Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Latest from me

Hi All,

Thanks everybody for ur wishes.

The latest from my front:

Had LUD yesterday(15th) only on mine with no message change. Today there was another LUD and the message changed to the following:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 15, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

No LUDs on wife's 485 today or yesterday.

Warm regards,
-Still

Cards Received!!

folks,

didn't receive any mail about the "cards mailed" and all but did receive cards yesterday for both me and my spouse.

Card Production Ordered email : Jan 8
Approval Notice Sent email: Jan 11
Received physical Approval Notice: Jan 14
Physical cards received: Jan 16

looks like this is it!!

Thanks KS, Still, and all of you, this thread has been a tremendous support all along.

ciao

folks,

didn't receive any mail about the "cards mailed" and all but did receive cards yesterday for both me and my spouse.

looks like this is it!!

Thanks KS, Still, and all of you, this thread has been a tremendous support all along.

ciao

Congrats purwa and Still on your recent approvals.
Its heartning to see that a lot of old timers in this group are getting approvals.
For me the wait continues :-(

folks,

looks like this is it!!

ciao

Hi Pururwa,

Congratulations on reaching the final summit.

You are most welcome! And surely we will meet again in say 5 years in the citizenship thread.

-Still

Congrats purwa and Still on your recent approvals.
Its heartning to see that a lot of old timers in this group are getting approvals.
For me the wait continues :-(

Hi Huizet,

Thanks and nice to see you back.

Update to all from my side:
There was an LUD again on both our 485s yesterday but no message change on either.

-Still

what is POJ _

Hi All,

Got another LUD on both our 485s today, with no message change in either.
Mine happend first and then saw the same on my wife's.

Called up TSC using POJ to enquire about my wife's 485 status: Said that the USCIS's background check is pending, though the FBI NC is clear.

-Still

Can you tell how to do that as i need to know to call and find out my status too
thanks in advance

Can you tell how to do that as i need to know to call and find out my status too
thanks in advance

Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1
Press 2
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number - SRC(772) + the numerical case #
press 1 (now listen to the case update info....)
press 3
press 4

-Still

Still, what category is shown on Approval Notice and Green Card?

Hi Pururwa,

Congratulations on reaching the final summit.

You are most welcome! And surely we will meet again in say 5 years in the citizenship thread.

-Still

Thanks Still.

There is a category field on the approval notice and on the physical green card too? what is it on your approval, E27 or E26? do you know what it means?

Thanks

Thanks Still.

There is a category field on the approval notice and on the physical green card too? what is it on your approval, E27 or E26? do you know what it means?

Thanks

Hi Pururwa,

Haven't yet received any of the documents/card physically.

One question: Do all of these land up at the attorney's office or at our mail box. [Sorry for the stupid question]

My "Card Ordered" happened on the 11th and today is the 19th, already checked my mailbox after Saturday's delivery, nothing so far. Should I start to worry?

Warm regards,
-Still

Non availability of Birth Certificate

I received a RFE as stated below.

"If a civil record does not exist, you must submit a written statement, on official letterhead, from the relevant government or other competent civil authority in India, establishing that the Birth Record of Malabika Baguli does not exist and/or is not available in that country. The statement must indicate the reason the record does not exist and whether similar records for the time and place are available. Only then secondary evidence be accepted."

Please post the draft for "Non availability of Birth Certificate" or send it to me immediately.

Regards,

Subrata
subrata.baguli@gmail.com

Sorry to sort of "forward" this post to the group again, but does anyone know whether initiating additional queries could further delay the FBI Name Check clearance process or not?

If you happen to know, and if you could please enlighten me further, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, and once again sorry for re-posting this message.

I'm in a rut here, and need some advice.

I called NSC again this morning, and was told that I'm still stuck in FBI name check. My lawyer has already contacted the local Senator's office in December, with no response yet, and I asked her if contacting First Lady's office would also be helpful. Following is her response:

"I really don't think writing to the First Lady's office would be helpful for a variety of reasons (this really isn't just about someone contacting the FBI and asking them to hurry); however, if you want to try, that's fine."

So I thought it might not hurt to try for myself, and requested her to send me a copy of the letter she sent to the local Senator's office last month. I was thinking of using that letter as a template, and proceed from there. Well, here is her reply this time:

"I am afraid that FBI name checks can delay a processing applications much longer than 30 days and it can be months/years if it is truly an FBI name problem. Submitting additional queries will serve only to delay the case and if you have already requested an FBI name check query it will serve to delay that first query. Standard FBI name checks may take only a couple of months so your best bet at this point is to be patient and contact me back by 3/1 if we have not had any resolution to this."

Is it true that initiating additional queries could further delay the FBI Name Check clearance process? I'm now in a catch 22 situation where I'm not certain if I should try to contact the First Lady's office on my own, or if I'm better off just being patient and not doing anything for the time being.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry to sort of "forward" this post to the group again, but does anyone know whether initiating additional queries could further delay the FBI Name Check clearance process or not?

If you happen to know, and if you could please enlighten me further, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, and once again sorry for re-posting this message.

Just write to FL yourself.

If u have already initiated an Enq. by calling the National Service Center, then wait for the reply and attach a xerox of this with ur letter to FL.

Asking any Senator's office whether writing to the FL will be good or not is just ........(u know what)

-Still

Thanks Still. I had already initiated an inquiry with the National Service Center, and I was told that I should be hearing something on or before January 21st. Well, I haven't heard anything one way or the other, nor has my case status changed online (No LUD changes either!)

The only reason I know I'm stuck in FBI Name Check is because I used the POJ method.

Since you said that I should attach a xerox copy, does USCIS send you some letter even if they're unable to process the case within 60 days after putting in a service request? Just wondering ... since I haven't received that either. (Yeah, I'm sure they'll blame it on the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays!) :rolleyes:

Just write to FL yourself.

If u have already initiated an Enq. by calling the National Service Center, then wait for the reply and attach a xerox of this with ur letter to FL.

Asking any Senator's office whether writing to the FL will be good or not is just ........(u know what)

-Still

Filed in dec 2006 using CC (wife) EB2 with PD of SEP 06. No LUD since first FP were done in Jan 07. Initiated inquiry in Nov and got back response saying 'The service is waiting for VISA availability'. So clearly they are not considering CC even if EB2 (ROW) is current. Have sent letter requesting CC.

You must have received the cards by now!!

Hi Pururwa,

Haven't yet received any of the documents/card physically.

One question: Do all of these land up at the attorney's office or at our mail box. [Sorry for the stupid question]

My "Card Ordered" happened on the 11th and today is the 19th, already checked my mailbox after Saturday's delivery, nothing so far. Should I start to worry?

Warm regards,
-Still

Usually you get the cards/approvals within 8 to 10 days after you receive the first mail. So, you should have them by now.

Cards come directly to you and approval notices go to both you and your lawyer.

Got the card at last

Hi All,

Today I got the Welcome Notice and the Card in my mailbox.

Still no update or change of anything for my wife.

-Still

Usually you get the cards/approvals within 8 to 10 days after you receive the first mail. So, you should have them by now.

Cards come directly to you and approval notices go to both you and your lawyer.

Hi Pururwa,

You are bang on target. You posted this on the 24th and
yesterday I recd. my card and the welcome notice in the mail.

Thanks & regards,
Still