Confused: Which i94 # to fill on i485 application

kkebero

Registered Users (C)
Dear Forum Memebers, I need your help.

I am an Asylee. My last entry to the US was on Nov 21, 2006. I was granted asylum on September 19, 2007.

I am applying for AOS. But i am confused as to which i94 # to put in Part 1 of the application( the one which is to the right of the Date of Last Arrival).

When i was granted asylum, the officer took my old i94 and gave me a new one with with different number.

My question is: should i fill the old i94 number or the one i am given by the officer? Which one of the following options is right, if any, to fill in Date of Last Arrival and I94 # on PArt 1 of i485-

1. Date of last arrival: Nov 21, 2006(last entry at airport) and I94 number of Nov 21, 2006.(given at the Airport)

2. Date of last arrival: Sept 19, 2007 (date asylum granted) and I94 number of Sept 19, 2007 (given by the Asylum officer)

3. Date of last arrival: Nov 21, 2006(last entry at airport) and I94 number of Sept 19, 2007 (given by the Asylum officer)

Thank you very much!!

I am an Asylee. My last entry to the US was on Nov 21, 2006. I was granted asylum on September 19, 2007.

I am applying for AOS. But i am confused as to which i94 # to put in Part 1 of the application( the one which is to the right of the Date of Last Arrival).

When i was granted asylum, the officer took my old i94 and gave me a new one with with different number.

My question is: should i fill the old i94 number or the one i am given by the officer? Which one of the following options is right, if any, to fill in Date of Last Arrival and I94 # on PArt 1 of i485-

1. Date of last arrival: Nov 21, 2006(last entry at airport) and I94 number of Nov 21, 2006.(given at the Airport)

2. Date of last arrival: Sept 19, 2007 (date asylum granted) and I94 number of Sept 19, 2007 (given by the Asylum officer)

3. Date of last arrival: Nov 21, 2006(last entry at airport) and I94 number of Sept 19, 2007 (given by the Asylum officer)

Thank you very much!!

They should have given you a new I-94 when you were granted asylum. You still have one month before you are eligible to apply for your GC. If you were not given a new I-94, you should make an infopass and get a new one stating you got asylum.

Mesbahul, Thanks for the reply!

Yes the Officer took the old one and gave me new I94 card. My question is which one should i use on i485. The old one or the one with asylum status stamped on it?

Note: I am thinking of copying the old i94 number from my copy of i589.

Why i got confused is because of the colmn Last Date of Arrival.

Thanks again!

Mesbahul, Thanks for the reply!

Yes the Officer took the old one and gave me new I94 card. My question is which one should i use on i485. The old one or the one with asylum status stamped on it?

Note: I am thinking of copying the old i94 number from my copy of i589.

Why i got confused is because of the colmn Last Date of Arrival.

Thanks again!

If you are referring to part 1 of the application, you have to put the new I-94 number. In part 3 you put the I-94 info you used to enter the country.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! How about date of last arrival? Should it be my last entry or the date asylum was granted?

I heard some people got their Asylum based GC within four mnths. Hope the trend will keep like this...

Good luck with your GC!

----
Yet To File

Thank you very much!!

what did you use i have the same problem ? please let me know

Thanks! How about date of last arrival? Should it be my last entry or the date asylum was granted?

I heard some people got their Asylum based GC within four mnths. Hope the trend will keep like this...

Good luck with your GC!

----
Yet To File

and yes its 4 month for both of us cause our name check is still valid for 18 month
so we dont need a new name check and they said that there goal was 6 month in 08 and for 09 its 4 month after they rasied the fee

Koteya:

Part 1 on i-485: the new i-94 # given with the asylum approval.
Date of Last arrival: Date at Point of Entry.

FYI: i have done the Code-3 Biometric and still waiting for decision. On Nov-26, it will be exactly 3 months since RD/ND.

Hi which i-94 should i use,i have the one i got from the day i got to america and another new one after asylum approval/granted
secondly what does last date of entry mean on from i-486? is the last date in which i entered USA soil?