Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I am trying to digest how USCIS could approve tons of applications in June
and they didn't know about the trend in June when they possibly advised DOS about July visa number availability .

Is it that suddenly FBI cleared a ton of applications in June ?
Or, is it that the USCIS internal background check machinery cleared
applications in a flurry ?

The cases that were approved in June were cases that (a) had been submitted prior to June 2005 when retrogression hit hard, and (b) had already had all previous teps, including namecheck done and closed. All that they were waiting for was advancement in cut-off date.

There were also, of course, a few cases that had been submitted during the past few months and progressed without hiccup.

There is no epiphany at FBI. The namecheck quagmire continues to grow.

Nelsona,
I welcome your comments and I know you are a valuable contributor to the forum.

One of the issues you are facing is that your name check is not cleared and I had mentioned that IF the name check is cleared then it is almost done (implies that if it is not clear, then all bets are off). Because, you barely get one LUD before final approval that would imply that they do not do much after FP.
If you look at the LUDs of most approved people there is probably one LUD including the approval activity. I had been trending this for a while since I had gotten my FP done in April.

My original FP was done in March/April 2005. I got the next one after 24 months. I think the habit of 15-18 months FP does not apply to people who are NOT near the finish line - for example, retrogressed.

So, to clarify, if you get a FP after retrogression is cleared and if your name check is clear, you are almost there - not necessarily in terms of time but on procedures. You might have to wait a while for the last step to occur. However, only one step is left. If you get stuck at name check, you will keep getting renewals of FP and may not mean much. FP is a good sign if your track is clear and it indicates that there is only one more time the file needs to be picked up (the time it takes for this last step can vary). for non-retrogressed countries, the whole 485 process is taking about 9-12 months. So, the wait can't to too long after FP.

Hope that clarifies. Thanks
Ela

I merely said that your previous post was an oversimplification, not that it was wrong. Your need to Further explain and clarify it, proves my point. :D

Once FBI namecheck is done and has positive results (they found some info about you) the case will be sent for review to FDNS (Fraud Detection and National Security) unit within USCIS. It's USCIS, not FBI unit. FDNS has to review namecheck results before adjudication can continue.

How is security check different from name check? I thought they both are same and done by FBI..

igor_ch,
where did you get this piece of information? could you point me to a link?
thanks,

Once FBI namecheck is done and has positive results (they found some info about you) the case will be sent for review to FDNS (Fraud Detection and National Security) unit within USCIS. It's USCIS, not FBI unit. FDNS has to review namecheck results before adjudication can continue.

Generally, my postings are long to ensure that there is no confusion. We explain the same fact in different ways to different people. Does not mean that the first explanation is wrong or incomplete. If people don't get it (why they don't get it - you figure it out) you explain it differently.

So, me clarifying more does not mean that it does not explain everything in the first place. Just means some don't get it..

Ela
I merely said that your previous post was an oversimplification, not that it was wrong. Your need to Further explain and clarify it, proves my point. :D

Many cases were "pre-adjucated" meaning everything except the last step of pulling a visa number was done and ready for final step. so, once the priority date became current, all the pre-adjucated cases became approved. So, in a way, they were are all lined up near finish line.

Does not reflect much on name check/background clearance. Just a lot of backlog in service centers..
thanks
Ela
I am trying to digest how USCIS could approve tons of applications in June
and they didn't know about the trend in June when they possibly advised DOS about July visa number availability .

Is it that suddenly FBI cleared a ton of applications in June ?
Or, is it that the USCIS internal background check machinery cleared
applications in a flurry ?

There were two documents relating to this.

1. Testimony of MICHAEL J. MAXWELL:

In order for the FDNS to appropriately oversee the IBIS National Security/Terrorism-related hit resolution process, and also acquire significant data relevant to the background check process, it has been determined that HQ FDNS should receive notification on all National Security/Terrorism- related IBIS hits, and review all notifications before USCIS offices proceed with resolution.

2. Explanation of FBIQUERY system responses in USCIS interoffice memorandum dated Dec 21, 2006 (FBI Name Checks Policy and Process Clarification for Domestic Operations):

PR / Positive Response / An FBI repport was sent to HQ FDNS and will be forwarded to the local office. HQ FDNS forwards the report to the office shown as the File Control Office (FCO) in CIS. Do not proceed with the adjudication until the FBI report has been reviewed by the adjudicator and a determination is made based on the contents of the report.... <skipping a bunch of lines here> .... All FBI reports are sent to HQ FDNS for preliminary review before being forwarded to field offices and service centers. HQ FDNS will contact the third agencies identified by the FBI for the files referenced in the FBI's positive response record..... blah... blah... ... ... ...

igor_ch,
where did you get this piece of information? could you point me to a link?
thanks,

Late June 2007 Filers

I am an I-485 late filer in June 2007. We mailed our documents last June 26, until now, we have NOT received any receipt notice. PD is November 2004. Anybody in the same category as mine? Tnx!

I am an I-485 late filer in June 2007. We mailed our documents last June 26, until now, we have NOT received any receipt notice. PD is November 2004. Anybody in the same category as mine? Tnx!

dear etzoy
Sorry this Thread is for tracking for GC approvals for cases filed with PD 2001 and I485 ND of 2004 or earlier. You should put your message in a separate thread where the I485 has been filed in June 07 for which there is separate thread to get the answers.
Good Luck and all the best.
Suresh

Thanks Igor_ch,
i will take a look at the doc your referred over the weekend. you opened a new window for me on this matter. I had always thought that FBI is holding all the cases but it now appears to me that the cases stuck in name check are actually rotting in USCIS? I am a bit confused. but I will read more and ask more intelligent questions.

