Congratulations!! Your passed your civic and english test.....

playmaker

Registered Users (C)
My cousin went for interview today in Dallas Texas and she was told she has been approved. She got a letter saying "Congratulations! You have passed english and civic test and your application has been recomended for approval.." What does this mean recomended for approval? I thought the IO who interviews you is the one who has the final decision like my situation..Could there be any reason to deny her citizenship? Is this a common thing?

Anyone who has gone thru the same experience or if you have any idea please help?

My cousin went for interview today in Dallas Texas and she was told she has been approved. She got a letter saying "Congratulations! You have passed english and civic test and your application has been recomended for approval.." What does this mean recomended for approval? I thought the IO who interviews you is the one who has the final decision like my situation..Could there be any reason to deny her citizenship? Is this a common thing?

Anyone who has gone thru the same experience or if you have any idea please help?

It's just a processing procedure thing. There is a quality check after ALL N-400 interviews for ANY decision whether to grant or deny. It is a VERY LOW percentage where a mistake is found that would stop or delay it at this point. Next thing to expect is an invitation to an Oath Ceremony.

As others have already chimed in, it likely means she is approved. I am surprised though, she was not offered the same day oath. Did she check if there was an oath ceremony today?

i got the same thing and waiting for oath letter. officer told me that i was recommended for approval but didn't get the oath letter. officer told me that i will get it in two to three weeks time. its already two weeks but haven't received it yet.........