Confirmed July 2002 Chennai Interviews

Airl Line Tickets and the Return Date Question

People!

WWould any one please throw some light on to how to select the
return date ?

I might have my Interview in Aug. so not sure of the dates yet..
do we buy an Open ticket?

This would greatly help me in planning. appreciate your time ot read thro this!
Thanks

Thank a lot Miami...

This will help me in preparing for the interview in August.
How do I add PCC to the list ?
Pujpran

ssuresh .... ur lawyer is right .... u can give ur new address at POE ...

and u will be fine ...

I guess the P4 you receive from consulate would tell you...

the order in which you have to arrange your docs. You may insert your PCC in that place. As I have\'nt reached that stage to receive P4 I have no idea where it falls - Good luck

Thanks Miami....

Did any of you hear about \'Sailing Permit\'?
Immihelp.com talks about it as document needed for interview.
Pujpran

I will not worry about sailing permit....

I am 100% sure Sailing permit is not required document at the time of interview. It is a doc we can get from IRS saying we do not owe any taxes. While leaving US they may ask. Usually they do not.

Better to get an opinion from your Attorney.

Thank you Srifx...Just like Packet 3 & 4, \'Srifx List\' is also an important document

in our \'GC Seeker\' community.

Thanks again & have a nice weekend.

P4 documents...........

I need an advise..........
My interview is scheduled in August 2002 at Chennai.I am planning to go to India on August 1st.I keep hearing about people giving Indian address for receipt of P4 documents from consulate.My questions are
1) When do they send P4 documents ?
2) If these documents are received at Indian address, is it OK that I can fill them When I go to India and submit them at consulate?
3) Do I have to really do something with those documents in US ?
Could you somebody post their views?
Thank you,
Pujpran

pujpran - Here are some info

Hi,
 Normally they send the P4 to the local Indian address within a week of publishing the interview dates. But for some cases it has taken more time. You can fill those forms either at India or download here from the Chennai consulate web site and take it filled. But sometimes they send OF-230 forms instead of DS-230 forms, please do submit the forms what they send. Actually there is nothing you need to do in those forms here other than filling the correct details about yourself and your family.
Thanks

Tax clearance certificate from India

Hi,
 Did anyone get tax clearance certificate from Indian tax officials? My friend was asked to submit PCC and tax clearance certificate while departing from India (Bombay) after CP interview.
Thanks

P4 documents

To SSuresh: When enquired about receipt info from NVC, chennai consulate confirmed that my interview will be in August 2002.

Pujpran

Thank you GCCHENNAIGUY for the info........I have another question...

Do I need to request chennai consulate to send P4 documents to my local address in India or do they send documents to Indian address by default ?
Pujpran