Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

vine/prince,

I remember you guys from PBEC days. I think those who filed in the old system like us are getting slammed with another backlog now. Its just sad. I have been waiting for GC for over years now and I am not sure how much longer this silly namecheck is going to take.

Remember when they were talking about a new PERM system back in the 2003-2004 and they didn't put into place until 2005 ! Looks like we are missing another boat ride here.

Peace ....

yeah, i remember you from pbec days.. our dates are very similar. let's hope we get out of this blackhole soon. regarding approvals for 2006 pd applicants, i personally know two eb2 people who got approved in the last couple of months - the whole thing in a little over a year's time. but this may not be the norm.

the new proposed system for namecheck, if any, will help people down the road in a year or so from now? wom seems like the only option left for now.

vine/prince,

I remember you guys from PBEC days. I think those who filed in the old system like us are getting slammed with another backlog now. Its just sad. I have been waiting for GC for over years now and I am not sure how much longer this silly namecheck is going to take.

Remember when they were talking about a new PERM system back in the 2003-2004 and they didn't put into place until 2005 ! Looks like we are missing another boat ride here.

Peace ....

Not that anything is going to happen, did you guys write to the First lady about these delays?? It takes only 41 cent stamp and a cover to get it out.

I actually did send 3 letters every other week. so if there are MANY others doing the same, we can see some movement in our cases quickly....

vine/prince,

Peace ....

yeah, i too remember you from pbec days :(. let's hope we cross this new hurdle soon. at times it's really frustrating to go thru all this in a technologically developed nation like this. the US govt. doesn't have the will to allocate resources toward fbi namecheck; it's such an irony. in all fairness though, they are putting together a system that would expedite this system, but the pain continues for folks currently stuck. thankfully we have a forum like this where we can update each other and vent out.. don't lose your heart. in any situation, in any country, in any society you have goods and bads - that is life. sorry to be philosophical here.. good luck to you and all!

Not that anything is going to happen, did you guys write to the First lady about these delays?? It takes only 41 cent stamp and a cover to get it out.

I actually did send 3 letters every other week. so if there are MANY others doing the same, we can see some movement in our cases quickly....

that's correct. this would also help collect documents in case you file the wom. i have been writing to all the big shots - senators, ombudsman, secretaries, fl etc. some along with the fbi do respond.

I wrote to FL and FBI replied that it is in process. Nothing happened afterwards.

another soul from PBEC

hi there, i am also one of the poor souls from pbec, we just have to go through one black hole after another, sigh.
i have been constantly writing to all these people, i knew it wouldn't work magic but i just keep writing every month.
i will be doing WOM early next year if i am still waiting. anybody joining me?

yeah, i too remember you from pbec days :(. let's hope we cross this new hurdle soon. at times it's really frustrating to go thru all this in a technologically developed nation like this. the US govt. doesn't have the will to allocate resources toward fbi namecheck; it's such an irony. in all fairness though, they are putting together a system that would expedite this system, but the pain continues for folks currently stuck. thankfully we have a forum like this where we can update each other and vent out.. don't lose your heart. in any situation, in any country, in any society you have goods and bads - that is life. sorry to be philosophical here.. good luck to you and all!

hi there, i am also one of the poor souls from pbec, we just have to go through one black hole after another, sigh.
i have been constantly writing to all these people, i knew it wouldn't work magic but i just keep writing every month.
i will be doing WOM early next year if i am still waiting. anybody joining me?

writing to people would help, in my opinion. it would serve two purposes - one, it would create awareness among decision makers, and two, you would collect documents that would be useful for filing the wom. already, whitehouse and dhs say that they are allocating substantial amount of money toward namecheck process.

i'm in touch with a couple of wom lawyers in the bay area. they all recommend to wait at least 1 yr. 9 month or two year mark before filing the wom. i'm thinking of doing it next year maybe in april-may? let's hope and pray that we clear 485 before all that wom mess. good luck to you and all!!

wom

thanks vine,
yes i am aware of that the letters will be used as evidence when we file WOM. i just noticed that your dates are so close to mine. i consulted MR rajiv khanna who is the host of this website. they told me that i'd better wait till one year after the regular processing time which means that i should wait till NSC's 485 processing date to turn july 07 since my 485 ND is july 06. Since i am thinking of DIY so i will start reading now.
good luck, buddy!

writing to people would help, in my opinion. it would serve two purposes - one, it would create awareness among decision makers, and two, you would collect documents that would be useful for filing the wom. already, whitehouse and dhs say that they are allocating substantial amount of money toward namecheck process.

i'm in touch with a couple of wom lawyers in the bay area. they all recommend to wait at least 1 yr. 9 month or two year mark before filing the wom. i'm thinking of doing it next year maybe in april-may? let's hope and pray that we clear 485 before all that wom mess. good luck to you and all!!

Got RFE for I-485

I got an RFE for my I-485
Asking for verification letter of employment .
Mailed it today.
Does it mean I have cleared name check and am only one step from getting my I-485 approved ?

The particulars of my case are as follows :
PD 4/16/2002
EB2
I-140 RD 10/11/2006
I-140 AD 07/18/2007
I-485 RD 05/25/2007
FP ND 6/12/2007
FP AP 6/27/2007
EAD RD 7/24/2007
EAD AD 8/18/2007
RFE on I-485 09/20/2007
Mailed RFE 10/10/2007

Mailed it today.
Does it mean I have cleared name check and am only one step from getting my I-485 approved ?

