Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

USCIS just updated processing times.
NSC went back to June 26 from July 13 :mad: . They can just do whatever the heck they want to do and there is nothing one can do about it ... or is there?

I know, it's so depressing. I stared at it for a whole minute before it sunk in: IT's GONE BACKWARDS!

Thank god a friend of mine pointed me to this forum, and thank god the Indian diaspora has its act together. I don't feel quite so alone in my despair.

Where is the update??

USCIS just updated processing times.
NSC went back to June 26 from July 13 :mad: . They can just do whatever the heck they want to do and there is nothing one can do about it ... or is there?

Sorry guys, where did you find outthe updated time?? How come I still seeing the post dated as Jan 17 and the process time has not changed?

Plesae let me know where did you find it. Thanks

Be.. be. be. be....be.....

WOm is not useful anymore to clear namecheck. refer to immigration-law.com. this is a mysery.

02/21/2007: USCIS Criteria to Request Expedite of FBI Check

We recently reported that the USCIS would not request expedite of FBI check simply because a legal action of Mandamus was filed by the parties. Now the USCIS has just released the information on criteria for USCIS decision to request the FBI to expedite the checks. The criteria include:
1. Military deployment,
2. Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas,
3. Significant and compelling reasons, such as critical medical conditions, and
4. Loss of social security benefits or other subsistence at the discretion of the USCIS District Director.

Misery loves company.

I know, it's so depressing. I stared at it for a whole minute before it sunk in: IT's GONE BACKWARDS!

Thank god a friend of mine pointed me to this forum, and thank god the Indian diaspora has its act together. I don't feel quite so alone in my despair.

I can not see it either

Sorry guys, where did you find outthe updated time?? How come I still seeing the post dated as Jan 17 and the process time has not changed?

Plesae let me know where did you find it. Thanks

Be.. be. be. be....be.....

I can not see the new posted times either?

By the way you may find the original document for criteria for NC expedite attached below. It is dated Feb 20 and effective immidiately.

could be the cach problem...

I can not see the new posted times either?

By the way you may find the original document for criteria for NC expedite attached below. It is dated Feb 20 and effective immidiately.

I guess it was due to my IE cach the old page... After clean out the history and temp files, I got the page updated.

Really annoying now. I wish they can really working on processing those pending cases instead of playing around the date time game...

I guess it was due to my IE cach the old page... After clean out the history and temp files, I got the page updated.

Really annoying now. I wish they can really working on processing those pending cases instead of playing around the date time game...

I dont know if this date is any more realistic than the july 13th but it might be closer to what they are actually processing ..... huh but it might all be just guess I think they just pick a date on what case they are working on the day USCIS update the info.....

I can just see manager yelling from his office who has the oldest date and each cube is yelling back the date they are working on ;)

I dont know if this date is any more realistic than the july 13th but it might be closer to what they are actually processing ..... huh but it might all be just guess I think they just pick a date on what case they are working on the day USCIS update the info.....

I can just see manager yelling from his office who has the oldest date and each cube is yelling back the date they are working on ;)

Your musings are more realistic than you think. I haven't bothered looking at those processing dates in years, as they are almost meaningless. They do indeed represent the case9s) that they are holding in their hand at the moment the callout occurs.

It's like trying to figure out today's temperature by looking a newspaper from last month.

Your musings are more realistic than you think. I haven't bothered looking at those processing dates in years, as they are almost meaningless. They do indeed represent the case9s) that they are holding in their hand at the moment the callout occurs.

It's like trying to figure out today's temperature by looking a newspaper from last month.

did u send any letter or complaint to senators or white house or someone about ur case and ur namecheck?

Info pass didnt work for me

I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed on the day I went to local office to check my NC/I-485 status. That officer was rude, she didnt even care to listen to me........... all crap she was spitting out...........

I guess I would wait for a week and try again.

-----------------------------------
This is the best known method so far: https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php
It is not 100% since sometimes officers are tightlipped and not very friendly but most of the time they provide good and solid info.

Post #1259

Dear Friends,

It has been a long road to this day.

I began making friends on this forum since 2003 when I finally realized that my green card would take a long time to obtain.

