Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I am in the same boat

I also got a message change after lightyears! They said that they have sent an RFE notice. I wanted to know what was your RFE on 12/5/06 all about? Do you know whether they have posted this to you or your lawyer?

After a long lull, I got an email from CRIS saying that they have sent an RFE notice.

Can anyone let me know if this action from CRIS means that I have cleared all of background security checks successfully? Here is the history of my case -

I140 Filed concurrently with I485 and approved on 12/5/06

I485 filed on 5/28/06
Recieved on 6/2/06
Finger Print on 6/28/06
RFE on 12/5/06
RFE responded and received on 12/28/06
Last LUD on 1/3/07
Created a service request and obtained response on 6/1/07. The response said that further processing on my case is pending on clearance of background security check.
RFE issued on 8/8/07 - have not received it.

Thanks!!!

I also got a message change after lightyears! They said that they have sent an RFE notice. I wanted to know what was your RFE on 12/5/06 all about? Do you know whether they have posted this to you or your lawyer?

My RFE on 12/5/06 was about the medical report. The doctor did not fill the form correctly and USCIS sent it back. I had to get the report corrected by the doctor again and resend it to USCIS.

Anyways, my question is as follows -

When I checked the case status in June via service request, USCIS informed that my background check was not cleared yet and further processing would happen only after that check was cleared. Now that they have sent me an RFE, does it indicate that I have cleared the background security check and I may get an approval once I respond to RFE?

Thanks!!!

Your question is my question too!!

What you mentioned holds for me too, except I did not have any interim RFEs on my 485.My RD for 485 is July 27, 06( PD Jan 2002, I140 AD July 13,06) and after my biometrics there has been no change whatsoever. My last Infopass check informed me that my case in in NC with FBI. Nothing else. I am waiting to see what the RFE is and whether they have sent it to me directly or my lawyer.I pray God that like you said it a post-NC process and we are out of this NC hell-hole!

My RFE on 12/5/06 was about the medical report. The doctor did not fill the form correctly and USCIS sent it back. I had to get the report corrected by the doctor again and resend it to USCIS.

When I checked the case status in June via service request, USCIS informed that my background check was not cleared yet and further processing would happen only after that check was cleared. Now that they have sent me an RFE, does it indicate that I have cleared the background security check and I may get an approval once I respond to RFE?

Thanks!!!

I closely watch trackitt.com and yesterday saw an EB3 ROW case being approved by NSC. The case has a receipt date of 5/31/07 and apporved on 8/9/07. 70 days is record time; and may also prove the theory of visa numbers being assigned upon receipt. Let's hope the speculations are actually true.

During the July bulletin debacle, it was specualted that visa numbers were allocated to cases upon receipt of the case - can anyone confirm that this is correct or does anyone have info about this? It makes sense that visa numbers are allocated upon receipt (not at the approval stage) considering that there have been approvals in August eventhough officially the bulletin now shows that all categories are unavailable. I'm trying to guess when my case could be approved. Thanks for any help/info...

EB3 ROW
PD 5/29/03
EAD & I-485 RD 5/2/07
FP 6/12/07
EAD approved 8/6/07
I-485 approval...?????

Gurus,

There was an RFE on my (primary) I-485 application in May,07 filed in Jun 2006.
It is EB2, PD Dec 02. Current then.

When I enquired with NSC after they received the RFE response, it was informed that mine (primary) is with FBI from July 2006. Yesterday (08/08/07), I saw LUD change on my case and my spouse's case without any modification to the content. Just the date changed.

Is this a good sign ? Please provide your valuable feedback/comments.

Just received my FP notice...

User name: ipodgirl
Priority Date: 11/6/03 RIR EB-3
I-140 Approval Date: 10/10/2006
I-485: Filed 6/21/2007
I-485 UCSIC receipt: 7/16/2007
LIN: 072095XXXX
FP notice date: 8/9/2007
FP appointment: 8/22/2007
I-485 Approval Date: hopefully soon?

Gurus,

When I enquired with NSC after they received the RFE response, it was informed that mine (primary) is with FBI from July 2006. Yesterday (08/08/07), I saw LUD change on my case and my spouse's case without any modification to the content. Just the date changed.

If the pattern or trend is any indication, the cases filed a year ago are clearing the background security checks now... Hopefully these cases will see approvals soon if they are already allocated visa numbers. If not, they will see approvals in October.

