***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Re: Appointment Letter... called consulate.

So, does this technique apply when we go to Lister lab as well as doctor's appt? . Becos even at the above two places appt.letter is an required document.

Originally posted by akashvani
Guys,

Called the consulate and they said if we do not receive the original appointment letter on time, we could print the August Appointment listing, highlight the case number and show up at the consulate right on the date of appointment. So that was cool..

Akashvani

Re: Re: Appointment Letter... called consulate.

Originally posted by gc1seeker
So, does this technique apply when we go to Lister lab as well as doctor's appt? . Becos even at the above two places appt.letter is an required document.

yes it does. my friend did not have original appt letter in June
and was able to complete lab & doctor's with the printout.

u_me

I believe we have to pay the equivalent of US 75 dollars. One of the papers that they sent says that the processing rate has increased to 335 dollars.

Pramod

The fee has increased to 335, but if you have already paid the $260 to the NVC, you still have to pay the old fee and only $65 in issuance fees..

Originally posted by pkada
I believe we have to pay the equivalent of US 75 dollars. One of the papers that they sent says that the processing rate has increased to 335 dollars.

Pramod

Packet 4 documents

I have received my packet 4 documents at Indian address on July 17th.I am planning to leave US for India on July 31st. If I ask my relatives to send packet 4 documetns to me ,I am afraid I may not receive them in time.

Can anybody post some more details about what is mentioned in the following documents. ( whoever have got packet 4 documents in their hand)

1. Instruction about document list
2. Instruction about fee
3. Medical and doctor detail ( is the info same as available in immihelp.com).

Thank you,

Pujpran

Here is the list

1. OF-171-Visa appointment letter.
2. DS-230-Part I & II Visa application.
3. Marriage certificate.
4. Wedding photos.
5. Birth certificate OR statement of non-availabilty of birth records & affidavit of birth.
6. Evidence of financial support(affidavit of suppor in Form I-864 from the petitioner as well as any co-sponsor, including 3 years most recent U.S. Federal income Tax returns), Petitioner's Employment letter and Bank statements.
7. Photos - 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch in size. Sign on two copies at the bottom front. Do not sign the 3rd copy. In a child's photo, write the name of the child. The photograph must be a three quarter frontal protrait with the right side of the face and right ear visible. We require color phots with white background.
8. Proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner.
9. Medical reports. Do not submit your X-ray.
10. Completed 9003 form.
11. Separate passport for each applicant.(including children).

Even though 1-864 is mentioned in the list , do not worry about it as its required for family based imm.
Do not forget to add PCC to the above list.

I did get the tax transcripts from IRS & sailing permit.
I am not sure if sailing permit is required , its a very simple process , just go to the local IRS office , they will issue it with in no time.

Applied for Transit Visa , waiting for the passports.

All the best.

Hope this helps

Defjam

transit visa

defjam,

we need transit visa only if our visa stamped in the passport and/or I-94 is expired. Is that correct?. Does the same apply both for Germany and France?.

Should Employment Letter be notarized ?

I received the employment letter from my company which was not notarized. Also, it does not state when I joined the company. My company lawyer argues that it is ok and good enough in its existing format. I checked immihelp.com and it clearly mentions notarization of employment letter and the content needed.

I was wondering if you guys came across anything in this regard on the consulate website or any briefing made by consulate reflected in immigration websites. That way, I could use that to convince my company attorney.

Anyone else attending interview on Friday the 23rd ? ;-)

hi akashvani

the original company letter on the company letterhead still needs to be notarized, it would be useful to include that you have been working with them continuously from xxxxx-xxxx

Transit Visa & Emp Letter

Transit visa is required only if ur visa/I-94 on passport has expired. Emp letter has to be notarised its mandatory.

Re: Here is the list

Originally posted by defjam
Hey defjam : Just wanted to know the list that you have given is the ORDER in which chennai consulate ask you to arrange your documents?. Please share your thoughts

1. OF-171-Visa appointment letter.
2. DS-230-Part I & II Visa application.
3. Marriage certificate.
4. Wedding photos.
5. Birth certificate OR statement of non-availabilty of birth records & affidavit of birth.
6. Evidence of financial support(affidavit of suppor in Form I-864 from the petitioner as well as any co-sponsor, including 3 years most recent U.S. Federal income Tax returns), Petitioner's Employment letter and Bank statements.
7. Photos - 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch in size. Sign on two copies at the bottom front. Do not sign the 3rd copy. In a child's photo, write the name of the child. The photograph must be a three quarter frontal protrait with the right side of the face and right ear visible. We require color phots with white background.
8. Proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner.
9. Medical reports. Do not submit your X-ray.
10. Completed 9003 form.
11. Separate passport for each applicant.(including children).

Even though 1-864 is mentioned in the list , do not worry about it as its required for family based imm.
Do not forget to add PCC to the above list.

I did get the tax transcripts from IRS & sailing permit.
I am not sure if sailing permit is required , its a very simple process , just go to the local IRS office , they will issue it with in no time.

Applied for Transit Visa , waiting for the passports.

All the best.

Hope this helps

Defjam

Re:employment letter...

Thanks for the response guys.. I am convinced my self about the Emp. letter content and notarization (more is better anyways).. but I am still wondering if there is any info on the chennai website regarding notarization (some sort of proof that I shove it in the face of the company attorney!)

- Akashvani

akashwani

packet 4's wish list clearly mentions that empl. letter has to be notarized. if you can't get a handle on packet 4 to show ur company try showing them the list in immihelp and tell them thats what the consulate dictates.
I had same problem with my bosses, they were not too eager to give me an empl. letter with the format I wanted and they were even more hesitant to go out of the way to notarize it, they kind of believed immihelp's list and finally issued me one in the prescribed format.
All the Best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gc_cper..

Thanks for the tip. Since my Packet 4 was supposed to be sent to my attorney in US, I do not have it yet. I have sent an email to Chennai Embassy and waiting for their response. If they do say that the letter needs to be notarized.. it is definately a slap on attorney's face.. (I would love that kodak moment).

- Akashvani

Re: Thanks Gc_cper..

Originally posted by akashvani
If they do say that the letter needs to be notarized.. it is definately a slap on attorney's face.. (I would love that kodak moment).

You dont need anything from Chennai to slap on your attorney's face. Here is the excerpt from the foreign affair manual that all consulates follow that explicitly states that employment letter needs to be notorized and exactly what it needs to state.

Thanks to brb for digging up this gem

http://www.foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0942063X6.pdf

Notorized employment letter

Hello guys,

correct me if iam wrong... If the company is not willing to give a notorized employment letter, that is fine. Let them just give a vanilla employment letter.

Any notary public can notorize the letter. Is that a right statement ?

my 2 cents...

Moulin.. brb.. u rule ! Thanks.

Thanks for the evidence.. very clearly explained. That should nail Mr. Company Attorney.

LocalMadras,
I am thinking that the person who signs the document may need to do so in front of the notary (atleast officially) as the notary attests the signature.

- Akashvani

notorized empl. letter

If my memory serves me right, on page 3 of I-134(1st sheet of instuctions) they mention about a couple of documents as evidence of support and in it is mentioned the dreaded notorized empl. letter.
And as far as notarization goes the person issuing the letter has to sign in front of the notary, no notary will authenticate a signature without seeing that person.

akashvani,

have you got your P4?. Please post when you have received it. I'm also expecting the P4 delivered to US address.