CONFIRMED: VSC processing in two different centers !!!!!!1

Red_Card

Registered Users (C)
This is what my senator's assistant told me. This senator was a member of some immigration committe before.

VSC is processing in 2 different centers. One handling 2002 and the other 2003 cases.

1) Center 1: VSC
Handling
All 2001
All 2002
Jan,Feb,march 2003 cases
All 2004 cases

2) Center 2 : ???
Handling April, May...... til Oct 2003 ( 6 months)

By March 2005, they have target to complete < Oct 2003 cases.
So Hold tight.

I was told that they have moved the files physically to different locations. That's exactly we are seeing approvals which have two different date ranges.

Is it based on RD date or ND date ?
It explains what we see. Who is your senator BTW?

Amurat

Thanks very much for sharing this information Red_Card!

This seems to explain some of what we are seeing but I'd still like to know why the approvals are so sporadic. If the 2nd center really is working through > April 2003 cases why have we seen some Aug/Sept (and even Oct/Nov) 2003 approvals when there are many earlier cases which aren't approved?

Compare the I-485 situation with the I-140 stage -- it was pretty easy to see the approvals moving in order through the 2003 tracker and most people got their approval within a couple weeks of when the tracker predicted they would.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have some people at each center who are scanning ahead and trying to approve "easy" cases if possible (the multiple wave theory)...

ETA

I'm sorry I can't disclose any names.
I guess VSC is doing this deliberately to reduce the average backlog time by taking an approcah which is really stupid. By clearing recently files cases and still sitting on 2002 cases, they are tyring to fool everybody

I know we should be looking at the bright side

but I am concerned whether my files were lost during this MOVE. LUD hasn't changed, Still have first fp recd message.

ETA-GC said:
Thanks very much for sharing this information Red_Card!

This seems to explain some of what we are seeing but I'd still like to know why the approvals are so sporadic. If the 2nd center really is working through > April 2003 cases why have we seen some Aug/Sept (and even Oct/Nov) 2003 approvals when there are many earlier cases which aren't approved?

Compare the I-485 situation with the I-140 stage -- it was pretty easy to see the approvals moving in order through the 2003 tracker and most people got their approval within a couple weeks of when the tracker predicted they would.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have some people at each center who are scanning ahead and trying to approve "easy" cases if possible (the multiple wave theory)...

ETA

You are right with 140. Atleast 95% of 140's were approved as per prediction almost in order[eventhough EB1,2,3 are having different lines]. But in 485 the real problem is Name check from FBI. The file will be fully ready only after the clearence of "Name check" from FBI. FBI "Name check" is taking anywhere between 1 DAY to 2 YEARS.....Example - AK 2002...His Name check completed very recently, after 2 years. The lucky people were cleared from FBI early...so early 485 approval...

I don't know, if I am wrong....

Last edited by a moderator:
Name check is not the only issue.
My name check was done in 2002 and VSC is still sitting on the file.

fast_gc_seeker said:
is name check done after FP? Is name check process related to FP?

This has been answered in several other threads if you try searching for "name check".

The short answer is:

+name check is usually initiated when the I-485 is received
+it has nothing to do with FP
+if there is no "hit" against the FBI databases, it should take ~1 month to clear
+if there is a "hit" it can take 18+ months to clear
+you might be able to fax / email the FBI to request that they expedite your case

ETA

if the following is right:
1) Center 1: VSC
Handling
All 2001
All 2002
Jan,Feb,march 2003 cases
All 2004 cases

2) Center 2 : ???
Handling April, May...... til Oct 2003 ( 6 months)

Which center is handling the NOV/DEC 2003 files? I did saw some approvals from that timeframe.

Name check

Yesterday, I sent an e-mail as well as a fax to the FBI requesting status of my name check.

Is this the best possible way to get an update? Does any one know how long does it take to get a response?

Thanks,

Could anyone please post the email address, Fax no and sample letter format to inquire about name check from FBI?

Thank you

Hi Red_Card,
if name check is done why your case is still pending ? Mine is Jan 2002 case still pending (don't confuse with user id) my name check is done on jan 03 that is why i'm curious to find what else might be pending? would you please let me know.
Thanks