*****Confirmed***** NWD OCTOBER Interviews

delhidelhi

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Have'nt seen this thread, so i thought i set up a new one.

My interview has been scheduled on October 25th. Any idea when the delhi website will get updated.

Thanks

Do we have to notarize employment letter

I have an Oct 10 interview. I am leaving this weekend.

A questions: Do we need to notarize employment letter? My lawyer says that notarization is not required.. is that right?
However, he did mention that I have to get I-134 notarized. He told us that we dont need I 824.

Does anybody know????

NOTARY OF EMPLOYMENT LETTER IS REQUIRED. DONT BELIEVE YOUR LAMEDUCK LAWYER.
I-134 IS NOT VALID IF IT DOES NOT HAVE A NOTARY SEAL.
GET BOTH THE DOCUMENTS NOTARIZED IN THE US
:eek: :eek:

Hi

NWD confirmed 22nd Oct interview for me...haven't received packet4 yet....couple of question

-do we need to carry original I-140 approval notice or copy will do?
- is copy of form G28 required?
- does the bank account verification letter need to be notarized?

Thanks

answers ...

Carrying the original would definitely help ... i had done so
if the company doesn't release it then ask the lawyer to give u a Attoney Certified copy ... this document is usually not asked but has been asked in the past

No need for G28. You can just carry ur bank statements for the last 4-6 months, though these are never asked ... I don't think there is any need to get it notarized !

Thanks..im9999..another question?

I have this question about taking up residense in the US after successful interview.Do I need to obtain an address in the US?
I am on a project overseas,so can i not just use my office address?..or do i have to rent an appt just for getting an address?

that will be crazy as i am not coming back for another year (although i will enter within 6 months)..and will be maintaing an appt in the US just for this?

does anyone know about this situation and any way out?
Thanks

Interview date question

Hi guys,
I am doing AC-I-140 Consular Processing. My packet 3 was received at the NWD consulate on 27th Sept. Friday (I came to know from FedEx tracking).
When can I expect to get a reply from them that they received it: Do they acknowledge the receipt at all? How much time should I give them before pinging?

Also, can you guys guess when my interview will be scheduled?

Thanks for your help.

delhidelhi--- when was your P3 received by Delhi Consulate

Wanted to know when did Delhi Counsulate receive your P3? and how did you come to know about your inteview date? Did you call Delhi Consulate for the interview date or was this information sent to you by mail?

My P3 was sent on 09/04/02 from NVC to Delhi Consulate and still yet don't know if it has been entered in Delhi Consulate system or not. The phones ( 91-11-419 8062/8374 - got these numbers from the direct number 419-8000 ) I have been trying for last few days at the consulate are always busy. Is there any other number where I can call and get the information about my case?

:)

dm10 / leoconnection......

After receiving the AC140 papers, on an average Delhi takes 4 working days to enter ur details into the system. u can call after that.

try calling 91-11-419 8062 between 11:00 - 12:00 indian time, I have always got a response after a few attempts at this specific time and they are quite helpful too.

SI

DM10
I am not sure how much time they took. But i could never get them on the phone. Ive always sent emails to them. FIrst response i got was when my P3 was sent after 2 weeks. And then the second email i sent them, they responsded with october date. As you can see the October date are still not posted but i did manage to get my P4.
Regards
(Email address i used was nivnd@state.gov)

khalas ... answer to ur question ...

Taking up a US residence is not a MUST ! But if u enter the US and then want to re-enter after more than 6 months (but less than 1 yr) without a re-entry permit ... INS officer at POE will determine ur eligibility for entry as a PR .... one of the things that they do consider is that u having a residence in the US, employment etc ...

A good idea would be that u postpone ur CP interview if u are very sure that u will be in India on the project for atleast a yr from now ... u can always postpone the interview upto 1 yr from the initial date of interview ... there will be no negative impact on ur case ... this way u will get more time to enter the US as a PR ...

The other way is that u enter the US within 6 months of ur interview and then apply for Re-Entry Permit which allows u to stay out of the US for upto 2 yrs .... but it takes ~3months for it to get approved and u can travel outside the US after its been approved .... so u will have to wait in the US for that amount of time !!!

One more option is that u keep entering the US every 6 months ...

Let me know if u have any more questions ?

An interesting read here ....

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=61301

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: khalas ... answer to ur question ...

Originally posted by im9999
apply for Re-Entry Permit which allows u to stay out of the US for upto 2 yrs .... but it takes ~3months for it to get approved and u can travel outside the US after its been approved .... so u will have to wait in the US for that amount of time !!!

Not quite.. One can apply for a re-entry permit and then leave (unlike AP) and get it forwarded to a US consulate overseas..

from ins.gov Applications for a reentry permit or refugee travel document should be sent with the supporting documentation and fees to the Nebraska Service Center. If you think you may have to leave the United States before the reentry permit is received, you may have it sent to a U.S. Consulate or INS office overseas for pick up. There is a place on the Form I-131 to furnish the information necessary to receive the reentry permit outside of the United States. However, even though you may receive the reentry permit overseas, the application must be submitted while you are still in the United States.

Sheru Indian

Thanks Sheru Indian,
I had emailed NWD on 1st Oct and today (3rd Oct) requesting communication for the receipt of my case. Hope they reply soon. Also, do you think I'll get a December interview?

Thanks.

time bet Case no. allocation and P4 mailing

delhidelhi,
do you know how many days after giving case number does NWD mail out Packet 4? And when does one have to let them know of the local address so they can mail Packet 4 there?

Thanks

leoconnection,

my is regular CP so i already had my case number assigned well before. So i do not understand what you mean by "how many days after giving case number".
From the email they sent be, they wrote that, they had already mailed out the P4 to me. I got the P4 around 28th Sep.
Regards

leoconnection....

Delhi entered my case details on 27th Aug, 4 business days after the receipt of the Ac 140 papers. they confirmed this over phone on 28th August, though my initial mail went unanswered. they had given me a case number over phone (different from the NVC case number) which i quoted in subsequent calls.

By Sep end they gave me my November interview date over phone as well as email. They also confirmed with me over phone where i wanted the pkt 4 to be sent and said that they would be sending pkt 4 on Oct 1st to my US address.

U may follow your case with them accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
AC 140

Thanks Sheru Indian and delhidelhi.
I will try calling them on Monday night. This way they would have had enough time ( 6 working days) to enter the case details into their system. I'll let you know what the outcome was.

Thanks IM9999 & MOULIN

Thanks a lot..you have been a great help. Well,I think I am going to go ahead with my interview on 22Oct in Delhi and will keep coming back to the US once every six months.

I have given my US office address for the delivery of cards,which I hope will not be an issue for the consulate or the INS. Do you think they could ask for some residential address to deliver cards??

Once again,thanks a lot for ur help.