Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Hi All,

I had an infopass appointment today. IO told me that my namecheck is cleared now. I asked her if she was 100% sure that namecheck is cleared, she said "why would I lie to you".

WooHooo.

Now what are the next steps. Which doors should I knock on next, I am all ready to send a ton of letters.

Thanks,
Manas

Hey Mansarovar
Congratulations on clearing that hurdle

Hi All,

I had an infopass appointment today. IO told me that my namecheck is cleared now. I asked her if she was 100% sure that namecheck is cleared, she said "why would I lie to you".

WooHooo.

Now what are the next steps. Which doors should I knock on next, I am all ready to send a ton of letters.

Thanks,
Manas

Great news Mansarovar! Congrats! You are almost there now...

Need some advice on this scenario. When we initiated an SR on my/spouse case we got the following responses

mine- background check
spouse- awaiting your biometric information from the ASC in order to produce your Permanent Resident Card. If you have not received an Application Support Center (ASC) appointment notice to report for biometric capture within 60 days of the date of this response, contact us at the number provided

The strange thing is that we did our 2nd round of biometrics in July. But I didnt see a LUD on our cases after that.

Any thoughts on next steps? Contact customer service or wait for the FP notice?

Hey All, sorry have been out of touch for a while.

Navneet, congrats on your approval - it was about time.

For everyone considering writing to senators/congressmen etc, I would recommend writing your first letter to the First Lady's office. I've written to everyone - helpful as they are, Congressmen's and Senator's offices only contact the USCIS and get a standard reply; of course the reply looks a little more official then the one we get - guess that does make a diff but not where it counts. From my experience, the First Lady's office is the only one that contacts the FBI - I got a letter from the FBI about a month back saying they were contacted by the FL's office. I've been too busy with work since but apparently, my namecheck cleared a few days after I received the letter from the FBI. I called USCIS today expecting to hear the usual but was told I was in the clear.

The rep went to to say that it would still be a while before we got our green cards since we were charged to India. I explained to her that we applied under the cross chargeability clause and that are current under the latest bulletin. She excused herself, prob to speak to a supervisor, and when she got back, she said she made a note on the casefile and would push it to something she referred to as 'work distribution'. Anyway, glad I called - sounds like the file would've sat there until someone realized it wasn't charged to India. Sucks though, that you have to keep prodding at every turn of events. Some people are nice though.

vik

Hey All, sorry have been out of touch for a while.

Navneet, congrats on your approval - it was about time.

For everyone considering writing to senators/congressmen etc, I would recommend writing your first letter to the First Lady's office. I've written to everyone - helpful as they are, Congressmen's and Senator's offices only contact the USCIS and get a standard reply; of course the reply looks a little more official then the one we get - guess that does make a diff but not where it counts. From my experience, the First Lady's office is the only one that contacts the FBI - I got a letter from the FBI about a month back saying they were contacted by the FL's office. I've been too busy with work since but apparently, my namecheck cleared a few days after I received the letter from the FBI. I called USCIS today expecting to hear the usual but was told I was in the clear.

The rep went to to say that it would still be a while before we got our green cards since we were charged to India. I explained to her that we applied under the cross chargeability clause and that are current under the latest bulletin. She excused herself, prob to speak to a supervisor, and when she got back, she said she made a note on the casefile and would push it to something she referred to as 'work distribution'. Anyway, glad I called - sounds like the file would've sat there until someone realized it wasn't charged to India. Sucks though, that you have to keep prodding at every turn of events. Some people are nice though.

vik

Hi Vikram,

When did you write to the FL?
You got the reply in the first week of Oct.'07?

-Still

Hi Vikram,

When did you write to the FL?
You got the reply in the first week of Oct.'07?

-Still

Hey Still

I wrote to the FL's office around the end of July - took about 4 months for the letter to come full circle. Ya, I think it was the 10th, prob just before, of October that I heard from the FBI. And I got a letter from my Senator's office y'day saying my namecheck was cleared on the 10th. I think that's def more then a co-incidence. If I recall correctly, ks and Navneet had similar experiences - I suggest you put a letter in the mail immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

vik

Vikram, is there a phone number you have where I can call to confirm that our case was accepted (in TSC) under cross-chargeability? Or do I have to take an InfoPASS? Our FP (Code 3) was done last week. Is it too early to knock on their doors?

