CongressMan Letter

sshyam

Registered Users (C)
To those who got the congressman letter to support documents-
did they directly fax/email to the respective consulate or did you get a hard copy to submit along with other docs to the consulate?
I tried this but didnt get any hardcopy. I'm not sure how this is going to help.

Thanks for the reply but I really didnt understand very well your answer. My question is if we dont get a hard copy & only email directly to the consulate, how do we refer our case with the email that would be sent directly to the consulate general?

I am trying to contact a congressman to write a letter to the consulate. Would you please share the sample letter you used for your congressman? THank you.

trying for the same

Please let me know when u get the format. I am waiting for the same. I just sent an e-mail to the congressman's office requesting one. Is that how try to contact them. Or is there other ways ?

Letter from consulate

I went to Congrassman office last Thursday and handed the office a letter I wrote to congrassman. Congrassman office put a cover letter, together with my letter faxed to consulate in Beijing. The consulate in Beijing faxed back an explanization saying "I have reviewed the application, but I can find no basis on which to overturn the consular officer's original decistion. I regret that the outcome of this case could not be more positive, but you may be assured that her application has received every consideration appropriate under U.S. law".

Now what can we do next?