Conference Call on Oct 16, Recording now available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to forum...but in need of immediate help and suggestion

Got all H1 and H4 visa extension documents -Approval Notice

Want to visit India next week.. Spouse arrested last week on charges of shoplifting. We are
pleading not guilty and requesting to start pre trail after we are back from India.

1. Can my spouse H4 visa be denied when we go for visa stamping and enter as 'arrested' on the visa stamping forms.
2. Because of her issue , can they deny H1 visa even to me and children.

See my blog

Can I have an answer for this.

My friend was working for Company A and he shifted to Company B, three months back filing a new H1B, But his employer got a 6 page H1B query list, his employer is not reveling the query and not in a position to respond.

Couple questions, Can I switch back to Company A.

1. Does he need to file with DOL (or) USCIS that I am switching back to companyA
2. If his H1B with company B is not approved, will it be a problem that I worked Company B for 3 months and has taken the pay?

Other Question is, Company A send a letter to INS saying that he is not working with Company any more (Company A employer is telling that he did not revoke the H1B but send a normal letter to INS), Can he still switch back to Company A???

If he can not join back Company A, Can he file a new H1B with another company, knowing the fact that he has a query on his H1B with Company B.

I have posted your answers in my blog:

http://boards.immigration.com/blog.php?b=58

Hello Mr. Rajeev,

Greatly appreciate the opportunity this forum provides for such discussion.

Here is my specific situation.

I am from India and I have been in the country for little more than 8 years now. Been on F1 status for more than 5 years; H1B started in May 2005.
In Sep 2006 I switched employers and have been with my current employer since then. My current employer filed for my green card and the current status is that my I-140 has been approved in mid Sept. My priority date is Feb of 2008.

Here is my concern. Our company is in a bad shape and we are facing almost a certain slow-death. There have been some layoffs recentely (luckily I was not in that list) but we feel that the next time around will be sort-of packup for all.

1. In this environment I wanted to find out what my options would be if when I get affcted say in a week or 2 weeks. Some body told me that because my
I-140 is approved I can apply for EAD. Is there any substance to it?
2. What does having an approved I-140 mean?

Can you please shed some light on this?

Many Thanks in advance.

vishuonline

I had already put up comment on this a few days ago on my blog: http://boards.immigration.com/blog.php?b=57

Post RELATED follow up questions there so we can build a knowledge base for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.