Confirmed Chennai March 2004 Interview.

hi guys,
my interview is confirmed on march 16th, i am leaving to chennai on 10th and i am planning my lab test on 12th friday,

i have got my doctors appointment on 13th sat evening. will this be fine, as there is only one working day between my interview and doctors appointment, will there be any problem? plz give ur suggestions.

Vella.

vella:

Posted answer to your question in another thread where you had posted this same questions!

My Interview is on March 16th. I have scheduled my lab work and doctor's appoint on Feb 25th. I see a couple of them having interview on March 16th also.

See you all there at the consulate...

I am in India now(had to travel in advance for family functions)..

Bank Balance

My case is EB2 with Dependents.

Are there any requirements for minimum Bank Balance etc?

wiz69:

There is no specific bank balance. Basically the idea is that your balance plus incoming salary should be reasonable enough to support dependents. More than bank balance it is a stable income that has more weightage!

hi guys,
can you plz tell me the details about the fees and dd's
to be taken during the cp interview.

vella.

FEES (In form of DDs)
If you haven't paid to NVC, you have to pay 335 $ for each applicant (You have to take DD - Rs. 15410 as per current exchange rate by consulate)

You have to pay for courier also. Its 300 + (50 * number of applicants)

Bluedart charges will be as follows:

Only Primary Applicant => 300 + 50 =350

+ Spouse also => 300 + 100 = 400

+ One child => 300 + 150 = 450

+ two children => 300 + 200 = 500

----------------------

MEDICALS:

The fee for the medical examination is as follows:
- Rs. 600 for general physical check and administration of vaccinations . Rs. 350 for children (Dr v)
- Rs. 600 for initial laboratory tests (fees up to Rs. 3300 if additional tests are needed)
- Rs. 3450 maximum for vaccinations

The fees must be paid in CASH directly by you to the laboratory and the doctors. If further tests are advised by the doctors, you must be prepared to undergo them and pay the related costs.
Be prepared with cash of Rs.4500 at the minimum.

bhaskargara:

I am not sure if Bank letter is a required document but I would highly recommend you to carry one. I did carry a bank letter signed by the bank manager in usa about 2 weeks prior to my cp interview. The letter was on bank letterhead which stated account holder's names, date opened and checking and savings balances as on xx/xx/xxxx and that the accounts were in good standing.

Format of Bank Statement

1) Is there any specific format for the Bank's statement. Is there any specific facts that it should mention.

2) I have one primary account where I will get a bank letter and a secondary internet based SB a/c where I will get a printout (and notarize it). According to the bank this printout is a legal document. Will this be sufficient?

Re: Format of Bank Statement

Originally posted by sb245491
1) Is there any specific format for the Bank's statement. Is there any specific facts that it should mention.

{Each bank has it's own format for the bank statements and
all of them are good. They normally give the statements by
date range, with starting balances, the transaction summary
and the closing balance.

Some candidates instead of depending on standard statements go a step further and take a letter from the bank
which again would be different from bank to bank. It normally
states the date of opening of the account, the current balance etc.}

2) I have one primary account where I will get a bank letter and a secondary internet based SB a/c where I will get a printout (and notarize it). According to the bank this printout is a legal document. Will this be sufficient?

{ The bank statement you downloaded from internet is
sufficient. In my opinion notarization is not required.
I have myself downloaded the statements and just carried
them.}

{my responses}

Raju

sb245491:

I totally concur with raju:
* just use standard bank letter templates and get bank manager signature
* And for your internet based bank - take printouts and no need to get them notarized!

hi guys,
thanks for all ur help, what are the required documents for the interview and do i need to fix a lady doctor for my wife? what are the tests involved in the medicals, can u help me out in this, i have already got an appointment with Dr.Mathai Thomas.

Vella.

Hi Vella,

Search this forum and you will get number of posts with documents check list. Basically you need all the documents asked for in the appointment letter + supporting documents (They may ask when required)
I am attaching a check list document.

Both you and your wife can go to same doctor. Ladies will be checked by lady staff only so don't worry. We went to Dr. Vijayalakshmi and it was cool. Most of the chennai applicants (especially couples) prefer her.

Medicals are done to check for any contagious deseases like TB, HIV, etc. Unless there is past complicated medical history, no need to worry about it.
Medicals are done in 2 steps. Lab tests have to be performed in Lister labs (they do blood test and take X-ray). You have to take these reports to the selected doctor who will check reports, physical checkup and give any vaccines if needed.

hi,

Thank you cpzinga, i called up Dr.vijayalakshmi and i got the appointment on March 12th friday itself(the day of my medicals)

my interview is at 9a.m on March 16th, how soon should i be in the consulate?

vella.

If doctor checkup is on the same day as lab tests (at lister lab), then you must attend lab tests between 8 to 10 am. Go by 8'0 clock only.

And you can collect the medical reports from lister laboratory in the evening by 4:30 and directly goto Dr.V.

On the interview date, go 15 minutes before your appt time. So you can go by 8:45. Don't go before that because you will have to wait outside unnessesarily and it is already summer in chennai.

Also, don't take any electornic items, cell phone etc ... keep them in hotel only. Not even makeup kits, talcum etc

All the Best..

need suggestions

My interview is on March18th

I am reaching Madras on 15th early mornign 6AM and after that i am planing to go directly crystal Residency hotel.

i am new to madras. Can some body suggest any precaution regarding Taxi etc., to reach crystal residency

After that i am planning to go listner lab. How far it is from crystal residency and how much the auto/taxi charges

(or) you suggest me to go directly to lister lab and after that go to crystal residency hotel ?

Do i need to book reserve in Crystal Residency in advance ?

I already notarized the I-134 when i send the packet 3 ? do i need to do that again ?

My employee send that employment letter on offical company paper last week only ? is it ok (regarding timeframe)or i need to do any thing ? I have an option where i can order the employment letter online. but it will not be on offical paper ?

still now i did't receive the appointment letter ? can i wait from few more days ?

-Bhaskar

bhaskar:

Do i need to book reserve in Crystal Residency in advance ?
Anwser: Yes

I already notarized the I-134 when i send the packet 3 ? do i need to do that again ?
Answer: You are fine on this one!

My employee send that employment letter on offical company paper last week only ? is it ok (regarding timeframe)or i need to do any thing ? I have an option where i can order the employment letter online. but it will not be on offical paper ?
Answer: It should be on company letterhead, notarized and then signed by your HR!

still now i did't receive the appointment letter ? can i wait from few more days ?
Answer: You can pick up from consulate prior to your medicals or haev chennai consulate mail it to your indian address!

Thanks KD for response,

Regarding Employee Letter, Since they already send that, and it will one month old, by the interview Date. Is it ok ? or do i need to ask them to send that letter again.

-Bhaskar