Congressman Help!!!

alonglonwait4gc

Registered Users (C)
I am opeining a new thread so we can share our exp about senator or congressman office.
I contacted senator Clinton office several time send out fax twice(Nov 06 & Jan 07) but no one ever responded to my msg's or my faxes.
I contacted Congressman office last week the lady told me to fax my info to her and she stated that they will ccontact USCIS and let me know by mail. So far didn't rec'd any response...
Is any one know how long the congressman office usualy takes to contact USCIS.

I contacted my State's congressman office via email about 10 times in a month in November 2006 and I got reply everytime within a day, and a update on my case within 2 to 3 days.

thanks

alonglonwait4gc said:
I am opeining a new thread so we can share our exp about senator or congressman office.
I contacted senator Clinton office several time send out fax twice(Nov 06 & Jan 07) but no one ever responded to my msg's or my faxes.
I contacted Congressman office last week the lady told me to fax my info to her and she stated that they will ccontact USCIS and let me know by mail. So far didn't rec'd any response...
Is any one know how long the congressman office usualy takes to contact USCIS.

I think that may be one difference...

... between NY and KS. I'd guess the number of emails, letters, and calls each receives on a daily basis is considerably different. And NY and other big cities in the East and West coasts have far more EB-based immigration applicants and those citizens who want to bring their foreign spouse/fiance to this country (and I think in this case congress people's priority is the latter, because they are their constituency and we are not...).

I'm in a mid-west state. Should I need to contact my senator/congressperson, I will report how it goes.

generally its just a simple letter to them

sometimes a lo tof congressmen have a standard template..some ask you send a letter giving your details and explaining the problem you want them to investigate.

For most part you can chat with the person in charge of immigration at your local congressman or senator;'s ofifce and they will ask you to fill a form with your details and authorizing them to do a query on your behalf. They will take it from there and send mail to the agency in question.

Is there any model letter to address to congressmen ?

Good luck!!!

I contacted my local senetor twice and they responsed each time with in a month. They contacted USCIS and gave me standard answer that it going through normal process.

I contacted my local senetor twice and they responsed each time with in a month. They contacted USCIS and gave me standard answer that it going through normal process.

I just faxed a request to congressman in North Carolina, I will see what will happen.