Consequences of travelling w/ Emergency AP??

GC_seeker_CA

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

My AP has been applied at VSC on - RD 01/26/04

There has been a lot of delay at VSC for issuing AP's due to lack of security paper and many folks at this forum have been waiting for >5 months.

However, my sister is getting married in June and atleast one of us had to attend. I also know that I can apply for emergency AP at the local INS office by possibly showing a doctors certificate. My concerns are:

1) If I get emergency AP for my wife in May, what will happen to the pending AP that has still not arrived. Does it get cancelled automatically?

2) Will INS abandone her GC processing thinking she left before AP approval or will their records show that she has travelled on emergency AP.

3) Are there any other negative consequences from travelling on emergency AP.

Please Advise
GC_Seeker_CA

GC Seeker...i will be really interested in ur scenario as mine is pretty much the same....keep us all posted here. I dont think there is any prob travelling on emergency AP....the question is, can I get an emergency AP or not at the local INS? Does INS consider family weddings as emergency?

hey GC...can you please post your 485 RD/ND dates and service center info? just curious. mine's march 2002 - vsc

1. No it willnot. Sometimes the emergency AP is given only for a few months , instead of 1 whole year

2.No, AP is what it is used for- admission back into US when a 485 is pending and most important - not resulting in abandonment. I would suggest use the emergent reason for both of your emergency APs. DO it at least 15 days before date of travel.

3. None.

Thank you for your reply Jaxen

cricfan my RD is Jan 26th at VSC...I read elsewhere that currently AP is taking 4 months and 4 days - hope this helps and let me know if you get any info.

thanx gc_Seeker. i also was asking ur 485 RD/ND dates....I just applied for AP last week! lets c how it goes.