Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

485 Approved

I received the emails today that I485 was approved for me but not for my spouse. Is this normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
vali said:
I received the emails today that I485 was approved for me but not for my spouse. Is this normal?

congrats,

any idea why ur i485 was a little late? were u stuck in namecheck or what?

My name check was pending until 3 months ago and during this time all my applications (140,765,131,485) were onhold.

antonioa77 said:
congrats,

any idea why ur i485 was a little late? were u stuck in namecheck or what?

vali said:
My name check was pending until 3 months ago and during this time all my applications (140,765,131,485) were onhold.

how did u know that ur namecheck was stuck? when ur namecheck was initiated and when it was cleared? from which country r u?

how common is ur name?

did u do anythin to clear ur name?

When I took an infopass appointment to get the interim EAD I found out that all applications were onhold due to name check. I am from Eastern Europe and my name is not common. I did nothing to clear the name check other than to inquiry when the applications were outside processing dates.

antonioa77 said:
how did u know that ur namecheck was stuck?

when ur namecheck was initiated and when it was cleared? from which country r u?

how common is ur name?

did u do anythin to clear ur name?

vali said:
When I took an infopass appointment to get the interim EAD I found out that all applications were onhold due to name check. I am from Eastern Europe and my name is not common. I did nothing to clear the name check other than to inquiry when the applications were outside processing dates.

so can u tell me when exactly ur namecheck was cleared? maybe they told u in the infopass. did they tell u when it was even initiated? i'm trying to c how long namecheck takes sometimes if u r stuck.

by the way, ead and AP and i140 are independent of whether ur namecheck got cleared or not.

I thought the same but it seems there are (few) cases where a pending name check can keep everything on hold.
I can only aproximate that the name check was cleared mid September.

antonioa77 said:
so can u tell me when exactly ur namecheck was cleared? maybe they told u in the infopass. did they tell u when it was even initiated? i'm trying to c how long namecheck takes sometimes if u r stuck.

by the way, ead and AP and i140 are independent of whether ur namecheck got cleared or not.

vali said:
I thought the same but it seems there are (few) cases where a pending name check can keep everything on hold.
I can only aproximate that the name check was cleared mid September.

but u said that u did an infopass 3 motnhs and they told u that ur namecheck was pending still. so the infopass was in sep. but how u knew then after that also in september ur namecheck got cleared? sory but i'm interested in knowing how this stupid namecheck thing works.

Antonioa77,

I perfectly understand your frustration with the entire process. Unfortunately the name check experiences differ greatly from person to person. I can range from 1 day to 2-3 years and it seems there is no discernable pattern. One thing is sure though - once you are out of name check you'll get the GC in about 1-3 months.

My last infopass was in August when I was told that my name check was still pending.

antonioa77 said:
but u said that u did an infopass 3 motnhs and they told u that ur namecheck was pending still. so the infopass was in sep. but how u knew then after that also in september ur namecheck got cleared? sory but i'm interested in knowing how this stupid namecheck thing works.

vali said:
Antonioa77,

I perfectly understand your frustration with the entire process. Unfortunately the name check experiences differ greatly from person to person. I can range from 1 day to 2-3 years and it seems there is no discernable pattern. One thing is sure though - once you are out of name check you'll get the GC in about 1-3 months.

My last infopass was in August when I was told that my name check was still pending.

i know it is arbitrary but my question to u how did u know that it was cleared around mid sep? u called uscis or got a new infopass or what?

Primary case was approved today from NSC. Dep case received RFE. When we called 1 week back we were told that both name checks were cleared and the cases were with officer and we should hear in 30 days. So looks like they actually kept that word.

Now the wait for the RFE.....

gc_rush said:
Primary case was approved today from NSC. Dep case received RFE. When we called 1 week back we were told that both name checks were cleared and the cases were with officer and we should hear in 30 days. So looks like they actually kept that word.

Now the wait for the RFE.....

congrats,

any idea when the namecheck got cleared?

antonioa77 said:
congrats,

any idea when the namecheck got cleared?

The namechk for the primary cleared in a couple of days of applying. For the dep, it was pending, till 2 months back. So probably cleared in 4-6 months since applying.

How many days to reply the RFE

Hello

Can u just give me Idea what was the RFE for and How many Days we have to Reply the RFE ????

Thanks

gc_rush said:
The namechk for the primary cleared in a couple of days of applying. For the dep, it was pending, till 2 months back. So probably cleared in 4-6 months since applying.

shovonbd said:
Hello

Can u just give me Idea what was the RFE for and How many Days we have to Reply the RFE ????

Thanks

No idea what the RFE was about. How long does it take to receive the RFE? Even I am looking to find out how long we have to respond.

What kind of RFE's do they have for dep's case?

Hopefully it will be small thing like missing date or resend one of the forms ,etc....

my RFE took about 1 week to show at the lawyer office, and it takes about 2 weeks to notice your reply on NSC mail room.

gc_rush said:
No idea what the RFE was about. How long does it take to receive the RFE? Even I am looking to find out how long we have to respond.

What kind of RFE's do they have for dep's case?

RFE Update

My lawyer received the RFE. Its about my Birth Certificate. The birth certificate was not from the hospital and its from the local govt. They want additional evidence like medical records or education records that show parents names and date of birth.

I haven't seen the RFE yet but that is what I was told over phone. My lawyer said this is a common RFE.

I also talked to USCIS. My name check is still pending.

If anybody else got the above type of RFE, pls share what you sent.

Thay gave me 90 days time.

Just Watching Please update my Info

I-485 RFE's Issued on 11/1/06 (Myself primary applicant):
- Birth Certificate
- Prove of Marriage (Joint Acct, Joint Tax Return, Joint Lease)

I 485 RFE Issued on 11/01/06 (Wife as dependent)
- Prove of her status since she came into country as student (All I-94, I20, and H4).

RFE Replied on 12/08/06

RFE Received: 12/12/06

You can also update my country info. I am from "Pakistan"