***Confirmed*** - September Mumbai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Packet 4 received by lawyer

My lawyer has received the packet 4 sometime during the past few days. Should get it soon from them.

Chandu Bhai

my understanding is that if the consulate receives around this time of the month, you would be scheduled for the month after the next. Therefore in this case October!!

I-134 question

My lawyer also received packet 4 yesterday. It has a letter which says medical appointment date is 3rd September. I am not sure what to interpret by it ?

Question what should be filled in I-134 affidavid of support column 10.

Vijay

vijay_atl

Ignore medical date. I also have 3rd sept and no time. I am not sure abt Q10 in I134 since my att is going to send sometime next week.
Any one?

local PCC from India

Hi guys,

I have a question:

1. My wife is still in India after we got married on 28th of this April.
My appointment date in 19th Sept in Mumbai. She needs a PCC from local police station and one from RPO.

The one from local police station, she is expecting to get it by tomorrow. It is from her local town Jamshedpur. That PCC states that, she lived in her address from 1996 to 28th April'2002 (when we got married) and then she moved to Patna (my local town).
So clearance is from 1996 until 28th April this year. Does it mean that she needs another PCC from local police station in Patna too as she is staying in Patna after she got married with me (i.e. on 28th April'2002)

monk12

Re: local PCC from India

Originally posted by monk12
Hi guys,

I have a question:

1. My wife is still in India after we got married on 28th of this April.
My appointment date in 19th Sept in Mumbai. She needs a PCC from local police station and one from RPO.

The one from local police station, she is expecting to get it by tomorrow. It is from her local town Jamshedpur. That PCC states that, she lived in her address from 1996 to 28th April'2002 (when we got married) and then she moved to Patna (my local town).
So clearance is from 1996 until 28th April this year. Does it mean that she needs another PCC from local police station in Patna too as she is staying in Patna after she got married with me (i.e. on 28th April'2002)

monk12

I think she will need one.
If the other one says no adverse record till date then probably she will be fine.

Experts,which among the 3 hospitals

is highly recommended? I do not see much posting for Breach candy.Is there a reason why? Also please clarify if after the review NVC sends an electronic mail to Mumbai followed by courier.

Re: Experts,which among the 3 hospitals

Originally posted by Chandu Bhai
is highly recommended? I do not see much posting for Breach candy.Is there a reason why? Also please clarify if after the review NVC sends an electronic mail to Mumbai followed by courier.

Earlier Breach Candy use to take more than one day for medical so it is not that popular.

NVC sends to consulate all file to consulate followed by electronic one

Duration after Gc POE question?

I have Gc interview at September 18th, I am planning tostay long in India and I would like to come in Month of January.

Could there be any problem at POE? What kind of document I may need in that case?

:confused:

is ECNR required ??

Hi Guys,

My interview is on Sept. 19th at Mumbai. My wife is in India and has not visited US after we got married almost 4 months back. She got her passport and PCCs, which is good. One questions I had is:
Does she need ECNR stamp in her passport.

monk12

I-134 q10 & IRS-9003

Originally posted by sm99999
Ignore medical date. I also have 3rd sept and no time. I am not sure abt Q10 in I134 since my att is going to send sometime next week.
Any one?

Hey sm99999, just wanted to find out if you've got any updates on Q10 on I-134. Per my info, the answer is 'None' ("That I have submitted visa petitions to the INS on behalf of the following persons. If none, state none.")

Another point FYI. Per the Sec of State, the posts are no longer required to collect IRS-9003, and have been specifically directed to omit form 9003 from the list of documents in Packet 4. Ref: http://travel.state.gov/state094440.html

That said, no harm in taking one nonethless ... no point giving cranky desi officers at the consulate an excuse to give us their horsesh*t

hi, nilujaya

no. my atty is going to fill the docs in this week.
one question:

Do we really need to attach notarized translator's certi. for the birthdate cert issued by municipalty in english?

Re: hi, nilujaya

no. my atty is going to fill the docs in this week.
one question:

Do we really need to attach notarized translator's certi. for the birthdate cert issued by municipalty in english?

Thanks sm99999, I've filled two versions of I134 (and got both notarized without a fuss) so I'll use whichever is appropriate, so no sweat on that one.

You may not need a certified translation if your b.c. was in an 'official' regional language. New Delhi consulate : http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in1/wwwhiv.html#book3 ("All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified English translations.")

Mine was originally in english, and does show its actual age in its tattered and frayed form: a typical 28yr old sheet of low quality govt grade paper :D.

I have my original BC in a regional lang. and got in english from municipalty so I wonder if I need a translator's cert.

I134 question...

Any one. Pl. reply.

I have filed I134 (affi. of supp) for my parents when they came here in USA 2 years back (they stayed for 4 months and went back).
Now, what should I mentioned in I134 question# 29 that what should do I have to mentioned in Q.9 and Q10.
Is it ok to put 'None'.
Pl. reply.
Also, do I have to submit two I134 for spouse and child?

Re: I134 question...

I134 question...

>> I have filed I134 (affi. of supp) for my parents when they came
>> here in USA 2 years back (they stayed for 4 months and went back).
>> Now, what should I mentioned in I134 question# 29 that what
>> should do I have to mentioned in Q.9 and Q10.

Q 9 => You must mention their Names and date when it was signed by you
Q 10=> None

>> Also, do I have to submit two I134 for spouse and child?

For my US born daughter, I have mentionedher name under Q 3.
For India born childerns, you MAY mention their name on your
wife's I-134. AND to be on safe side, get seperate I-134 as well.

Any one. Pl. reply.

I have filed I134 (affi. of supp) for my parents when they came here in USA 2 years back (they stayed for 4 months and went back).
Now, what should I mentioned in I134 question# 29 that what should do I have to mentioned in Q.9 and Q10.
Is it ok to put 'None'.
Pl. reply.
Also, do I have to submit two I134 for spouse and child?

appearance of attorney...

My atty filing DS230PII and other docs. He is also sending a form called "Appearance of Attorney".
Q. Do we need to submit this form also at consulate?
A. Can we prepare all the form our self?

Re: appearance of attorney...

My atty filing DS230PII and other docs. He is also sending a form called "Appearance of Attorney".
Q. Do we need to submit this form also at consulate?
A. Can we prepare all the form our self?

If your lawyer had been doing a good job then let him do that. He has to do that because your company or you have already for that.

"Appearance of Attorney". is not required.

It is advised to give whatever consulate asks for. Keep all bonus items, in case they need it.

But nothing stops you from filling your forms.

DS 230- I questions

Hey Guys,

My attorney filled DS 230 and all other forms. In DS-230-I, where we need to metion all the places where we worked for last 10 years, he didnot metion the job that I did in India (for 4.5 years). I was told that, that job was not in relevant field (It was as Mining Engg. whereas now I work as Software developer after doing M.S. in Comp Sc. from USA), that's why attorney did not mention about that job.

That means there is a gap of 4.5 years in my DS-230-I. If they ask me as to what I did for that 4.5 years, what would I say. My company Immigration officer said, tell them that you worked in India, but you didnot mentione in DS230-I, because it was not in relevant field. Does it look like a reasonable answer. I have asked Attorney to reconsider it. I am not sure what they will do this time.

What do you guys think as to what shall I do.

monka12