The particulars of my case are as follows :
PD 4/16/2002
EB2
I-140 RD 10/11/2006
I-140 AD 07/18/2007
I-485 RD 05/25/2007
FP ND 6/12/2007
FP AP 6/27/2007
EAD RD 7/24/2007
EAD AD 8/18/2007
RFE on I-485 09/20/2007
Mailed RFE 10/10/2007

I guess so. Best wishes. How common is your name combination ?

Mailed it today.

Not necessarily. A request for employment verification so soon after submitting I-485 may simply mean that there was some shortcoming in your I-485 submission that is being corrected. Employment verifiaction usually takes place when an I-485 has been sitting for years awaiting approval. 5 months is not long enough.

You may or may not have passed name check. But the RFE does not reveal anything about this.

Most likely approval

gamamvp,
Looking at your I-485 RD 05/25/2007, the RFE is not so soon. If there is anything missing, you get an RFE within 90 days normally.

Given its four and half months form your RD, most likely this RFE is the routine one they issue just before approval. On the other hand if its only 5 months, they don't really need another employment verification. Normally they issue if its around one year after filing.

Why don't you take Info Pass to find out the status?

Keep us posted.

Not necessarily. A request for employment verification so soon after submitting I-485 may simply mean that there was some shortcoming in your I-485 submission that is being corrected. Employment verifiaction usually takes place when an I-485 has been sitting for years awaiting approval. 5 months is not long enough.

You may or may not have passed name check. But the RFE does not reveal anything about this.

Dont count on it. Nowadays RFEs have no significance. I got an RFE last year in December after 5 months of I485 filing. This was immediately after my I140 was approved. The RFE was about medical form. After I responsed to the RFE there was only one LUD to indicate the receipt of the response. I got another RFE in August this year regarding the biographic form and latest H1 approval notice. There were several LUDs on my case after I sent the response, which raised my hopes of getting an approval. After the last LUD about more than a month back, nothing has happened and there is no approval yet. Its has been about 2 months since I responded to the 2nd RFE.

I know of one another person on this forum who had similar experience. So we really cant count on RFE as indicator to approval.

gamamvp,
Looking at your I-485 RD 05/25/2007, the RFE is not so soon. If there is anything missing, you get an RFE within 90 days normally.

Given its four and half months form your RD, most likely this RFE is the routine one they issue just before approval. On the other hand if its only 5 months, they don't really need another employment verification. Normally they issue if its around one year after filing.

Why don't you take Info Pass to find out the status?

Keep us posted.

Also waiting for the RFE response

Venram,

I am also very closely watching for the response for the RFE. No LUDs whatsoever.Today is the 37th day and waiting.They say that they would send a written notice within 60 days. Checked again with the IO at LIN NSC, and the NC hasn't been cleared.The only alternative is to pray.For WoM i require additional 10 months to complete 2 years of filing 485, before it makes any sense.:confused:

Dont count on it. Nowadays RFEs have no significance. I got an RFE last year in December after 5 months of I485 filing. This was immediately after my I140 was approved. The RFE was about medical form. After I responsed to the RFE there was only one LUD to indicate the receipt of the response. I got another RFE in August this year regarding the biographic form and latest H1 approval notice. There were several LUDs on my case after I sent the response, which raised my hopes of getting an approval. After the last LUD about more than a month back, nothing has happened and there is no approval yet. Its has been about 2 months since I responded to the 2nd RFE.

I know of one another person on this forum who had similar experience. So we really cant count on RFE as indicator to approval.

How to contact NSC

Does anyone know the phone number to contact Nebraska Service Center to find out whether NC is cleared? Thanks!

I-485 RD:11/5/2006

Venram,

I am also very closely watching for the response for the RFE. No LUDs whatsoever.Today is the 37th day and waiting.They say that they would send a written notice within 60 days. Checked again with the IO at LIN NSC, and the NC hasn't been cleared.The only alternative is to pray.For WoM i require additional 10 months to complete 2 years of filing 485, before it makes any sense.:confused:

1-800-375-5283,
press 1-2-2-6-1-Recipt#-1-3-4
you will be connected to IO, depend on the luck, you may need try a couple of times to get the IO who can disclose the NC info to you. Good lcuk.

Contacting congressman's office

I sent an email to my congressman's office through their Web site. 4 weeks passed, no reply. So, I called them, and found out that it takes "several" months (!!!) to get a response to email, while regular mail gets a response within days.

Make sure to use regular mail when communicating with congressman.

nokin and venram,i am following ur case very closely,same boat. rfe(medical) received on aug 27,lud 8/27 and 9/7 and after that notthing.called service centre several times but they tell me,they cant tell me about name check and ask me to wait for 60 days after rfe sent in
Pd-oct 2002,485 filed mar 07
i am hoping something happens soon
the worst part was that ,the rfe was,that my medical was not signed by the officer but it was already signed. go figure

Finger Pinting Notice

Time Line EB3

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
I-140 AD 08/12/07
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07

Dear friends,
I just received the "Cards ordered" email for me and my family. I guess this is the end of this Journey for me. I was stuck in name check for one year. I sent a letter to FL and received a letter from FBI saying that NC is in process but it cleared 11 days after that. Thanks for all the help and support provided by all members of this forum. I hope you all get approved soon.