Confused about Service Center I-485 processing dates for EB3, EB2..

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am confused about how VSC I-485 processing dates. I always thought that once the priority dates become current INS does'nt differentiates between EB2 or EB3 category. But now I have seen almost 4-5 instances of cases filed under Eb2 and EB3 categories with current priority date - where EB2 category case gets approved way before the Service Center's current processing time and the EB3 case gets stuck up for quite a while even after the processing dates become current? So what's the logic - I know it's difficult to find any logic behind the way INS works but still I have been noticing this subtle diffference between EB2 & Eb3 cases for quite a while which has never been addressed before.

Experts please throw some light on this issue....

For an I-485 to be approved 2 conditions must be met. Priority date must be current and they must have reached your file.

Also take into account that the eb3 category is oversubscribed while the eb-2 is not. From time to time visas become unavailable in eb3 category.

I always thought that once the priority dates become current INS does'nt differentiates between EB2 or EB3 category.

This is right to some extent if there is visa number available. If no visa number available, do not look at those dates.

processing dates

EB3 has been unavailable for several weeks. So anybody in EB3 will be stuck until at least October.

How come there is no processing dates published for Aug 2008.Also how do I got about finding my I-140 receipt no.I havent had much luck from my employer or lawyer.My case is in TSC.Any contact no?All I get is an automated message.Any inputs.

.Also how do I got about finding my I-140 receipt no.I havent had much luck from my employer or lawyer.My case is in TSC.Any contact no?All I get is an automated message.Any inputs.

My employer did not tell me the I-140 receipt number either but I found it this summer. I found it in the package the lawyer put together when they filed for H1B renewal. They have to give you this documentation (a copy of it) and the documentation needs to contain the I-140, and I-485, if any, receipt documents. :cool:

USCIS Processing Dates

In the USCIS website the Processing dates for I485 employment category in nebraska service center is given as 10th Aug 2007 as of July 15th.

But the real data seems to contradict these , i seen for countries other than india and china getting approvals for even those who filed in 2008 :confused:

so the processing dates does not make any sense, the real reason they kept in 2007 , is to avoid the service requests being created.I don't know what happens to the First In First Out policy of USCIS.

I think the USCIS is processing cases filed in 2008 by other countries applicants due to the country wise limit imposed for the number of green cards issued per year.

I think they will never publish the processing dates for August 2008.