***Confirmed*** - September Mumbai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

gkothari

Registered Users (C)
Welcome to September Mumbai consulate interview thread... Let's start packing...

My Interview date : 24 Sep 2002

gkothari

how would you know? did u sent an email to bombay? pl. post more detail. When yr case fwd to bombay.

EMail

I have been constantly chasing Mumbai consulate requesting for September interview (email/phones).... At last 2 of emails sent earlier (3-4 days back) got replied back today confirming the interview date as 09/24 and P4 being mailed on 08/05... What a relief...

NVC completed review on 07/16
Case was sent to consulate on 07/24..

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried calling Mumbai for two hours

No success to get through the lines. Transferring to operator & then just gone.
Guess wait for their email reply.

Sept 18th

Mine is Sept 18th Packet 4 mailed on 5th August. Satish No need to call I tried for over an hour last night finally resend Email about 6:30 this morning got reply in half an hour.

Another of my friend has got Sept 19th.

Medical appointment

How are you all planning on setting up your medical appointment? is it possible to get an appointment with Lilavati/Hinduja by just using the case number from the U.S itself?

Re: Sept 18th

Originally posted by vijay_atl
Mine is Sept 18th Packet 4 mailed on 5th August. Satish No need to call I tried for over an hour last night finally resend Email about 6:30 this morning got reply in half an hour.

Another of my friend has got Sept 19th.

I have already sent an email two days back, no reply yet.
Bit worried.

Medical

Just call up Hospital Appointment Number (check from ttp://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html) and just mention that you need to take appointment for "US Immigration Visa Health Checkup".

Only thing they would ask would be your/Spouse Name, prefered Medical Checkup Date and would give all details like when to arrive, what to carry etc...

They don't ask for Case Number OR US Visa interview date....

Just took appoint at Hinduja for Wed 18/Sept/2002

Visa inteview date : Tue 24/Sept/2002

Got a reply.

It is Sept. 20 9.30 am. P4 mailed on 5th Aug.
watchTSC, you know sometime it takes more days to reply. I sent an email on 5th and got a reply today.
I would suggest to send an another email. It happend last time when I asked them, One reply came next day and another took a week. My guess is that you would get an interview on 3rd week of sept.
My P3 fwd on 7/17 and I remember yrs on 7/10.
Let us keep this thread live.

Re: Medical

Originally posted by gkothari
Just call up Hospital Appointment Number (check from ttp://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html) and just mention that you need to take appointment for "US Immigration Visa Health Checkup".

Only thing they would ask would be your/Spouse Name, prefered Medical Checkup Date and would give all details like when to arrive, what to carry etc...

They don't ask for Case Number OR US Visa interview date....

Just took appoint at Hinduja for Wed 18/Sept/2002

Visa inteview date : Tue 24/Sept/2002

How did you took an appointment to Hinduja? I am also planning for hinduja. I am planning to stay "Andheri" and believe hinduja is nearer to this place.

watchTSC,

watchTSC,

I send email on Monday when first came to know that appointment date are coming. No reply then this morning tried calling call was either engage or no one was lifting so I send another email got immediate reply.

Send one more no harm, it looks like there is pool of people who respond to email some respond immediately some respond late.

employment letter

Is it ok to take an empl. ltr now? or is there any specific period (like not prior to month of intrw date). Also, is it ok to notary at last page if multiple pages?

At last got through Mumbai phone system

Called today to Mumbai. My interview is on 25th Sept. Also confimed medicals @ Hinduja on 23rd Sept.

:)

employment letter

There is no requirement for it to be in specific date but I have heard people mentioning it to be as latest as possible. I will take it about 3 weeks prior to Interview date.

I took 16th September appointment at Hinduja for medical.

List of docs we will be preaparing, I found some at confirmed August traker brought it here with additions. Hope it helps.

1> DS part I & II for all members,
2> marriage certificate & translation,
3> birth certificates for all members & translations,
4> PCCs,
5> employment letter, Notarized
6> I-134, Notarized
7> tax return for last 3 years,
8> pay stubs(last 3 months),
9> bank statements(last 3 months),
10> passports, (make sure it has atleast 7 months validity)
11> passport size photos for medicals, one copy of passport for medical (Hinduja needs it). Any vaccination record (Lilavati needs it).
12> degree certificates just in case
13> all h1/h4-B visas
14> 9003 for all members (it may not come in P4)
15> Consulate appointment letter.

+ 2 copies of each.

Not required but no harm if you have
1) Copy of the draft or cashier check used to pay the NVC.
2) Copy/original of 140 approval.
3) Copy of your petetion.
4) Copy/original of Labor approval.
5) Sailing Permit.

Remaining
1) Medical reports
2) GC photos
3) Demand drafts for fees.

Misc
1) People who don't have H1Visa stamped in passport (like mine expired in May) needs transiet visa.
2) Evidence of your employer’s continuing ability to pay the offered salary: A copy of your company’s annual report. (If available) A copy of your company’s most recent financial statement. (If available)
3) Militray records, arrest and court record if applicable.

no reply for my email yet...

Is there anybody else other than gkothari, whose pkt was sent out from nvc on 24th july, got a reply from the consulate about the interview schedule.