Confirmed Chennai March 2004 Interview.

rdavidmaria

Registered Users (C)
I am starting a new thread for March chennai 2004 interviews..

Called consulate today. They said my case interview date is March 16 2004.

rdavidmaria,

Congrats and All the Best for your Interview.

Meanwhile you can start collecting your documents like PCC, BC and other required documents. If you haven't taken yet, start collecting now...

PCC from Indian Consulate

My PCC from Indian consulate in Toronto is dated SEPT 30, 2003. It looks like my CP in Chennai will be late APRIL /Early MAY. So, my PCC will be dated past 6 months by the time my interview occurs. Currently, I live in Chicago ergion.

Should I take one more PCC from Chicago?

Is there any time limit /expiration on PCC?

wiz69:

Indian PCC's are valid for 6 months afetr which they expire.

Not sure why you got Indian PCC from Indian consulate in canada.
Since you are expecting April/ May interview, you definitely want to apply for a new PCC @Indian consulate in Chicago asap.

PCC

KD, Thanks for the reply.

I lived in Canada last year on a company assignment. So, applying at Toronto was convenient.

I moved back to Chicago region in November.

Do you know if it is stated on consulate websites etc. that the PCC is ONLY VALID FOR 6 MONTHS?

Please let me know. Thanks.

wiz69:

No the indian consulate web sites do not explicitly state that Indian Pcc's are valid for only 6 months. But email responses from the indian consulate suggest that they would not accept a Indian PCC that is more than 180 days old.

also if you have stayed in canada for more than a year then you may need a canadian PCC too (research this one).

KD,

In your reply .. you meant "e-mail responses from American Consulate" ... Correct?

I have obtained Canadian PCC (RCMP Certificate). Just got it in January.

Suuggestion for folks that are applying for RCMP certificate.
Apply Soon .. it does take close to 5 months to get it and there is NO WAY to expedite the process.

Confirmed March interview

Hi all,

My interview is confirmed on March18th 8 AM. Yesterday i send a mail, i got the reply today.

sent date : Jan'15th
POE : Chicago
category : EB3

so I am planning my Medical on March 15th. Is it okay. When can i call the doctor's and lab for appointment ?

-Bhaskar

bhaskar:

Congrats on your appointment. YEs 3 days should be enough assuming there is no past / current medical history requiring more investigation.

Lab does not require appointments. Contact one of the doctors NOW to take an appointment.

when can I expect interview date

Hi All,
My case was forwarded to Madras on Jan. 22nd. When can I expect the interview date? Is there anyone who submitted around that date and know the interview date?

Thanks.

interview date

Hi,
bhakaragara's was sent on Jan. 15th and he got it for March. 18th.... So, mine was on 22nd, so you think it would be in April?

bhaskaragara : When was your case forwarded to Chennai consulate?

Thanks

gcsun:

Until Feb 04, Chennai has averaged 50-60 employment based immigrant cases a month. In Feb 04, Chennai consulate is processing 100 employment based immigrant cases t be precise.

If for next couple of months Chennai continues processing 100 odd employment based immigrant cases a month then you can expect April interview else if Chennai falls back to processing 50-60 month you would be looking @ May interview.

Sent P3 to NVC: 9th Dec.
Sent to Chennai consulate: 7th Jan
Interview Date: 16th March 8:00AM

1) I have my CP interview scheduled for 16th March(going by the email that I've gotten from the Chennai consulate and the date on their appointments website). However, I am a little apprehensive as to whether I will receive my appointment letter (here in the US) on time. I intend to leave for India on the 6th of March. What if I dont get it by then? Can someone shed some light on the kind of time it takes to receive packet 4 after learning of the interview date. I learnt of my interview date on 12th Feb.

2) For tax documentation, I have ordered my tax transcripts for the last three years from IRS (1-800-829-1040). They are in sealed envelopes. I assume it is ok for me to open them and inspect them? Are these sufficient as far as tax docs are concerned?

3) Can someone provide me with the addresses & phone numbers for Dr.Vijaylakshmi(and maybe other doctors) and Lister labs?

4) As far as the medical exam by doctor is concerned, what does it include? Do I need a lady doctor for my wife?

5) I intend to arrive in Chennai around 5:55am (from Hyderabad) on the day of my medicals(10th March) by Chennai Express and leave the same day at 8:10PM by Charminar Express (back to Hyderabad). Can I do the lister labs tests, collect reports and finish the doctors appointment within this time frame and also make my evening train?

6) Could someone suggest a convenient/good place to put up at in Chennai, preferably close to the consulate? I have gotten a couple of names, Crystal Residency and Ganpath. If the prices and checkin/checkout times are known that would help too. Can I book from here? If so could you please provide me with contact info.

7) What is the doctors fee for medical exam (ballpark numbers, please)?

Best Regards!

sb245491

1) I intend to leave for India on the 6th of March. What if I dont get it by then?
Answer: You should receive the P4 by 2-3rd march latest. In the mean time you can call / email chennai consulate adn request them to mail the P4 duplicate to an indian address of your choice or you/ someone you know can pick up the duplicate p4 from teh consulate!
==============================================
2) For tax documentation, I have ordered my tax transcripts for the last three years from IRS (1-800-829-1040). They are in sealed envelopes. I assume it is ok for me to open them and inspect them? Are these sufficient as far as tax docs are concerned?
Answer: Yes you can open them. These transcripts along with W2 are required. Plus if you have state tax forms it is recommended to carry those too since the tax transcripts are for federal taxes only.

3) Can someone provide me with the addresses & phone numbers for Dr.Vijaylakshmi(and maybe other doctors) and Lister labs?
Answer: http://madras.sphynx.com/download/MedicalExamCoverLetter.pdf

4) As far as the medical exam by doctor is concerned, what does it include? Do I need a lady doctor for my wife?
Answer: See above link. Generally full physical exam, plus vaccines for MMR, Tetanus and X-ray for TB and at most chicken pox vaccine if you havent had chicken pox before. You can request a lady doctor if you desire.

5) I intend to arrive in Chennai around 5:55am (from Hyderabad) on the day of my medicals(10th March) by Chennai Express and leave the same day at 8:10PM by Charminar Express (back to Hyderabad). Can I do the lister labs tests, collect reports and finish the doctors appointment within this time frame and also make my evening train?
Answer: ASsuming there are no medicals complications or complicated previous medical history yes everyothing including medical reports can be completed in 1 day.

6) Could someone suggest a convenient/good place to put up at in Chennai, preferably close to the consulate? I have gotten a couple of names, Crystal Residency and Ganpath. If the prices and checkin/checkout times are known that would help too. Can I book from here? If so could you please provide me with contact info.
Answer: Wait for some one to respond on this one. I am n ot from chennia but have heard good remarks about crystal so far.

7) What is the doctors fee for medical exam (ballpark numbers, please)?
Answer: REfer above link provided. IT is standaard fees for everyone. Generally around RS 1500-1700 per head and may required additional for vaccines on case by case basis.

Tax forms

Hi

Is there any expiration for Tax documents ? like PCC, other than year end.

Thanks in Advance.

piska:

There is no expiration for TAX documents/ transcripts.

PCC has an expiration which is for some consulates it should be not more than 6 months while for other consulates it should not not more than 12 months old. For indian consulates and for Indian PCC the validity is 6 months as on the date of the interview...so pcc cannot be more than 180 days on the interview date!

I-134 and EMployment letters have not expiration date and are normally recommended to get these 2 document generally as close to the interview as possible.

PCC validity - correction to kd1403's opinion

I concur with kd1403 ...
for indian nationals, indian pcc validity is 6 months.

But according to Foreign Affairs Manual,third country docs.(like, an indian national holding a Japanese, French PCC) may have indefinite validity. (9 FAM 42.65 N3)
The catch is - you must be able to prove with certainity that you haven't re-entered the third country after applying for PCC.

I had a 2 yr. old Japanese PCC when I went
for CP. I also had a printed copy of the relevant
section of FAM manual ...but there wasn't any
issue about PCC validity...
All of the CP process is explained in the FAM.
If you have enough time, enjoy.
http://foia.state.gov/regs/search.asp
...sometimes there are frequent updates to some
sections, make sure you look for relevant updates
as well.

Std. disclaimers apply !!