*****Confirmed***** NWD OCTOBER Interviews

Hi

Received packet 4 from attorney today...interview 22nd Oct ...anyone else having same date?

cheers!

Gopal

Hi Leoconnection,

could you get a chance to talk to nwd ppl.
do they reply tp emails ? so far they have not replied to my 2 emails that i sent.

Thanks.

Contacting NWD

Hi appeal1232001,
I called NWD on Monday night (Tueaday morning for them). I started calling them at 1:30 am and could get the line only at about 2:30am! Anyway... an Indian lady picked up the phone. She said she could not find my application (my AC 140 application was received by the embassy on the 27th of Sept. per FedEx tracking info) and that there were some applications still lying unopened and had not reached them yet! She said that they were understaffed and for that reason things were taking more time than usual. She asked me to call the next day which I did not. I wanted to give them some time, knowing how these people work, and I will call them tonight (Thursday night, their Friday morning) to find out more.
I asked them about the emails I sent and she said they were understaffed.......They did not give any reply to my 2 emails also. Let's see what is in store for me tonight when I call. I'll let you know what happens.

Contacting NWD failed

I tried to contact NWD on Thursday night Oct. 10, but it was a weird experience. I tried 91-11-4198062 and 91-11-4198374 (both numbers are for Immigration Visa inquiries). I got the rings numerous times, but nobody picked up. I started at about 11:30pm and continued till 2:45am, most of the times I got the engaged line, but I also got the ring many times but nobody answered. I then tried calling 91-11-4198000 and after the first ring, somebody picked up. As soon as she heard the word "Immigration Visa" from me, she transferred me to a message which asked me not to call this number for Visa inquiries and call the above mentioned numbers for Immigration Visa inquiries.
They hae not responded to any of my emails either.
Wonder if they were working at all on Immigration Visas on Friday! Monday and Tuesday are holidays for them for Columbus Day and Dussera respectively. So Wednesday, Oct 16, is the earliest one can communicate with them.

Leoconnection,

you can have your family in delhi contact them on your behalf, that may help.

please keep me informed.

Thanks.

Case missing at New Delhi embassy

I filed I-130 spouse visa for my wife and which was approved by INS and than by NVC. This is an expedited case. According to NVC (National Visa Center), they have sent the case on September 3rd. They even provided the shipping tracking number which shows that it was signed for by: STAMP and arrived in New Delhi on September 3rd. But I called consulate several times and they are unable to trace the case even though my wife received package-3 (FORM DS-230) on September 7th. Unfortunately she didn't kept any copy of the forms or application sent by the consulate and submitted everything on September 9th. I would appreciate if any of you have any input on this.

Hey appeal1232001 and leoconnection,

I too have tried calling Delhi consulate at 419 8062, 419 8374 continuously for a week from 10:30-11:00AM IST (couple of weeks ago) and did manage to talk once. It starts to get on the nerves when there is no luck getting through the numbers.. the numbers are always engaged and even if you get through, no one picks up. So it seems it is matter of sheer luck if some one picks up the phone.

I have sent e-mails to Delhi Consulate asking them of my interview dates at nivnd@state.gov on Oct 8th and received a reply today. So from my experience, Delhi consulate does respond but not in an effective manner...

Keep trying and not getting impatient seems to be the key. :)

By the way, when are you expecting the interviews? Mine would be scheduled in December.

Sending AC-140 case again

It seems like NWD lost my case packet for AC I-140. It was received by them on Sept. 27th per FedEx records, but the IV section informed me that they did not have my case. Subsequent efforts to locate the packet failed. I believe since my lawyer sent it addressed to US Embassy only, there was no way for the mail person to determine where the packet should go, so I guess it is still lying there unattended.
Instead of trying to waste time in redeeming it there without any rewards, I got the second original of I-824 receipt notice from the INS and shipped the packet again, this time to my family in Delhi who would then courier it to the Embassy, making sure that it says on the packet itself that it needs to go to the Immigrant Visa Section. I hope to get the case to them by Thursday/Friday next week latest.
Does anybody know the correct address where the AC-I-140 case should be sent. What needs to be mentioned on the packet (in case I don't get a reply, I will ask my family to pepper the envelope containing my documents with Immigrant Visa Section heading etc.). Do you guys have any better ideas?

Thanks.

make it to

Consular Section
US Embassy, New Delhi

That should do it ... if someone goes personaly, ur packet would go to the rigth hands ... i think for personal visits from relatives the time is between 3-4 pm

U can also write on the packet AC-140 case for Immigrant Visa Interview ...

thanks im9999

Thanks for the information. Is in-person / hand delivery possible also? I mean, does the Embassy accept hand delivery from somebody who does not represent a courier company / post office and the likes?

Thanks.