Hey Still

I wrote to the FL's office around the end of July - took about 4 months for the letter to come full circle. Ya, I think it was the 10th, prob just before, of October that I heard from the FBI. And I got a letter from my Senator's office y'day saying my namecheck was cleared on the 10th. I think that's def more then a co-incidence. If I recall correctly, ks and Navneet had similar experiences - I suggest you put a letter in the mail immediately.

Done on 2nd Oct. '07

-Still

Vikram, is there a phone number you have where I can call to confirm that our case was accepted (in TSC) under cross-chargeability? Or do I have to take an InfoPASS? Our FP (Code 3) was done last week. Is it too early to knock on their doors?

Hey doji, I have a bad feeling about cross chargeability after y'day's conversation. It seems to me that even if our cases were accepted under cc, the actual case file doesnt really have a big red flag on it that says 'I'm current - process me !', y'know.

I guess you could start by calling them. My case is at the NSC so I'm not sure the same number combo works for Texas - worth a try - here it is - the 1800 number, then 1, 2, 2, 6, 1, your receipt number, listen to the message, then 3, 4 to talk to a rep. Ask them if you have visa numbers and mention the cc clause and ask if they can flag your case as being current.

If calling doesnt help, maybe talking to an IO at the Infopass would be a good idea. I called NSC again today and the rep did confirm that the case had been flagged to be picked up by an IO.

Hope that helps,
vik

Hey doji, I have a bad feeling about cross chargeability after y'day's conversation. It seems to me that even if our cases were accepted under cc, the actual case file doesnt really have a big red flag on it that says 'I'm current - process me !', y'know.

I guess you could start by calling them. My case is at the NSC so I'm not sure the same number combo works for Texas - worth a try - here it is - the 1800 number, then 1, 2, 2, 6, 1, your receipt number, listen to the message, then 3, 4 to talk to a rep. Ask them if you have visa numbers and mention the cc clause and ask if they can flag your case as being current.

If calling doesnt help, maybe talking to an IO at the Infopass would be a good idea. I called NSC again today and the rep did confirm that the case had been flagged to be picked up by an IO.

Hope that helps,
vik

Sure did help...thank you sir!

Finally!!!!!!

Guys,

After a long wait and more than 300 days of looking at the "case status" every morning, we woke up to this amazing Diwali gift!...

"Current Status: Card production ordered."

Card production has been ordered for both myself and my wife on November 7th...

Thanks everyone for all the excellent advice and support and I am pretty sure everyone will be out of this very soon :D

Guys,

After a long wait and more than 300 days of looking at the "case status" every morning, we woke up to this amazing Diwali gift!...

Thanks everyone for all the excellent advice and support and I am pretty sure everyone will be out of this very soon :D

Ha ha ! That's awesome passcore ! Congratulations man !!

Guys,

Congratulations and Happy Diwali!

Sweeet Gift for you passcore!!! Many congratulations to you and your wife. Indeed its a good gift to you this Diwali.

Guys,

Congratulations Passcore:)

Guys,

Congratulations mate!

Enjoy ur freedom.

-Still

Tracker update

Hi All,

Please find attached the updated tracker with Passcore's 485 approval and doj1desi's EAD/AP ADs and FP.

Those of you who do not find their names in the worksheet please update ur signature with the follow:
Type: CC/REG
Proc Center: TSC/NSC
PD: The date when ur LC got applied
485: RD & ND
FP: date on which FP happened or a future appo date

My appologies if I missed somebody.

-Still

Guys,

Congrats Passcore!!! Enjoy!!!

My wife's case is still pending. So for us the wait continues. I wrote to the Senator, Congressman and the FL regarding her case. Had called TSC and they said that she is pending name check!!! So I guess the name check game still continues to haunt me for her case now.

Cheers!
Navneet