• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Confirmation Page

sarahdiop

Registered Users (C)
Hey all, I have a quick question.

I have attempted to fill the application for the DV for the last couple of days from my laptop and I guess my internet connection was not good so it timed out several times, and I received no confirmation page, just a blank page after I clicked on submit. Today I finally succeeded from a different computer (at a library) and I received a confirmation page which i obviously printed. Anyways my question is, could any of my previous "entries" be considered as submitted even though I never received a confirmation page (I am thinking maybe there was a confirmation page that could not get to me because of my connection?... dont know if it even makes sense, I am not a computer gig by no means)
I guess my worry is that they would receive multiple incomplete entries from me...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you didn't get the confirmation page on any of previous attempts I don't think you need to worry about them.

If you were timed out, your entry didn't go through...you only have 30 min. to submit it all, so you should be fine, but i guess there is no way to check about it, so just believe in it:)

ok guys, thanks much for the reassurance. I guess whatever happens was already written somewhere...!

were you able to validate your pic with dv photo validator? I have been trying for 40 minutes with no success. How many times did you try to validate the photo before you were successful?

were you able to validate your pic with dv photo validator? I have been trying for 40 minutes with no success. How many times did you try to validate the photo before you were successful?

No trying, Yes I was able, i got frustrated at first because it wouldnt work from my laptop. Well what happened with mine was that I reduced my pictures to 603x603 pixels with Microsoft Picture Manager then I googled an online pictures resizer. I used http://www.picresize.com/ and entered the correct size for the picture to be resized to (600x600 pixels), I then saved it to my documents and resubmitted it to the photo validator and it finally worked. I tried with several other pictures and it worked that way but I was never able to get the correct size with Microsoft Office Picture Manager (it would give me 568 x 602 for example but never the exact size). But I had to crop it with MO Picture Manager so I get approximately what I want on the picture (head, full shoulders etc.) before using the online reziser. Hope it helps. You'll get it to work. Good luck!:)

Guys, I have another question. If a whole family is applying let's say with the father as the principal applicant, if one of the children (over 18 but under 21) was not born in the same country as everybody else (the other dependents) but has the same citizenship as everybody else, what does the father has to use as country of eligibility for that child? I mean he would use his country of birth which is also his country of citizenship as well as all his dependents' except for that child born in a different country. What would the country of eligibility be for that child? Same as the father since it falls under the father's application? That child has also applied on her own claiming her country of birth as her country of eligibility. How would that work? I hope it makes sense.
Thanks!

On the application of her father he just has to fill out where she was born...city and claim her fathers country...is there an issue with her country of birth and eligibility?

the child can claim her father's country of eligibility.

NOte: the country of BIRTH is important not the country of citizenship.

Ok so if i understand correctly:
-if she is filling out individually, she needs to claim her country of birth as country of eligibility (she not married, and both her country of birth and country of citizenship are eligible)... I think I asked you guys advice on this part last week on a different thread.
-when her dad fills for his family, they will all be claimed on the dad's country of birth (which is also their country of citizenship, i know it doesnt matter), including the child who we are talking about.
Conclusion: She will have 2 "chances", one based on her own application claiming country A (which is an european country), and the other one based on her dad's application claiming country B (african country).
Am I right?