• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Congratulations and Sorry's and Thanks :)

TonyBlack

Registered Users (C)
Hey yall,

Today ,my nightmare came true , I didn't make the cut for DV-2008 although I got the first letter that entered me to the lottery early in May of 2007 (check my profile to see my progress into DV-2008).

I just wrote to congratulate everyone who made it (DV-2008).

This forum has been very helpful for the past year and it's a good thing that I came here to learn that not everyone who get's a lottery ticket automatically wins the green card.I would name a few people here who helped me but that would be unfair since we all helped each other. But the person who really got me going was LucyMo ...thanks Lucy :) your posts are really helpful, and thanks to everyone else who contributed.

Since I didn't get DV-2009 invite letter into the lottery for this year I think I will just have to apply for DV-2010 which is in November, hoping that this is not the last DV cause of some rumours I have been getting about this being the last DV lottery.

Again , congratulations to all the winners (people who got the actual green card and are in the states right now or waiting to go).

I hope that I will be joining you soon in 2010. :p

In the mean time am working hard to make money here in my native country so that if I win 2010 and since I know all the expenses involved in the process , I will be able to pay for everything and relax without any hustle maybe even buy real estate property when I finally get to the states.

I suggest that if there are others like me out there , just continue with your life as normal, I know that is what I am going to do.

I hope I get a low number next time.

Bye.

Hey yall,

Today ,my nightmare came true , I didn't make the cut for DV-2008 although I got the first letter that entered me to the lottery early in May of 2007 (check my profile to see my progress into DV-2008).

I just wrote to congratulate everyone who made it (DV-2008).

This forum has been very helpful for the past year and it's a good thing that I came here to learn that not everyone who get's a lottery ticket automatically wins the green card.I would name a few people here who helped me but that would be unfair since we all helped each other. But the person who really got me going was LucyMo ...thanks Lucy :) your posts are really helpful, and thanks to everyone else who contributed.

Since I didn't get DV-2009 invite letter into the lottery for this year I think I will just have to apply for DV-2010 which is in November, hoping that this is not the last DV cause of some rumours I have been getting about this being the last DV lottery.

Again , congratulations to all the winners (people who got the actual green card and are in the states right now or waiting to go).

I hope that I will be joining you soon in 2010. :p

In the mean time am working hard to make money here in my native country so that if I win 2010 and since I know all the expenses involved in the process , I will be able to pay for everything and relax without any hustle maybe even buy real estate property when I finally get to the states.

I suggest that if there are others like me out there , just continue with your life as normal, I know that is what I am going to do.

I hope I get a low number next time.

Bye.

Thank you so much TonyBlack.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavor.I won the lottery recently and I am now in the United states. I actually flew from Kenya.I miss Kenya.All the best for you friend.

I remember that I was one of the people who told you not to give up hope too early. I am honestly sorry that your number was too high after all. But I guess it is better not to have an interview than having an interview late in September and then not get the visa because of a background check, etc after having paid all the fees.
I wish you good luck for the future!

Hi all,
TonyBlack, i am so sorry that your CN did not go current. We are in a situation where our interview date is late september.
Igmu,pls can u expatiate better on this issue of background check and if there is anything one can do to mitigate its effect.

Igmu,pls can u expatiate better on this issue of background check and if there is anything one can do to mitigate its effect.
Sometimes the embassy cannot give you the visa without a detailed background check. This can take from several weeks up to several months. If this background check is not completed before September 30, you will not get your visa (and you don't get the money back). It depends e.g. on your nationality and your name (if it is a frequent name, there is the chance that someone with the same name shows up in the database as having committed some crimes which makes a more detailed check necessary).

Sorry, Tony, that it happened this way. I wish it didn't. Good luck next time! And remember - some people do win again, and again! And eventually, they get the visas!

Oh ! I really feel sorry for you !!! But,don't give up ! I wish you will win the DV 2010 and can get the green card in near future ! I pray for you !

For me,I won the green card lottey this year of DV 2009.My case number is quite high AS25XXX.But,I think I still have chance to get the 2nd NL.Everyday,I pray for it ! And hopefully I think I can get the green card.

I'm now trying my best to save money as much as possible before my interview because I don't have much money in my bank account.Although I have an apartment,I think I should have much money in my bank account to show that I have ability to go to the United States and can live there without worry ! My mom said she will sell her small apartment to give me money about US$10000 but I think it's not enough.So,now I'm earning extra money.I work at the hotel as the restaurant captain in the daytime and then work at the supermarket as the cashier part time in the night time.It's really tired that I work two jobs but I must try to save atleast US$15000 before my interview.Moreover,if I get the green card,I want to study Hotel management degree in the US.So,that's why I need money very much !I will study and work part time !

Finally,I'm sure that I really want to live,work and study in the United States.That's my dream !!!

And for those who won the green card lottery,I hope all of you can get the green card !!!

With best wishes,
Tseng Po Wen
Taipei,Taiwan

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep trying. I did the lottery since 2000 and never got it until my wife won it last year.

Tony Black , Your shock on this forum mirrored mine when I discovered that the first letter did not mean you get the visa and that it was dependant on the rank number. I am sorry it did not work out for you. I read of a case in the SAUSA forum where a guy won in the 10 th year of trying! So don't throw your hat in as yet it could still happen. All the best.

Hi all,
TonyBlack, i am so sorry that your CN did not go current. We are in a situation where our interview date is late september.

Regarding the background check, it basically depends on which country you from, or if you have previously been to the United States.If you are from north Africa or the middle the east or you have previously been in to the United States the background check is gonna take long. For example in a country like Kenya which is Eastern Africa, you will probably get your immigrant visa in 4 days if you are alone or in 10 days if you have a family and have all the documents.

sorry to hear !!!!i was shure that you will get the visa after all!!JESUS !!!what a disapointment;;;;about beckground check its 100% true -IF YOU ARE FROM MUSLIM COUNTRY background check would take forever so I personaly if Im from any of those countrys would never paricipate in the GC lottery at the first place (so many things could go wrong that it simply not worth it + you have whole new problem once you get to USA -its basicly hostile envirovemt right now for anyone from MID EAST ) ;for example EUROPEAN winners would get their visas in a day or two (or very same day )

Background check would take forever?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , not worth it, whole new problem?!!!!!!!!!, what do you mean exactly?

Last edited by a moderator: