***Confirmed*** - September Mumbai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Congrats

It seems all of us, have now received interview dates. In order to share our contact informations (while in India and USA), I have created Yahoo Group with Database.

Please join the group and update the database with your information. It would be very useful to be in touch while in Mumbai, especially.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/consproc-mumbai-sep02/

Thanks to Jun02 group for the idea. I have created above group based on their idea.

serious problem need advice

I have my and my spouse's interview scheduled for 19th september at Mumbai Consulate.

I got married on April'28 this year. My wife is still in India where she applied for passport. She is from Jamshedpur so the passport application went to Patna Regional passport office. She has not yet received the passport. After enquiring from patna passport office we found out that they have received the application, all police enquiry is done, that means all they have to do is to make the passport, but they said it will take another 25 days. It's pathetic. We are trying our best to get her passport as soon as possible. She is going to come down to patna and talk to passport officer personally with the letter and e-mail from Mumbai consulate which talks about her/mine interview date and request it to issue ASAP.
I am hoping she would get it by end of this month after she talks personally to passport officer.

I was wondering what are my options left at this point if I assume she wouldnot be able to make it.

The way I understand is:

1. I can cancel this appointment and ask for a new appointment date. Do we know when would I get new appointment. How long before my appoinment date do I need to call Consulate and ask them to re-schedule my appointment.

2. If I do go ahead with my appointment, what happenes to my spouse. Lets say she gets her passport jusy 2 -3 days before the actual interview date. She can just come with PCC from regional passport office (it takes only one day) and passport. All other docs she already has. IN this I think it should be okay.
But what if till last moment she doesnot get the passport, what happens then ??

3. Any ideads what else can I do........

I will really appreciate any help here.

monk12

September '02 list is on the website

I have yet to book my tickets.....will be doing it today.

Re: serious problem need advice

monk12,

Don't panic. It is relatively easy to get the appointment rescheduled. Refer to my earlier posting. And, just because you are rescheduling your interview - does not mean that you will be put at the end of the queue.

Here is what I suggest you do: Call the consulate and ask them as to how late you can request to reschedule the interview. Based on that, you will know what your cut off date is to get the passport for your wife. Keep plugging until then and hope that she gets the passport. If not, then push the interview back by a month (or two if the passport office is REALLY misbehaving). Bear in mind that the passport office in Patna may be expecting to get their palms greased.

Good luck,

gcOgc

Originally posted by monk12
I have my and my spouse's interview scheduled for 19th september at Mumbai Consulate.

I got married on April'28 this year. My wife is still in India where she applied for passport. She is from Jamshedpur so the passport application went to Patna Regional passport office. She has not yet received the passport. After enquiring from patna passport office we found out that they have received the application, all police enquiry is done, that means all they have to do is to make the passport, but they said it will take another 25 days. It's pathetic. We are trying our best to get her passport as soon as possible. She is going to come down to patna and talk to passport officer personally with the letter and e-mail from Mumbai consulate which talks about her/mine interview date and request it to issue ASAP.
I am hoping she would get it by end of this month after she talks personally to passport officer.

I was wondering what are my options left at this point if I assume she wouldnot be able to make it.

The way I understand is:

1. I can cancel this appointment and ask for a new appointment date. Do we know when would I get new appointment. How long before my appoinment date do I need to call Consulate and ask them to re-schedule my appointment.

2. If I do go ahead with my appointment, what happenes to my spouse. Lets say she gets her passport jusy 2 -3 days before the actual interview date. She can just come with PCC from regional passport office (it takes only one day) and passport. All other docs she already has. IN this I think it should be okay.

monk12

Re: serious problem need advice

Originally posted by monk12

The way I understand is:

monk12

I think there use to be a TATKAL scheme for passport issuance for emergency in 24 hours. Just ask someone to use all resources & I bet you will get in one day. As the previous post said you might have to grease their hands.

In this case police verification is already done so no problem, you just need someone to consistently sit in passport office. Try through good/big passport/travel agent.

For your wife, apart from regional passport office PCC she will need police certificate form local police station as well.

If you are not able to get these things done in next one week then go for rescheduling to be on safe side.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
any one rcd p4?

has anyone rcd P4? I think now time is due for that since dispatch on 5th aug from bombay.

Packet-4 takes about 3 weeks?

I spoke to my lawyer and he told me the way consulate sends the packet4 is all the packet 4 comes to Washington is the diplomatic papers and then they get mailed it usually takes about 3 weeks for them to get it.

:confused:

Recd packet 4 today

Consulate mailed P4 to attorney & local Mumbai addr (per my email request) on Aug 13.

It reached my Mumbai addr this morning & my folks faxed it over to me.

Fixed up an appointment at Breach Candy Hospital : Sept 11 @ 7:30am. Visa interview is on Sept 17. Bought our tickets yesterday .... flying on Sept 6 Detroit-BOM by KLM ($1195 p/p all inclusive). See you guys there.

passport

Hey guys,
Thanks for all suggestions in regard to my wife's passport problem. I was informed yesterday that she has received her passport on last Saturday. It'a a good news. Now no more thinking about postponing the interview.

My appointment date in 19th september. I have scheduled my appointment in Hinduja on 16th September. I am booking my flight tickets now.

Mumbai Consulate website says, if passport is issued within 6 months, we don't need any PCC. Is that true. Has anyone gone thru this case. Since I have enough time, I have asked my wife to try getting PCC from local police station and RPO.

Do my wife needs my name in her passport. Her passport is as unmarried. Recently Attorney suggested to my friend to have his name in his wife's passport. He said it is a must. I asked Mumbai Consulate if my wife needs my name in her passport. Their answer was YES. Is this a new requirement.

monk12

Any one got Packt4 in US?

So far my lawyer has not got it. I need to get it ASAP as I will be flying on 2nd Sept Atlanta- Delhi via AirFrance.

Mumbai consulate has not posted dtaes yet, what could be reason?

Re: Any one got Packt4 in US?

Originally posted by vijay_atl
So far my lawyer has not got it. I need to get it ASAP as I will be flying on 2nd Sept Atlanta- Delhi via AirFrance.

Mumbai consulate has not posted dtaes yet, what could be reason?

Mumbai had posted date long time back!!!

My lawyer has received Packet 4 yesterday on 08/19/2002.

My lawyer has received Packet 4 yesterday on 08/19/2002.

PKT 4

May be i will receive it by next monday.....anyway my relative has collected the pkt 4 from the public information window at the mumbai consulate. They will be faxing it to me. Iam flying on sept 8th by northwest.

P4 received directly from Consulate, via Washington DC

P4 received directly from Consulate, via Washington DC

P4 rcd here (USA) at my home address

I have rcd P4 on 8/20 (through ordinary mail). I am not sure if attorney would get another one. Satish, have u rcd or yr attorney rcd?

Few concerns:

No sign on apt ltr.
In apt ltr. it has mentioned med app date but no time (guess we have to ignore).
IRS9003 also a part of required document but did not find form in p4.
Also, did not find I134 forms.

In summary, it is
apt ltr, hospitcal info, info for document to carry, ds230PI and PII blank for each person.

Re: P4 rcd here (USA) at my home address

Originally posted by sm99999
I have rcd P4 on 8/20 (through ordinary mail). I am not sure if attorney would get another one. Satish, have u rcd or yr attorney rcd?

Few concerns:

No sign on apt ltr.
In apt ltr. it has mentioned med app date but no time (guess we have to ignore).
IRS9003 also a part of required document but did not find form in p4.
Also, did not find I134 forms.

In summary, it is
apt ltr, hospitcal info, info for document to carry, ds230PI and PII blank for each person.

Ignore the medical date. for me they have cut by pen.

They never sign appointment letter.

Just print IRS9003 on yellow page. I 134 is not sent but available on net, immihelp.com.

So far my lawyer has not received the P4.

Good luck.