Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

KMax What was your RFE about?

on the EAD they asked for a color copy of an ID, and for the I-140 they asked for a licence that my job requires. my I-140 got approved 10 days after the RFE was received by USCIS, but on the EAD 8 days have passed and i dont see any LUDS at all on it too.

They approved EAD

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 6, 2006, we ordered production of your new card
FINALLY I RECEIVED AN EMAIL TODAY 12/08/06 TELLING ME THAT

I went to the local USCIS office today (on infopass appointment). They say that my FBI background check was initiated on June 1, 2006 and is still pending. The I-485 receipt date is May 24, 2006. There is no indication on when it's expected back from FBI, but the lady told me she had seen some background checks pending for 3-4 years... I just hope it won't happen to me.

Given so few recent approvals, I'm wondering if everybody is stuck in FBI background checks these days...

Why only approve EAD if you PD is current???????

Why the heck would CIS only approve your EAD when it's obvious that your PD is current? I mean, they had to get your file out to look at it? This makes little sense to me. It's a nightware to put up with this long wait........

igor_ch said:
I went to the local USCIS office today (on infopass appointment). They say that my FBI background check was initiated on June 1, 2006 and is still pending. The I-485 receipt date is May 24, 2006. There is no indication on when it's expected back from FBI, but the lady told me she had seen some background checks pending for 3-4 years... I just hope it won't happen to me.

Given so few recent approvals, I'm wondering if everybody is stuck in FBI background checks these days...

I too had an Infopass appointment in San Jose, CA today and I got to know that my case is also stuck in security check. USCIS sent my security check request to FBI on July 24, 06 and has not received the clearance yet. Interesting though, my wife's security check came back from the FBI the same day - July 24, 06. The infopass officer said that her case is ready to be processed, but they will wait for my (primary) clearance, in order to process my wife's case.. man, this sucks, big time. First, BEC mess and now this BCS security check mess. But I should count on my blessings too..

Now what could be our options? :

1. wait for a year from the 485 RD and file WOM
2. sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight for 2-3 years
3. use EAD to work two jobs and make money or learn new skills/certifications, knowing very well that it's not gonna come in 2-3 years

Name Check...some info

As some of you probably know by now, USCIS is deploying a new system to help them manage security checks - BCS. I get a sense that it will not have a great impact on actual security check timeframes - as long as FBI continues to do the actual name check for example.

Having said that, I found a memo from USCIS with the following info regarding FBI name checks:

Initial responses for this check take approximately 2 weeks.
In about 80% of checks no match is found.
Of the remaining 20% most are resolved within 6 months.
Less than 1% of cases take more than 6 months.

JW

JustWatching said:
As some of you probably know by now, USCIS is deploying a new system to help them manage security checks - BCS. I get a sense that it will not have a great impact on actual security check timeframes - as long as FBI continues to do the actual name check for example.

Having said that, I found a memo from USCIS with the following info regarding FBI name checks:

JW

Yeah, I read about the new BCS system for security checks, but from the wordings it seems like it's just another tool for uscis convenience. Let's hope it helps the timeframe as well.

I read somewhere that the FBI charges uscis around $4 for one security check (not sure though). DHS can increase this fees considerably and pass it on to the applicants. I guess they're raising the 485 fees in a couple months. Hopefully, that and the new BCS system would expedite the security checks. Go DHS!

JustWatching, thanks for the info!

For those interested in reading the full text, here is the link: http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html

So, I'm officially past 6 months wait mark, but not by much... 6 months and 1 week total wait for the FBI background check.

JustWatching said:

JW

vine95050 said:
I guess I'll try to find about my security check in a couple of months again... Good luck on your case!

how come that most people on this forum their namecheck are not cleared quickly, and at the same time USCIS says that just 20 % of the cases pend for more than 2 weeks to be cleared?

is it by coincidence that almost everybody here is stuck with namecheck?

my conclusion that those 20 % of USCIS is a joke. I think maybe 40 to 50 % of the people get stuck with the namecheck.

now concerning this new BCS program, I beleive that it will not make any change in expediting the namecheck. BCS is used just by USCIS but the problem is in the FBI hands.

antonioa77 said:
how come that most people on this forum their namecheck are not cleared quickly, and at the same time USCIS says that just 20 % of the cases pend for more than 2 weeks to be cleared?

is it by coincidence that almost everybody here is stuck with namecheck?

my conclusion that those 20 % of USCIS is a joke. I think maybe 40 to 50 % of the people get stuck with the namecheck.

now concerning this new BCS program, I beleive that it will not make any change in expediting the namecheck. BCS is used just by USCIS but the problem is in the FBI hands.

They might have numbers to back up their claim of 20% etc. You may be right though, as their numbers might be outdated by now.

Last week when I called the customer service they said my file is with the officer for review and they said my name check cleared. But, my LUD never changed and it changed on the day I went for FP and on the next day.

Dose this mean I am almost there for approval?

-------------------------------------
P.D: Current, EB1C, India

I-140 RD:09/2005, Transfered to NSC from VSC 07/06 RFE: 09/06, RFE Replied: 10/26/2006 AD:10/30/06

I-485 NSC
RD:08/10/06
FP: 10/27/06
LUD:10/27 and 10/28

i see some 485s in TSC getting approved in a month while people at NSC do not have receipt notice yet. this is totally nuts and i can't take this anymore.
can we file a complaint anywhere?
has anyone decided to refile 485 and suceeded being sent to TSC?

maheshwar said:
Last week when I called the customer service they said my file is with the officer for review and they said my name check cleared. But, my LUD never changed and it changed on the day I went for FP and on the next day.

Dose this mean I am almost there for approval?

-------------------------------------
P.D: Current, EB1C, India

I-140 RD:09/2005, Transfered to NSC from VSC 07/06 RFE: 09/06, RFE Replied: 10/26/2006 AD:10/30/06

I-485 NSC
RD:08/10/06
FP: 10/27/06
LUD:10/27 and 10/28

ya u can expect approval anytime now. can u inquire when ur namecheck got cleared? did it clear in 1 week , 1 month or 3 months or what? this info will help some people here get a feel how long some namechecks are taking nowadays. it will be a favor for everybody if u can call back and ask them. thanks and good luck.

Nebraska working Overtime?

I got a LUD today saturday yes 12/09/06, telling me they mail me approval notice of my -765 by mail. I hurd that they were working over time but probably now i understant that is true.

I-485 RFE within 1 month of RD/ND

Yesterday (Dec 8th Friday) night I received 5 e-mails from the automated system for my I-485. My notice date is Nov 8th 2006. The following is the status.

"Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence."

And it also said they mailed out the letter on Dec 5th.

I have not gotten any FP notice or anything else.

Did anybody have an RFE this soon before FP notice? Please share your experience. Any guess on what my RFE could be about?

I will share the details of RFE after my lawyer receives it next week.

Thanks

What about RFE after finger prints

Did any one got any RFE after finger prints? i have not seen luds after the next day besides that nothing alse hopefully not RFE at all

Miamivice4u said:
Did any one got any RFE after finger prints? i have not seen luds after the next day besides that nothing alse hopefully not RFE at all

maybe ur namecheck got cleared, this is why they looked at ur i485 application. call them on the 1-800 number and talk with NSC and ask them about ur namecheck status. or just get an infopass apointment and ask.