Confirmed July 2002 Chennai Interviews

If you have already mentioned your local indian address in DS230 Part1 then

you will get it to India, the better & best method is to send an email to chennai consulate with your Indian address in the mail and requesting the same.

it depends

Pujpran,
 I believe you might have given US address in your P3 doc (DS-230 Part I) and they send the P4 info. to that address. But you can send an email to the US consulate at India, requesting them to forward it to your local address and they are very obliging.
Thanks.

I did not receive my P4 and instructions

Hi All,

I asked the consulate to mail my P4 and instructions to my address in India. They say that they have sent it 10 days ago, but I haven't received it yet. My interview is on the 30th and I am getting nervous. Has everyone who has their interview scheduled in July got their P4 etc?

Could someone who has received it, post the instructions on this site. It would be very helpful for me and others like me to get prepared.

Thanks All.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you go before your scheduled date?

Hi, if you finish your medicals and other requirements, can you go a couple of days sooner for the interview?

P4 instructions - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Hi All,

Could someone who has received P4, post the list of documents required and their order on this site.

I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY P4 AND AM GETTING VERY NERVOUS.

It would be very helpful for me and others like me to get prepared.

Thank you very much.

help on birth certificate/affidavit

Hi all,

My wife and I have interview on 25th July. We have a couple of issues with our birth certificates.

1) My wife's bc doesnt mention her mother's name.
Do I need to get an affidavit from her mother. If yes, can I get it notarized from a "local notary" in Bangalore?

2) Her father's name is spelt a little different in bc from her passport. Is it ok? or does she need to get any other documents?

3) My bc doesn't include my name but has all other required details. Should I get an affidavit from my parents?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply to GCwithCP

Here is the LIST from PKT4
Arrange your documents from top to bottom in the order listed below and place them in your passport for submission when you come for your visa interview. Oringinal affidavits will not be returned. If original certificates of your marriage, divorece, birth, military discharge etc., are desired, please include one photocopy.

1. OF-171-Visa appointment letter.
2. DS-230-Part I & II Visa application.
3. Marriage certificate.
4. Wedding photos.
5. Birth certificate OR statement of non-availabilty of birth records & affidavit of birth.
6. Evidence of financial support(affidavit of suppor in Form I-864 from the petitioner as well as any co-sponsor, including 3 years most recent U.S. Federal income Tax returns), Petitioner's Employment letter and Bank statements.
7. Photos - 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch in size. Sign on two copies at the bottom front. Do not sign the 3rd copy. In a child's photo, write the name of the child. The photograph must be a three quarter frontal protrait with the right side of the face and right ear visible. We require color phots with white background.
8. Proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner.
9. Medical reports. Do not submit your X-ray.
10. Completed 9003 form.
11. Separate passport for each applicant.(including children).

GCwithCP the above is typed as it is in my PKT4 i received. Let me know if you need any further details. I have my interiview on July 24th and starting on 17th. Best of luck for all July CP'ers.

REPLY TO:

P4 instructions - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Hi All,

Could someone who has received P4, post the list of documents required and their order on this site.

I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY P4 AND AM GETTING VERY NERVOUS.

It would be very helpful for me and others like me to get prepared.

Thank you very much.

I donot have clear reply for item 1 & 2. But as a precaution better do get affidavit of BC for your wife.
Item 3: Yes you have to have your name in the BC. If not you can show this to local municipal office and get ur name added to it (They gave a new one to me as registered date as in my previouse BC, i had the same issue as yours).
Better take Affidavit for you from your parents.
REPLY TO:

help on birth certificate/affidavit
Hi all,

My wife and I have interview on 25th July. We have a couple of issues with our birth certificates.

Do I need to get an affidavit from her mother. If yes, can I get it notarized from a "local notary" in Bangalore?

2) Her father's name is spelt a little different in bc from her passport. Is it ok? or does she need to get any other documents?

3) My bc doesn't include my name but has all other required details. Should I get an affidavit from my parents?

Thanks,

Re: help on birth certificate/affidavit

For birth certificates issued by municipality, if information is different from your passport you need to get Affidavit noterized by Notery lawyers.

For Consulate you have to submit the certificate available form municipality(or not available certificate) & for all changes you need to submit an affidivit.

I feel you have to get affidavit for all.

Originally posted by ssnl5
Hi all,

Thanks,

Which is needed: I864 or I134 or both

SSURESH...........your list mentions that I864 is needed ( as mentioned in packet 4). I remmember to have seen about I134 in the list of documents needed in the previous discussions in this portal.
I am kind of confused>

CP Gurus..........Could you please clarify.Probably it is safer to get both the documents.

I have got my interview scheduled on August 21st.

Pujpran

pujpran,

For employment based categories, I-134 form (Affidavit of Support - for spouse and family members) needs to be submitted. The I-864 form is for family based categories.

Good luck with your interview.

If we went thru NVC, what are the amounts for drafts ?

Gurus,

My interview is in Aug.

1. What amounts do we need to take for drafts per person. I checked on the immihelp and consulate website. . but have a vague feeling that we already tendered $260 of it to NVC.

2. What are the recommended studios for photos (basically who are aware of consulate requirements) ? (preferably near or around consulate ).

3. I got my flight ticketing done.. and JFK would be my POE. Are there any known issues with this POE?

Can you guys throw some light on these.... Thanks a bunch.

- Akashvani..

Thank you Frisco

I believe packet 4 info still mentions about I864 to be submitted for consular processing cases. May be they have not changed the matter.Thanks for the clarification.
Pujpran

Questions on Suresh's list

1. DS-230-Part I - I know we sent this to the NVC. Do they return this to you or do you take a copy of what you sent the NVC?

2. How many bank statements do we need to take with us?

3. Proof of relationship between the beneficiary and the petitioner - I am a little confused. The petitioner is my company and I am the beneficiary, right?
Doesn't the employment letter mentioned in the Evidence for financial support cover this? Is this a separate letter?
4. What is form 9003. I do not find this anywhere on the madras consulate site? Did you guys receive this with P4?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.