Confirmation to Vote.

sanjay73

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I totally apologize for asking this question. But, i dont want to mess up anything and just wanted a second confirmation. Sorry for asking this.

I became a US Citizen Yesterday and took my Oath and also got my Naturalization Certificate. Along with it, we were given the Link to download the Voter registration Forms.

We can vote to register and get our Voter Registration Card now correct ? Sorry, again for asking....

This should not create any trouble or problem right.

Thanks

You can't vote until your 80th birthday.:D

Yes, of course you can vote and register now that you are a USC.

Thanks, Bobysmth. :) :) :)

Great, then i would go ahead and fill out the voter registration forms and send it off tomorrow :)

Bob, do we need to attach a copy of the naturalization certificate as well?

Thanks
Sanjay

Thanks, Bobysmth. :) :) :)

Great, then i would go ahead and fill out the voter registration forms and send it off tomorrow :)

Bob, do we need to attach a copy of the naturalization certificate as well?

Thanks
Sanjay

Sanjay, when next elections are held, don't ask "should I vote for Democrats / Republicans / Green etc".

No, no need to submit the certificate to voter registration form.
However, depending on state law, it may be necessary to bring the certificate or other proof of citizenship when actually going to vote. Or to reinstate your voting rights if they remove you from the voters list because they think you are not a citizen (due to the databases which they cross-check not showing your citizenship status yet).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

I totally apologize for asking this question. But, i dont want to mess up anything and just wanted a second confirmation. Sorry for asking this.

I became a US Citizen Yesterday and took my Oath and also got my Naturalization Certificate. Along with it, we were given the Link to download the Voter registration Forms.

We can vote to register and get our Voter Registration Card now correct ? Sorry, again for asking....

Thanks

You can't vote if you are not a US citizen so you are now a US citizen and you are free to do anything you want. :)

Considering all the posts in the past about people who registered to vote when they were not eligible I understand your anxiety. No problem, if you took your oath and you have your certificate you can go ahead and register to vote. It might be possible that you don't need to vote until next November, so you should have plenty of time for the registration to go through in time for next election.

Hello

Thanks

Is this possible if one day presidential election outcome
hinger on one vote difference so opposing party insist
upon re-viewing all naturalized citizen's application
to kick out voter as mnay as possible? :)

Not really since the electoral college votes for the president, not the people.

Before that, they'd better check on acorn, which makes some US-born citizens reister to vote up to 7 times....:mad:

LOL :D Thanks, SEA400. Nope, i wont :p

when you register to vote, you will receive a letter from the election office

or an big envelope that has your voter registration card number and instructions about voting in local and federal election, and you will have the address of the polling center where you shoild cast your vote

i do believe your name will be sent to the polling center, so when you go to vote they will have your name and your information, so there is no need to bring with you certificate of naturalization

Not really since the electoral college votes for the president, not the people.

I disagree with this. Whatever be the actual mechanics, it is possible for election to hinge on a single vote. Didn't Florida (Bush V Gore) hinge on 535 votes? It does not matter if one candidate is winning handsomely in popular margin, if that one state can change the balance and the vote different there is small.

I disagree with this. Whatever be the actual mechanics, it is possible for election to hinge on a single vote. Didn't Florida (Bush V Gore) hinge on 535 votes? It does not matter if one candidate is winning handsomely in popular margin, if that one state can change the balance and the vote different there is small.

Not exactly. Bush was elected by 2 votes, not 535. There was nothing preventing the Florida electors for voting for Gore, had they decided to.

Not exactly. Bush was elected by 2 votes, not 535. There was nothing preventing the Florida electors for voting for Gore, had they decided to.

bush should had carried florida by tens of thousands of votes should the liberal media had not called florida pre maturely for al gore at 7:30 pm while conservative

still voting in cental florida and the polling center is still open till 8:00pm

Hello

Thanks

Yes you can vote only for democrats because you have no choice until 2059 - 50 years of your citizenship. After that you can choice whoever you want to)) :D

Of course you can. You can also run for Governor in your state))))

The voter registration process differs in each state - some have 'Motor Voter' laws, some have some kind of voter registration card, and some don't. The eligibility documentation may also be different, so check with the local authorities. Usually, the Secretary of State, your County Government office, etc or even local party officials would be able to tell you.

For the real esoteric info, see if anyone at work is a 'precinct captain' or other election official. A former coworker was such an official, and he had all kinds of election process stories to tell (hanging chads, et. al.). It's an interesting process in itself.

Thanks, I think we have to fill out a form and send it to our county which then sends you a Voter registration card in the mail.