After having to endure the DOL monthly updates and the dreaded, now processing: "April 2001" for what seemed forever - in fact it was forever. To almost reaching the front of the line at NY SWA, only to be derailed by the creation of the Backlog Centers.

After watching the backlog centers and having spent countless hours trying to figure out what they were doing...after waiting almost another two years...I was greeted with a notice of closure. Another ordeal in the green card saga. Thankfully, I made it through.

As insane as it may sound, I am thankful that USCIS swiftly approved my I-140 last week and my I-485 this week. Yes, I know, we have been trained well, we have been trained to be greatful for getting a quick approval in just 7 months.

It has been a long ride but it has been a good experience, getting the chance to interact with so many of you, through posts and some even via phone...

I consider all of you friends. mvinays, GreenCard2010, MDWatch, others. I wish you the best and a green card approval in the near future.

I have spent countless time on these forums, learning and trying to help. It's bitter-sweet. I look forward to a life where the green card is something I carry in my wallet and not something that consumes me. But I will miss you guys (and gals).

I won't disappear just yet, but I hope you will understand that it is time to look to the future.

Thank you God, for giving me the strength to wait, for good friends and a green card.

Good luck to all.

JustWatching

Not sure why it took so long time. I sent a letter to inquire my status two months after my PD became corrent (in Nov. 2006). I got letter say: Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter. Maybe before this letter nobody looked at my case.

congratulations JustWatching.

Keep watching and enjoy your freedom. It's been a tiring and stressful journey for each one of us and indeed good to see it is ending well for you.

bigbang2001

LUD on prior approved petitions

Hi all,

So, I'm one of those maniacs who logs in to check my case status online every single day ;)

Anyhow, my I-140 (that was approved in June last year) showed an LUD today. It's last LUD was when it got approved. I know LUDs dont really mean much, but does anyone have anything to share about old approved petitions being touched by their systems?

Thanks!

Dear Friends,

It has been a long road to this day.

I began making friends on this forum since 2003 when I finally realized that my green card would take a long time to obtain.

After having to endure the DOL monthly updates and the dreaded, now processing: "April 2001" for what seemed forever - in fact it was forever. To almost reaching the front of the line at NY SWA, only to be derailed by the creation of the Backlog Centers.

After watching the backlog centers and having spent countless hours trying to figure out what they were doing...after waiting almost another two years...I was greeted with a notice of closure. Another ordeal in the green card saga. Thankfully, I made it through.

As insane as it may sound, I am thankful that USCIS swiftly approved my I-140 last week and my I-485 this week. Yes, I know, we have been trained well, we have been trained to be greatful for getting a quick approval in just 7 months.

It has been a long ride but it has been a good experience, getting the chance to interact with so many of you, through posts and some even via phone...

I consider all of you friends. mvinays, GreenCard2010, MDWatch, others. I wish you the best and a green card approval in the near future.

I have spent countless time on these forums, learning and trying to help. It's bitter-sweet. I look forward to a life where the green card is something I carry in my wallet and not something that consumes me. But I will miss you guys (and gals).

I won't disappear just yet, but I hope you will understand that it is time to look to the future.

Thank you God, for giving me the strength to wait, for good friends and a green card.

Good luck to all.

JustWatching

congrats, u finally made it. this is great man. very happy for u. have u been stuck in the namecheck? do u have any info about that?

JW, enjoy your freedom!
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and helping others. This thread was the most useful for me on this forum. I have not been on this forum for a long time (even though my immigration saga starts in 2001) but it helped immenselly in these last few months. I managed to get detached from the anxiety wrt immigration process for a long time but these last 6 months, after finally getting LC and seeing the end may be near I became really nervous ... This is where this forum and this thread in particular helped a lot.
I hope it will continue to live for the sake of us who are still waiting.
Dear Friends,

It has been a long road to this day ...

Question for GC 'waiters':
What will you do first when you finally get the email:
I will take off from work for a drink(s), immediatelly ;) . The morning after is the new resume time, of course.

Guys who got their happy emails like JW and green_ocean are also welcome to share the happy thoughts here. Maybe they can provide some good, tested ideas ;)