• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Conflict between Green Card through employer and Diversity Lottery

Koosh

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am going through the Green Card process via my employer and was wondering whether pursuing the lottery route may adversely affect my chances either way. Thank you.

dv 2005

I'm also winner of dv-2005 from Asia(4xxx). My employment base case has been pending with USCIS. Actually, my I-485 has been transfered to Atlanta for interview on May18 after approval of my I-140. I talk to couple of attorneys and INS officer at Atlanta, They told me I have to withdraw my currrent I-485 if I filed Dv2005. Also they suggest me, it is better to stay employment base case. I don't know what should I do?......

you can wait till May 18, and then if the interview for employment based GC is unsuccessful, quickly file for DV - whether CP or AOS - up to you.

Actually, I have read that you can still have EB AOS and opt for CP in DV case, and have two cases run concurrently. I have also read that you can have two AOS cases at the same time, and at the interview for one you will be offered to abandon the other. :)

for example, I have AOS based on marriage, and I still played the lottery and if I win, I'd go for CP for DV.

Dv-2005

Friends,
Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, my EB case is based on 245i, I mean was out of status couple of years after I finished my school. I don't know I will be eligible for DV or not.

where you on F-1 with D/S in your I-94? When did INS find out that you were out of status on F-1 and determine that your illegal presense started ticking? I think you will be alright if you had D/S in your I-94 since you don't start accumulating illegal present in this case UNTIL INS makes a determination that you are out of status. Talk to a lawyer. A good one.