my I-485 was received on Oct 6th but I cannot find the case status online. Is anyone else facing the same problem? Same thing with my wifes EAD - it says no such case exists.

Also why is it taking longer for my wife (on H4) to get her EAD?

My spouses' and my I-485 was received on Oct 6th but I cannot find the case status online. Is anyone else facing the same problem? Same thing with my wifes EAD - it says no such case exists.

Also why is it taking longer for my wife (on H4) to get her EAD?

Yes, the online system is backed up. I have EAD/AP approvals in hand that have not been entered in system for over 1 month.

As for EAD, USCIS is only issuing them at the 90 day mark if you make an appointment at the 70-day mark. Otherwise, they are taking about 110 days.

Yes, the online system is backed up. I have EAD/AP approvals in hand that have not been entered in system for over 1 month.

As for EAD, USCIS is only issuing them at the 90 day mark if you make an appointment at the 70-day mark. Otherwise, they are taking about 110 days.

Thanks nelsona.

My wife's EAD 90 day deadline is 6th Nov. Lets see how it goes.

That is a valid concern, and nobody can guarantee a success. But it looks like you have a very strong case. You might want to consult a lawyer, not necessarily your current lawyer, to see if WOM is worth it. Also the talks of reducing NC backlog for long pending cases may play a roll as well.
My feeling is that once I file Writ, I woill have TWO frustrations to deal with.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but let me ask.

Here is the info:

I-140 APPROVED-APRIL,2007(have approval notice)
H1-b approved for 3 yrs(from May2007-May2010), based on I140 approval and PD not current.
i-485/EAD/AP APPLIED- JULY2,2007(have receipt notice)
EAD APPROVED-OCT10,2007(have card)

Got fired from job-oct20,2007.

Questions:
1. Can H1b be transferred to another company based on this i140 approval??
2. Can work for other employer on EAD, thinking/expecting the prev employer will not cancel the 140 approval till Jan10,2008(it will be 180 then), and then file AC21??

if not what are the options??

Thanks

RFE - Mother's maiden name absent in Birth certificate

Hi csrini1

Could you please kindly let me know what kind of evidence did you provide for the RFE of Mother's name not in Birth certificate?

Regards

Here is the info:

H1-b approved for 3 yrs(from May2007-May2010), based on I140 approval and PD not current.

Questions:
2. Can work for other employer on EAD, thinking/expecting the prev employer will not cancel the 140 approval till Jan10,2008(it will be 180 then), and then file AC21??

Thanks

April, 2007 + 180 days = October, 2007. As far as I know, calendar days are counted. So, it seems that you can use AC-21 right now.

Dstu's starting date is incorrect. The I-485 is what must be pending 180 days, which is january.

You should be working on EAD and having the new employer submit PERM and I-140, just in case the old employer pulls the I-140.

There may be provisions of AC21 that you can use right now, but not I-140 portability, yet.

And, yes, there are better fora for this question.

Your 485 and consequently EAD is invalid now. So do not even think of AC-21.

Get your H1b transferred. This is a grey area so you have more chances of getting transferred.

After this you have to start all over again PERM, I-140 and then 485. You can take claim the original PD even if your ex employer withdraws 140.

Here is the info:

Questions:

Thanks