There is no allocation of visa numbers now, There are of course, as there are every year, some few cases that pass thru at the end of the quota, to actully fill the quota.

No visa number is ever allocated to a case before name check.

In TSC lot of people from 2006 are waiting due to namecheck. I don't think they have approved a lot of 2006 namechecks.

If the pattern or trend is any indication, the cases filed a year ago are clearing the background security checks now... Hopefully these cases will see approvals soon if they are already allocated visa numbers. If not, they will see approvals in October.

Have you recd. the RFE yet?

Hi Venram,

Have you recd. the RFE yet? I am still waiting! If yes, what do they want from you?

Thanks!!!

Hi Venram,

Have you recd. the RFE yet? I am still waiting! If yes, what do they want from you?

I called my lawyer on Friday and he said he has not received it yet. I am hoping the lawyer would receive the RFE this week. Once I know what it is, I will post it. Also keep me updated on your RFE.

Thanks!

I have recd. the RFE today

Venram,

I have recd. the RFE today. They are asking for the following:

1) Letter from the employer stating your current position, proferred salary and position, and date of joining.Also that the terms and conditions of the employment based petition still exist.

2) Submit a memorandum of marriage, which provided evidence that the marriage has been registered, supported with photos.( They don't want marriage certificates issued by the embassy)

In my case the only thing missing is the memorandum of marriage. I do have the certificate from embassy. Tomorrow, I will check with my lawyer as to how to address this. I hope this is not very tough.

Please let me know what is your RFE about?

I called my lawyer on Friday and he said he has not received it yet. I am hoping the lawyer would receive the RFE this week. Once I know what it is, I will post it. Also keep me updated on your RFE.

Thanks!

You could be very close.
Lately all the people who have got employment based rfe they are getting approved as soon as you submit the response.

Venram,

1) Letter from the employer stating your current position, proferred salary and position, and date of joining.Also that the terms and conditions of the employment based petition still exist.

2) Submit a memorandum of marriage, which provided evidence that the marriage has been registered, supported with photos.( They don't want marriage certificates issued by the embassy)

In my case the only thing missing is the memorandum of marriage. I do have the certificate from embassy. Tomorrow, I will check with my lawyer as to how to address this. I hope this is not very tough.

Based on your RFE, I would think you have cleared the background security check and just one step before the final approval. That one step is probably the submission of the response to the RFE.

I have not yet heard from my lawer. I will give them a call later today and find about it.

Wish you all the best !!!

Thanks !!!

Venram,

RFE but no cigar!!!

Both my wife and I have had an RFE (EVL, I-94, Marriage cert) in May that I responded and USCIS NSC received on July 5 as per the latest status (LUD 7/18).. I have heard there is a quick turnaround for some cases and its getting approved pretty quickly.. But I am losing hope now that its gonna happen before Oct now..
-------------
PD: 5/2002
I-140 AD: 6/2005
I-485 RD: 6/2005
Multiple EADs and APs
2 FPs: 7/2005 and 4/2007
case tfred to NSC from CSC 3/2007

Marriage Cert.

Did you already have a Marriage cert.?If no, how did you get it made here? Are you from India?

Both my wife and I have had an RFE (EVL, I-94, Marriage cert) in May that I responded and USCIS NSC received on July 5 as per the latest status (LUD 7/18).. I have heard there is a quick turnaround for some cases and its getting approved pretty quickly.. But I am losing hope now that its gonna happen before Oct now..
-------------
PD: 5/2002
I-140 AD: 6/2005
I-485 RD: 6/2005
Multiple EADs and APs
2 FPs: 7/2005 and 4/2007
case tfred to NSC from CSC 3/2007

Seems like they answered my spouse's service request on Aug 8th and thus the LUD :-( Nothing else.

Gurus,

GC approval from TSC

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that on 08/10 my family's GCs were approved after just 137 days. Good luck to everyone and thank you all for giving useful information throughout the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

My lawyer has received the RFE today. RFE is about asking for
1) latest copy of I94
2) copy of my EAD card.
Note that I did not apply for EAD card at all, so I dont know why they ask for this.

My lawyer said she will review the RFE and respond to it today or tomorrow.

Question to experts - Does the above look like a normal RFE based on our past postings? Also does it indicate that I have cleared background security checks and may be approaching the final step?

Thanks!!!

Venram,