LC - PD Jan 2003, EB2, PA, RIR, PBEC, AD June 2006
I-140/485 - EB2, NSC, ND 7/20/2006
140, regular, AD 3/5/2007
485: FP 8/13/06, LUD: 8/13/6, 4/7/7, 4/10/7
1st service request 4/26/7, response 4/30/7--background investigation still pending.
info pass: no info provided.
2nd service request 7/2/7, no response yet

There were two documents relating to this.

1. Testimony of MICHAEL J. MAXWELL:

In order for the FDNS to appropriately oversee the IBIS National Security/Terrorism-related hit resolution process, and also acquire significant data relevant to the background check process, it has been determined that HQ FDNS should receive notification on all National Security/Terrorism- related IBIS hits, and review all notifications before USCIS offices proceed with resolution.

2. Explanation of FBIQUERY system responses in USCIS interoffice memorandum dated Dec 21, 2006 (FBI Name Checks Policy and Process Clarification for Domestic Operations):

PR / Positive Response / An FBI repport was sent to HQ FDNS and will be forwarded to the local office. HQ FDNS forwards the report to the office shown as the File Control Office (FCO) in CIS. Do not proceed with the adjudication until the FBI report has been reviewed by the adjudicator and a determination is made based on the contents of the report.... <skipping a bunch of lines here> .... All FBI reports are sent to HQ FDNS for preliminary review before being forwarded to field offices and service centers. HQ FDNS will contact the third agencies identified by the FBI for the files referenced in the FBI's positive response record..... blah... blah... ... ... ...

Make sure to read Y2007 report by USCIS Ombudsman as well. They give many interesting details about delays affecting AOS and Naturalization cases.

Thanks Igor_ch,
i will take a look at the doc your referred over the weekend. you opened a new window for me on this matter. I had always thought that FBI is holding all the cases but it now appears to me that the cases stuck in name check are actually rotting in USCIS? I am a bit confused. but I will read more and ask more intelligent questions.

LC - PD Jan 2003, EB2, PA, RIR, PBEC, AD June 2006
I-140/485 - EB2, NSC, ND 7/20/2006
140, regular, AD 3/5/2007
485: FP 8/13/06, LUD: 8/13/6, 4/7/7, 4/10/7
1st service request 4/26/7, response 4/30/7--background investigation still pending.
info pass: no info provided.
2nd service request 7/2/7, no response yet

dear etzoy
Sorry this Thread is for tracking for GC approvals for cases filed with PD 2001 and I485 ND of 2004 or earlier. You should put your message in a separate thread where the I485 has been filed in June 07 for which there is separate thread to get the answers.
Good Luck and all the best.
Suresh

No offence but did you read the thread header ?

Hi,
Please include/update my information in the 485 Nebraska tracker.
Thanks!

mmatravel
Priority Date: 05/15/2002
EB-2
I-140 Receipt Date: 05/17/2007
I-140 Approval Date: 05/18/2007
I-485 Receipt Date: 05/10/2007
LIN number: LIN-07159-xxxxx
Finger Print Notice Date: 05/24/2007
Finger Print Appointment Date: 06/14/2007

Where are all these approvals?

We have all heard about the fiasco @ USCIS and DOS for I-485. Apparently USCIS has approved closed to 70,000 applications in a month. 25,000 in the last 48 hours of June 30-July 1 but where are all these approvals. We havent seen much of the approvals on this site or any other site? Does anyone know whats going on?

Igor_ch was correct, and your previous understanding was correct too. For most people who are still stuck, the reason was FBI not able to send the reports (positive or negative) to the USCIS within a reasonable period of time. Although USCIS is the one responsible for reviewing the matching records (FBI just found them and sent to USCIS), so far it is the FBI that has been causing most of the delays.

Also even for complicated cases, it usually doesn't take too long for the FBI to process it, but the time it takes for an agent to actually get to a case is unpredictable. Check out the link in my signature and see if it helps.

Thanks Igor_ch,

there is always hope.

Ladies and gentlemen: there is always hope.

Finally I got the magic email yesterday 07/09/2007, the journey ended after over 6 years, I applied for labor through NY on Nov 2001 and went through all kind of issues: Delays, recession, NY SEAS delays issues and queries, move to the national centers, visa availability, 485 RFE, Name check and Finally I lost hope and stopped checking the status and other immigration web sites, then yesterday i got the email:

On July 9, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

I wish you all the best and do not lose hope your cases might be in the queue now waiting for final approval.

Approved..

Just cannot believe it....I got the below mail yesterday...

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 9, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Congratulations! Could you tell me what is your 485 RFE about?

Ladies and gentlemen: there is always hope.

Finally I got the magic email yesterday 07/09/2007, the journey ended after over 6 years, I applied for labor through NY on Nov 2001 and went through all kind of issues: Delays, recession, NY SEAS delays issues and queries, move to the national centers, visa availability, 485 RFE, Name check and Finally I lost hope and stopped checking the status and other immigration web sites, then yesterday i got the email:

On July 9, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

I wish you all the best and do not lose hope your cases might be in the queue now waiting for final approval.

Congratulations! Could you tell me what is your 485 RFE about?

Could someone please tell me why so many, like jack_xie here, are so fascinated by what another person's RFE was about?

Who cares?:eek: What they answer has no bearing on anyone else's case.
Each RFE is based on the case involved, and are usually quite simply answered.

If one has a specific question about an RFE they get, the ASK the question. Don't poll every mention of an RFE to find out if maybe, somehow, it will apply to you. :mad:

Congradulation Guys! I'm about to use AC21 and

transfering my H-1B (Valid until Sep.09) to the new Co.? Do I really need to transfer my wife H4 (Valid until Sep.09) too?

FYI..I spoke with two lawyers, one said H4 doesn't need to be transfered as long as it's valid, second said H4 is better off to transfer too?

Any insight would be really appreciated.