Confirmed July 2002 Chennai Interviews

No Title

Rekha,

My P3 reached NVC on 6/10 and my consulate is Chennai too. What\'s your e-mail address where we can communicate? My id on cptarcker is rv123. I guess our interviews will be more or less at the same time

Chetu what is your email address?

I am segregating guys having interview on Jul 25 at Chennai. Please give me your email address, so that we cxan share some of our concerns.
Thanks

Let\'s not do that

Hi, It is some of our specific concerns like when we are leaving, what date we are doing our lab test and medical etc. I thought we can communicate that using our personal emails which may not concern the general audience. If you feel like, then go ahead. Thanks

Mine is also on July 24th

I haven\'t found out where did the send the P4 and the interview letter.

P3 sent: March 19
NVC received my case: April 7
NVC forwarded my case to Consulate: 1st May
Interview date: 24th July

Got my PKT4....

I sent a email to chennai consulate mentioning to them to send the PKT4 to indian address(I had US addr in PKT3).
Got tickets to chennai via mumbai on Lufthansa for JULY 17th. Planning to complete Lister/medical on 19th itself.
Best of luck for everyone who got interview in JULY.

Address & Phone number of Lister labs and Dr. Vijaya lakshmi needed..

Please post. One day for lab and One day for medical checkup is enough or more days are needed. I think after giving some kind of shots they have to check the reaction after 24 hours (I don\'t know this is needed for all cases or some). so it is better you should have atleast one day gap between Medical checkup and iterview.

Lister/Dr.VijayaLakshmi and hotels...

Lister Lab: 8278971, 8234429, 8202666, 8202777
Dr.V:6413445, 6413446(Padma Nursing Home).
Posted By: kprajan 5/14/02 12:23 PM
(#60 of 201)
MS-
There are many good/decent places on Radhakrishnan Salai (which is where the Consulate is).

Following are some of the \'high-end\' places that are less than ten minutes drive from the Consulate: Ambassador Pallava, Chola Sheraton, Taj Connemara, Taj Coromandel.

Other hotels: Savera, President, Madras International (these are within 10 minutes of driving and are not that costly as the above).

Unfortunately, I don\'t know the current rates and so cannot help you about that. However, you can get the phone #s of the above hotels from the web-site www.madras.com (choose \'Accommodation\' from the left panel).

There are a couple of more hotels such as GRT, Nilgiris etc. I didn\'t find them in the above site. But check these sites, which might be able to provide more information. The chennaionline site is very good and provides maps too.

http://www.india-hotels.net/
www.chennaionline.com

Hope that helps. Best of luck!

Rajan
Posted By: trygc 5/6/02 8:47 AM
(#10 of 25)
Lister labs does not need an appointment.Tel: 8278971, 8234429, 8202666, 8202777
Dr.Vijayalakshmi\'s number is 6413445, 6413446
Maris hotel: 8270541, 8223201
There are also other hotels like Chola sheraton, ranjith, savera, close to the consulate.
Posted By: Gandalf 2/11/02 11:20 PM
(#97 of 100)
I completed my lab and medicals last saturday with a bunch of folks.
Directions to Dr.V\'s Padma Nursing Home: On Poonamalle High Road, tell the driver(auto/taxi) that the nursing home is opposite Pacchaipas college. That is a landmark that they should know.
WHen you go past Pacchaipas, you will see a board on the RHS for Padma Nursing Home. It is not on the main road, you will have to take a side street which is right next to the board.
For lister labs: On Nungambakkam High Road, go past the Taj Corammandel and you will have to make a left after that into a residential neighbourhood. Then take the last right on this street, before you get to a sort of T junction. You will be making a right onto Jagannathan Road and you will see Lister on your right. There are road signs with the names of the streets.

I am changing my address...

I am changing my home before going to Interview, so does this address change is going to affect the actual GC being mailed to me!!.
Please let someone shed light on this.
My attorney said since they verify the address at POE it should not be a problem for CPers. I just want to verify this with the group....

Concerns at the time of returning from India

Guys,
 One of my friend was asked (may be that is the law/procedure) at the Bombay airport that, since he was departing with a immigrant visa (IV or GC), the local authorities needed Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) and Income tax clearance certificate from Indian tax authorities. They say, this is to make sure that you are not fleeing the country (India) after committing a crime (what if you did the crime after getting your PCC? don\'t ask me :)) or tax obligation. They harassed him for quite some time until 30 min before his scheduled flight and finally managed to get through. To avoid this please have the following ready with you while returning from India. 1. Keep a notarized PCC with you (what you got from consulate).
2. Try to get a income tax clearance certificate from local tax authorities saying that you owe them nothing. (Not sure how it works, if you haven\'t worked in India). Let us talk more abt it. Thanks.

Hi srifx ......

I have interview scheduled in August 2002.
I see people mentioning about your list for interview very useful and exhaustive.
Could you please let me know how to access the info which you are maintaining.
Thank you,
Pujpran